NOTD 2: The Assault

Discussion in 'Canceled Content' started by Kith, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Ideally, I'd like each weapon to have their own separate reloads (meaning that if you have a pistol and a flamethrower, the pistol will finish reloading faster and be able to attack while the Flamethrower is still reloading), but if that's not possible, it will be a sum of both.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

This just in: Assault's trees are being renamed to Shock (Protection) and Awe (Arms). They are also getting swapped around, with the tank tree being on the left and the DPS tree being on the right.
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  3. ozzy

ozzy Member

but then lockdown is not that powerful for the cost of no movement and energy drain
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

It also has the advantage of no setup times, so you won't fumble around for several seconds deploying a gun.
  5. David

David Well-Known Member

The tank tree has always been on the right and arms on the left.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

You saw nothing.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

You are definitely the anti-fun wizard...
    I hate you....
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Info in Charge and Unstoppable Force is inconsistent. Charge says Unstoppable Force adds 25 per point, Unstoppable Force says it adds 15 per point.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Fixed. It's supposed to be 15.
  10. ozzy

ozzy Member

I think the assault tanker should have better taunt and heals than the demolitions because it is a heavy class and demolitions is a caster so I think demolitions should be a weaker defense hero

the demolitions skills can be better than assault in many games
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The Demolitions is the weaker defense. The Assault can facetank for days, whereas the Demo is useless once his shields are broken. There aren't a whole lot of ways to heal shields.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

A combination of feedback and a general feeling of "why not" has brought me to push the following changes:
    • Critical Strike grants a 15/30/45% chance.
    • Concentrated Fire no longer grants a Critical Strike bonus while active.
    Concentrated Fire is currently objectively the better option, and I think that smells like butts. So I'm changing it.
  13. Marcus

Marcus Member

Will you be able to use charge when you are blinded or not? Currently in sc2:notd you cant use charge while you are blinded(not sure if its intended or not :) ).
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I don't actually know off of the to of my head and Charge is currently broken so I can't test it. However, I cannot imagine charging blindly ahead being disallowed, so I'll make sure you can.
  15. Marcus

Marcus Member

Thx :).