NOTD 2: Unlocks

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Kith, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

NOTD 2: Unlocks
    Shiny things!

CLASS UNLOCKS
    • The player will start out with all Tier 1 classes unlocked. The higher their Rank Experience (or XP) goes, the more classes they will unlock.
    • Classes will be unlocked in sets of five (or per Tier) to ensure that players have a significant amount of options available to them at any given time.
    • Details on when class Tiers become available can be found in this thread.
    ACCOLADES
    • Accolades are equippable profile items that have varying effects based on what they are. For an example, the Purple Heart increases your health, and the Gunner's Merit increases your magazine size.
    • With a few exceptions (play x amount of games, ect), Accolades will be able to be earned in a single game.
    • 30 Accolades are class-specific, referred to as "Badges" to differentiate them from the general achievement "Medals".
    • More details on Accolades can be found in this thread.

STAT POINTS

CREDITS
    • How to earn Credits in NOTD 2 is simple and easy to understand - how many you earn is based on a modifier assigned by difficulty.
    • Recruit games earn 0.25 Credits per 1 point of Experience.
    • Normal games earn 0.5 Credits per 1 point of Experience.
    • Nightmare games earn 1 Credit per 1 point of Experience.

ARMORS
    • “Class Armors” can be unlocked either by purchasing them in the Credit Shop or by completing the required amount of games with the appropriate class. You can unlock Class Armors faster by playing harder difficulties.
    • “Special Armors” are unlocked only by playing certain game modes or missions. An example of a Special Armor would be the Peacekeeper armor set.
    • "Limited Armors" are sets that cannot be modified in any way and must be worn as a set. Currently the only example is the Aftermath set, but more may be on the way.

FAVORED WEAPONS

ALTERNATE WEAPONS
    • Unlockable Favored Weapons that you can earn by completing specific missions or defeating certain enemies.
    • Alternate Weapons are variants of Normal Weapons that perform similar tasks or have slightly different mechanics from their standard cousins.
    • Currently the Alternate Weapons are the Plasma Rifle, the Minigun, the Slug Shotgun, the Tesla Gun, the Incinerator, the Dart Rifle, the Chemical Sprayer, the Pocket Rocket, and the Microwave Gun.
    • Alternate Weapon information can be found in the original Weapon thread, but this information is outdated. Alternate Weapons will be updated in the future.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Neat! I like it.
  3. nex_

nex_ Member

Best hopes for the not too distant future !
  4. nex_

nex_ Member

Currently the Alternate Weapons are the Plasma Rifle, the Minigun, the Slug Shotgun, the Tesla Gun, the Incinerator, the Dart Rifle, the Chemical Sprayer, the Pocket Rocket, and the Microwave Gun.

uh they are not presented in the dedicated post :eek:

Was wondering if it could be possible to activate/desactivate the favorite weapon, at will ? I mean once you have taken it, you can choose before game starts to use it, or get basic weapon with normal mods.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

No, they are not. I haven't released details on them yet.

Yes, there will be an option during the "setup" portion of the game to switch between weapon mod loadouts and favored weapons and the "Default" option will always be available.
  6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Looks good and clear.
  7. Xienus

Xienus New Member

Sounds very OP +5
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Credit earning rate added to the first post. I was going to make it its own thread, but then I realized that I've already got one for this kinda stuff. Go me.
  9. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

<-has been sacrificed to the gods by 0xp
    Two digit numbers? Ive missed something.
    As 'upgraded variant' to the flamer or completely its own ?
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

There was a thread on them.

Based on the SMG, actually. And yes, all alternate weapons will be completely on their own.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

First post updated with the final word on MOS Points. Also added a link to the Character Mods thread.
  12. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Oh kithy, dis gonna be a good game...