NOTD Arcade Presentation

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ghost, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Use this thread for all comments and suggestions on how to best use the space available on the Arcade Overview fo NOTD.

Post screnshots (ideally annotated) which help new players find their way around and text (even the most obvious things) to help them learn NOTD faster and rate it higher.

I'll start with a tutorial screen (Ability requested Ultra/Extreme settings for screenshots only)

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Writing is a bit difficult to read due to the bright lights, try to do better!
  2. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

I think that utilizing the tutorial map is one of the best things we can do. Not many maps (i have only seen one on NA) use that feature, and if noobs go into the game knowing what s happening, that would be great. And make sure to make everything obvious (boxes around things like what ghost has up there but in a more in game fashion) If in doubt, make the important stuff flash. If anyone remembers when blizzard up dated the terran upgrades like blue flame and stim to have colors, more people used them. Lets try that out.
  3. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

wow. we need more of these! good idea

+1
  4. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks for the initiative. The tutorial screenshots are 800x600 dimensions. The graphic above may not be viewable. Will need larger and more simple text/boxes. Can you help update it a bit? I'll upload in next patch.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Hmm are you sure its 800x600 for screenshots too? I thought that's only the main picture. Other game's screenshots don't look pixelated enough to be 800 x 600.

In any case, I turned my SC2 down to 1024x768 (lowest SC2 allows) and then resized to 800x600 in MS Paint before annotating.

Attached 2 alternatives (800x600 is so limited in typing space!)
  6. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Weapon is highlighted in the second picture; however, there is no annotation for it.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I'll add to buglist :p

Quality might be worse due to it being an edit of an edit
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks Ghost - uploaded into next patch for testing.
  9. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Need someone with the map to do this.

Check out the screen that NOTDSO uploaded. We need that too.
  10. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

Good work, but these are a little busy. Info Overload. Could prob do 1 screen for each thing. 1 for mission stuff, 1 for HUD, 1 for items, 1 for talent tab and trees, 1 something else. Currently, the last 3 screens on How to play are kinda wasted anyway.
  11. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Some text for the how to play section or overview summary:

NOTD has 3 completely different storylines to choose from each with unique objectives and classes to choose from.
    There is also a Survival mode that can be unlocked by experienced players to test their skills against 40 waves of difficulty enemies in a dark and gritty environment.
    For those who crave a challenge, every mode can be made even more difficult and rewarding by typing -nm to enable Nightmare mode

Reason is that currently outside of the story selection screen, people looking at the map in Arcade have no idea or may not remember after playing the first few times.