NOTD 2: The Medic

Discussion in 'Canceled Content' started by Kith, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

NOTD 2: The Medic
    I have found that, with the advent of Variant Tier 3s, class design has allowed me to do a lot more neat stuff. Maybe this won't be as painful the more I do it.

INNATES
    Surgical Laser has been cut entirely and Antivenom has been rolled into First Aid, a Tier 1 skill for Support. I've never, ever been a fan of how the base Medic could handle so many ailments just by being there. The Medic is still capable of doing this, however, now it requires items!

Non-Combatant
    Learning Tooltip:
    None
    Button Tooltip:
    Non-Combatant [Passive] (Placed under Marine Actions)
    The Medic gains additional shared experience and has reduced rating loss from getting hit.

Medical Training
    Learning Tooltip:
    None
    Button Tooltip:
    Medical Training [Passive] (Placed under Marine Actions)
    Using the Medical Assistance ability (located in Marine Actions) will use a Medkit if the target is injured, a Bandage if the target has an Open Wound, or an Antivenom if the target is inflicted with Venom. Additionally, medical items heal 20% additional health when used or applied by the Medic.

Mechanics Information:
    If the target has Venom, use Antivenom.
    If the target has an Open Wound, use Bandage.
    If the target has less than 80% total hitpoints, use a Medkit.

SUPPORT
    No longer called Field Aid. It’s been restructured and updated and all of that fun business. It’s fairly similar to the “Hello, Friends” rework, but some things have been moved around.

TIER 1

First Aid
    Learning Tooltip:
    By applying a steady stream of nanites programmed to repair damaged tissue and act as temporary oxygen carriers, the Medic is capable of healing wounded allies. The Medic also has access to nanites with a subroutine that exhumes non-native toxins from the body, effectively countering any poisons or venoms that the patient may have been inflicted with.

Level 1: Heal restores 4 hitpoints per second, Antivenom’s cooldown is 15 seconds
    Level 2: Heal restores 6 hitpoints per second, Antivenom’s cooldown is 10 seconds
    Level 3: Heal restores 8 hitpoints per second, Antivenom’s cooldown is 5 seconds

“First Aid is the initial care for an illness or injury and is usually performed by trained personnel to a sick or injured person until expert medical treatment can be provided.”

Button Tooltip:
    Heal [E] (Toggle)
    2.5 energy per second
    Channeled
    6 range

Restores [4/6/8] hitpoints per second to target unit. [Cures an Open Wound every [8/6/4] seconds.] (Medical Expertise)

Mechanics Information:
    No longer casts on right clicking a unit. Does not require constant attention – ability continues casting as long as the target is in range, leaving the Medic free to shoot at things. Toggling off costs no energy.

Antivenom [R]
    [20/10] energy cost
    [15/10/5] second cooldown

Removes 1 stack of venom and cures 10 hitpoints on target unit.

Nano-Haste
    Learning Tooltip:
    Nanite injections have replaced most performance-enhancing drugs to reduce potential dependence and other negative side effects while still retaining many of the positive effects commonly associated with such substances. The “Haste” packet mimics a rush of adrenaline, providing a measured burst of energy to the target that allows them to operate at a higher pace.

Level 1: Increases movement and attack speed by 10% for 40 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
    Level 2: Increases movement and attack speed by 15% for 50 seconds. 50 second cooldown.
    Level 3: Increases movement and attack speed by 20% for 60 seconds. 40 second cooldown.

“Gotta go fast!”

Button Tooltip:
    Nano-Haste [Q]
    10 energy cost
    [60/50/40] second cooldown
    6 range

Increases the movement speed and attack speed of the target by [10%/15%/20%] for [40/50/60] seconds. [Broken bones are reverted to fractures every 20 seconds and fractures are mended every 10 seconds.] (Medical Expertise)

TIER 2
    Medical Expertise

Learning Tooltip:
    The Medic is able to modify their nanites to produce additional effects, such as mending ruptured skin to seal open wounds and integrating a bone mending routine into the Haste packet. Weave nanites are also capable of repairing fractures and exhuming toxins from the body, but this requires a specific modification from a trained operator, as inexact application can lead to drastically worsening injuries or irregular bone growth.

Level 1: Heal cures Open Wounds over time and Haste cures bone damage over time.
    Level 2: The energy cost of Antivenom is reduced by 50% and Weave cures random ailments over time.

“Trust me, I’m a doctor.”
    Button Tooltip:
    None

Nano-Weave
    Learning Tooltip:
    A “Weave” nanite is smarter and more robust variant of the standard “Heal” nanite, sporting more processing power and a longer operational window. It is capable of searching out wounded tissue and repairing it without supervision, allowing the user to focus on other tasks or patients.

Level 1: Restores 5 hitpoints per second for 15 seconds.
    Level 2: Restores 8 hitpoints per second for 15 seconds.

“Take this and call me in the morning.”

Button Tooltip:
    Nano-Weave [W]
    40 energy cost
    15 second cooldown
    6 range

Restores [5/8] hitpoints per second for 15 seconds. [It also heals a random ailment every [10/7] seconds.] (Medical Expertise)

TIER 3
    Players can pick one, but not both.

Nano-Shield
    Learning Tooltip:
    The “Shield” nanite functions by attaching itself to the targets’ clothing and networking with the other Shield nanites present. This creates a latticework of energy that functions as a force field, shielding them from outside harm. When used on someone wearing powered armor, the energy is routed directly into the armor’s shield generator, restoring it to maximum operational capacity and providing additional shield strength for a short time.

Level 1: Boosts the shields of all units in a 2.5 radius, fully restoring them and granting 75 bonus shields and 4 shield armor for 30 seconds.

“Behold! The Impregnabubble!”

Button Tooltip:
    Nano-Shield [G]
    55 energy cost
    90 second cooldown
    10 range

Boosts the shields of all units in a 2.5 radius, fully restoring them and granting 75 bonus shields and 4 shield armor for 30 seconds.

Nano-Strength
    Learning Tooltip:
    Like the “Haste” nanite, the “Strength” nanite is designed to replicate the positive effects of performance-enhancing drugs without the negative effects. The “Strength” nanite provides short-term cognitive and muscular enhancements by mimicking anti-anxiety medication and a handful of other performance-enhancing substances. It decreases reaction time and increases physical strength, making snap decisions easier to make and weapon weight and recoil easier to handle for a brief period.

Level 1: Increases the target’s ranged damage and turn speed by 50% and their melee damage by 100% for 60 seconds.

“RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!”

Button Tooltip:
    Nano-Strength [G]
    25 energy cost
    60 second cooldown
    6 range

Increases the target’s ranged damage and turn speed by 50% and their melee damage by 100% for 60 seconds.

OFFENSE
    throwin robots at dudes to make them double dead. the tree formerly known as nano

TIER 1

Nano-Shock
    Learning Tooltip:
    Medics in combat often utilize their nanites as weapons, turning them into dangerous tools by intentionally instructing them to bring harm to others rather than heal them. The most common of these combat modifications is the “Shock”, a nanite operation that produces muscle spasms so violent that they often cause ruptured arteries and internal bleeding.

Level 1: Deals 50 damage and slows units by 45% for 1 second.
    Level 2: Deals 100 damage and slows units by 45% for 2 seconds.
    Level 3: Deals 150 damage and slows units by 45% for 3 seconds.

“Nanites, like any medical tool, can kill people. It is your job to make sure that they don’t… unless you want them to.”

Button Tooltip:
    Nano-Shock [F]
    20 energy cost
    8 second cooldown
    12 range

Deals [50/100/150] damage and slows units by 45% for [1/2/3] seconds in a radius of 3.5.

Mechanics Information:
    Button disappears from the command card while on cooldown.
    Use places a "Shocked!" debuff on damaged targets that lasts for 8 seconds. This debuff serves no purpose other than to "guide" the Aftershock ability (see Tier 2).

Volatile Injection
    Learning Tooltip:
    Actually a dart injection rather than a syringe, nanites enter the victim’s body and proceed to the stomach where they begin producing volatile gas and modifying the victim’s stomach acid to dangerous levels. Upon the victim’s death, the nanites will self-destruct, igniting the gas and causing the body to explode and spray the powerful acid everywhere, maiming and possibly killing nearby targets.

Level 1: Deals 100 damage to nearby units on target death.
    Level 2: Deals 150 damage to nearby units on target death.
    Level 3: Deals 200 damage to nearby units on target death.

“Normally people don’t screw with us ‘cause we’re non-combatants. Don’t shoot the Medic, right? Well, some people did anyways, and let’s just say those people and everyone around them met an untimely end. Now they’re too afraid to shoot us, ‘cause we shoot back with these.”

Button Tooltip:
    Volatile Injection [V]
    20 energy cost
    10 second cooldown
    12 Range

Deals [100/150/200] damage to all units within a [2/3/4] (Intolerable Cruelty) radius of the afflicted unit when it dies.

Mechanics Information:
    I would like the damage effect to “spread” so there’s more of a wave effect in units dying rather than just suddenly everything in the immediate area doing the acid death conga.

TIER 2

Aftershock
    Leveling Tooltip:
    “Shock” nanites have a much longer operational capacity than most nanites due to their destructive implementation being less stressful on their processors than the careful finesse required to repair damaged tissue. It was recently discovered that they linger in their victim’s body after the original attack is complete, allowing a skilled operator to re-activate them and attack their targets once more from within, causing in even more trauma.

Level 1: Aftershock deals Nano-Shock’s current level in damage and stuns the target for 1 second if it is under Nano-Shock’s slow effect.
    Level 2: Reduces cooldown and increases stun duration.

“I like to believe that the first person that experienced the Aftershock technique was thinking “I’m glad that’s over” after the initial hit. I can only imagine their disappointment.”

Button Tooltip:
    Aftershock [F]
    10 energy cost
    [5/3] second cooldown

Deals [50/100/150] damage to units previously damaged by Nano-Shock. Units still slowed by Nano-Shock are stunned for [1/2] seconds.

Mechanical Information:
    Only appears when Nano-Shock is on cooldown.

Intolerable Cruelty
    Learning Tooltip:
    Volatile Injection’s nanites can be modified to damage the stomach lining of the victim and spread themselves throughout the body, using tissue as fuel to more rapidly produce gas and increase the acidity of the stomach’s fluid.

Level 1: Increases the burst radius of Volatile Injection to 3 and causes units under the effect of Volatile Injection to take 3 damage per second for 30 seconds.
    Level 2: Increases the burst radius of Volatile Injection to 4 and causes units under the effect of Volatile Injection to take 6 damage per second for 30 seconds.

“I’ve never vomited myself to death before. I imagine it’s unpleasant.”

Button Tooltip:
    None

TIER 3
    Remember, you can only pick one of these.

Nano-Sear
    Learning Tooltip:
    An enormous swarm of nanites is released to an area, attacking and tearing apart anything that comes within range. Despite primarily being designed to work on biological targets, it is notably effective against mechanical targets and shields.

Level 1: Creates a cloud at the target location that applies a damage over time effect that deals 15 damage per second for 60 seconds to all units that pass through it. Units that remain within the cloud take double damage from the damage over time effect and have their movespeed reduced by 10% every 5 seconds up to 50%. The movespeed reduction fades as soon as the unit leaves the cloud.

“It’s like having a No-Man’s-Land in your pocket, ‘cause anyone that walks in that cloud isn’t coming out.”

Button Tooltip:
    Nano-Sear [G]
    40 energy cost
    90 second cooldown
    15 casting range

Creates a cloud at the target location that applies a damage over time effect that deals 15 damage per second for 60 seconds to all units that pass through it. Units that remain within the cloud take double damage from the damage over time effect and have their movespeed reduced by 10% every 5 seconds up to 50%. The movespeed reduction fades as soon as the unit leaves the cloud.

Mechanical Information:
    Coming in contact with the cloud applies the DOT, and the cloud itself deals 15 damage/sec. Area of effect radius is 3.5.

Nano-Plague
    Learning Tooltip:
    What has become known as the “Nano-Plague” program was actually originally intended for industrial construction to weaken key points in buildings so their demolition would proceed smoothly. However, it was discovered that medical nanites could be loaded with the program, making it an incredibly dangerous weapon that will disassemble its target from the inside out.

Level 1: Deals 40 damage per second for 90 seconds and reduces the target’s armor by 5. If the target dies while under the effects of Volatile Injection, Nano-Plague will be applied to all units damaged by Volatile Injection’s burst.

“Seeing your buddy literally melt into a puddle can’t be good for morale. Oh well. They shouldn’t have shot at us.”

Button Tooltip:
    Plague [G]
    60 energy cost
    120 second cooldown
    15 casting range

Deals 40 damage per second for 90 seconds and reduces the target’s armor by 5. If the target dies while under the effects of Volatile Injection, Nano-Plague will be applied to all units damaged by Volatile Injection’s burst.

Mechanical Information:
    Nano-Plague can only be spread via Volatile Injection once.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BoZ
    • Donator

BoZ New Member

Nice love dat medic. Keep up the good work peeps :)
  3. Nice Job on the Nano med, really like it although i hated old nano shock :D
    Hello there medic Boz nice to see you in forum (I am Unkown ;) )
  4. BoZ
    • Donator

BoZ New Member

hey unknown, Dr BoZ reporting ;)
  5. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

Random... that would be terminal :p How about prioritizes ailments in accord to how fatal they are, starting with easiest for heal towards more complexive ones, and always works in that line-up.
    :awesome:
    Remember to factor in: the fail.net. Because those 1 seconds will be devoured by the lag, simply start with 2 :p
  6. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

as far as i can say for t1 and t2 of FA emdic not that much ash changed, abilites are the same only values might eb changed.
    for t3:
    Nano haste
    not sure bout this one, the dmg increase is ofc nice but since its singletarget and has 60 seconds cd it seems kind of a waste to get it :/ (unless its radial an affects all but i doubt that).

Nano-Shield
    seems to be more or less the same only CD seems longer (unless im mistaken). Of course that can still be rebalanced once we know how it is ingame. (also i see, me calling it "impregnabubble" has made its mark xD)

Nano has most changes:
    I do like that nanoshocks damage has almost doubled which will make it much more viable in lategame, same for VI, nice to see it as T1 aswell. (though i can already hear billions of players cry out in agony about the whoring medic :p)
    together with afterschock, which will deal even more damage and stun a target and intolerbale cruelty to give it a DoT + increased AoE the nanomedic appears to be a real CC class with medium to high dmg.

T3 Nano-sear seems to be changed from the current "sticks on target" to "stick in area"+ got its dmg reduced. so far im not sure how effective it will be, 3.5 radius doesnt strike me as too big. to actually be usefull (meaning reaching 5 stacks for a short time) it should at least be a bit bigger than a maxed Contaminate of the ChemExp (which has 4 radius i think). but would have to test it first before i can be sure bout the effectivness of the AoE radius.

Nano-Plague
    looks quite good for ST skill. esp since it can be spread throu VI.

thats my current feedback. (typos are result of me being incompatible with laptop keybord)
  7. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

O_O

*takes out catapult and starts throw'n robots as well*
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Nope.

Already factored. If you want the disable to be significant, then level the skill.

A 50% damage increase is a "waste"? That's a new one.

Yeah, I screwed with the cooldown. NOTD 2 will be more about kiting and less about tanking, and I feel that abilities should be more impacting and less spammy. I also modified the cooldowns of several other skills.

3.5 is large enough for now, in my opinion. If it's not big enough, then we can make it larger later. That said, considering that you can drop Shock on things in the cloud and Aftershock them multiple times to keep them there, I'm not worried about it. I'm debating on boosting the damage for both DOTs from 15 to 20, but I haven't made a decision yet. I'd prefer we see how effective it is in-game first.

Glad you like it (mostly).
  9. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

Only reason strength seems a bit of a waste to me is that it seems to be single target. 50% ona single character isnt tht much for a t3 skill
    that was the only concern i really had.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Drop that 50% on someone who is already boosting their damage and you'll get some huge payouts. It's "only" 50%, but that 50% can stack with Bloodlust, Harvester of Sorrow, Surgical Strike, ect. It's the same problem that the Ground Support Chemical Expert has - all of the buffs are okay in a vacuum, but if you drop them on someone who deals a good amount of damage, suddenly they're dealing damage in spades.
  11. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

yea but the lvl 1 t2 of a ground support chem can already boost dmg by 50% with lvl 2 its 100%. current nano strentgh used to give 20% as a lvl 3 t1. it just seems a bit underwhelming for a T3 Ultimate. Unless it last for a way longer period (if im not mistaken we dont have a duration on it so far) than penance or other similar skills do.
  12. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

ok from what kith saying its not actual damage that gets boosted 50/100% its more the attack speed and critical hits that would be increased due to drugs only a mod would increase weapon damage?

i could be wrong.
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

... hahahahaha i forgot to list a duration. i am amazing.

The duration for Nano-Strength is 60 seconds.

That said, I'm toning down a lot of the support insanity that's possible now. I know that it seems underpowered compared to what is currently possible, but you should also remember that the Chemical Expert is getting cut.

Nah, Nano-Strength straight up increases damage. My point was that it can be chained with another class's abilities to make damage skyrocket on the whole.
  14. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

ok with 60 seconds duration it at least seems to be reasonable increase. thou personally i would still pick impregnabubble over it atm^^. the real result we will only see once we got a more or less beta version of NOTD2 with the majority of classes ready for testing
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Ops Commando with Flamethrower

Surgical Strike + Nano-Strength + Fire Vulnerability + HE Ammo

Alternatively

Subtlety Marksman with Stinger

Master of Subtlety + Nano-Strength + Anticipation (from another MM) + Fire Vulnerability + HE + Overlevelled Concentration

wat do?
  16. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

remembe stinger has only limited shots in notd 2 and changed damage and flamer is gettin a rework. and as far as we know a lot of skills might be changed in values aswell. so the curretn imba dps might be non existent in notd2 or simply toned down a bit/lot
  17. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

you also have to consider the map layout, plot, missions and enemy's tbh i dont even know why half you guys mention about kiths changes until you play alpha. The only thing you can do is imagine it inside notd (and thats what every ones basing it off) .. but its not its notd2. At least look at the demo terrain, for me looks more cc type and with stealth. Once you played alpha then you can recommend overhauls, changes, cool downs cause thats what alphas for.

just something to consider
  18. ComradeHX

ComradeHX Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This seems like indirect nerf for shield-tanks for earlier game, working as intended?
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Yes. Demotank is getting nerfed in addition to Nanoshield.
  20. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I feel like that as a Tier 3, Nano Strength should have at least a bit of AOE. Perhaps 1, maybe 1.5. If need be we can tone it down - I just don't like the idea of shield being able to hit the whole team and the variant T3 not being able to. Makes Nano STR feel underwhelming by comparison - would push new players to pick Shield over Strength because they'd see that STR has no AoE in its current form whereas shield does. I see what you're doing there with the Tier 3 hotkeys and I like it - and in that light.. would it be possible to change the hotkey and placement of Aftershock, maybe how it works so that players can chain them up more quickly?

I have Aftershock envisioned as taking place close to Nano-Shock on the command card, under a different hotkey, and then Nano-Shock places a debuff on them (Hidden or not, doesn't matter), that enables Aftershock to damage them. Otherwise Aftershock would do no damage without the debuff. I'm coming at this not to raise the skill Floor THAT much, just the skill Ceiling to new and better heights.

Might also be a good idea to list a range for Aftershock here...

I'd have it a bit like this..

Button Tooltip:
    Nano-Shock [F]

20 energy cost

9 second cooldown

12 range

Deals [50/100/150] damage and slows units by 45% for [2/4/6] seconds in a radius of 3.5.

Aftershock
    Leveling Tooltip:
    “Shock” nanites have a much longer operational capacity than most nanites due to their destructive implementation being less stressful on their processors than the careful finesse required to repair damaged tissue. It was recently discovered that they linger in their victim’s body after the original attack is complete, allowing a skilled operator to re-activate them and attack their targets once more from within, causing in even more trauma.

Level 1: Aftershock deals Nano-Shock’s current level in damage and stuns the target for 1 second if it is under Nano-Shock’s slow effect.
    Level 2: Reduces cooldown and increases stun duration.

“I like to believe that the first person that experienced the Aftershock technique was thinking “I’m glad that’s over” after the initial hit. I can only imagine their disappointment.”

Button Tooltip:

Aftershock [C]

10 energy cost

[5/3] second cooldown

12 range

Deals [50/100/150] damage to units previously damaged by Nano-Shock. Units still slowed by Nano-Shock are stunned for [1/2] seconds.

If this gets out of hand in terms of being too powerful, we can set up diminishing returns for 50% reduction on the 2nd Aftershock

This change allows players to set up way-points to Nano-Shock mobs, then Aftershock them once or twice - effectively raising the skill ceiling if they're willing to do that.

Suggested Changes:

Increased effect time of Nano-Shock (Doubled)

Added a range for Aftershock, identical to that of Nano-Shock, Changed Hotkey from F to C, as well as the placement of Aftershock to facilitate the chaining together of Nano-Shock and Aftershock up to two times using waypoints in the order of: Nano-Shock > Aftershock > Aftershock.

Increased Cooldown time of Nano-Shock (Up from 8 seconds to 9 seconds)