NOTD 2 SUGGESTION BOX

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by SEEKRIT AGENT OTIS!!!, Jan 16, 2014.

1. nex_

nex_ Member

I think mercenary will add a decent challenge :)

Question : will you implement a 'number of player' parameter in the swarm popup ?
    I'm saying that because for example its basically unpossible in solo to pass rushing swarm on notd, or attempt pmc mode on ua3, and despite its a multiplayer mode, I personally enjoy acquiring real solo challenge, cause it require to be very efficient and not rely too much on a definite set-up.
  2. onebutters

onebutters New Member

Just got on here and I'm liking what I see so far. A few friends of mine are still hardcore fans of NOTD:AM and have configured a WC3 PVPGN to continue playing it as a group some 6+ years after it's final version. For us, it has the right balance of pace, difficulty and reward especially when you get to higher levels.

As general feedback, we found The SC2 NOTD too quick, "playful" and forgiving at times and never connected with it. Will be awaiting this out eagerly.
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Well, I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that I am a huge fan of NOTD:AM and my original end goal of getting on the Dev team was to make the more modern NOTDs more like Aftermath. Just a warning though - NOTD 2 is going to be much closer to Aftermath than NOTD, but it won't be a direct sequel. It will be taking many elements and cues from Aftermath, but it will also be taking many elements and cues from NOTD and other cooperative survival games.

That said, NOTD 2 is designed to solve every problem that NOTD has, so maybe it'll be just what you're looking for. I look forward to your feedback, it's always good to have more Aftermath players around.

Wow, am I late on replying to this. Sorry. NOTD 2 will not feature an unskippable rush of enemies at the beginning like NOTD has. You will be able to kite past any enemies at just about any portion of the game, especially the beginning.

Something that's been asked about a couple times is a solo specific mode, and yes, there will be something along those lines. The current plan is for something called "Terminator Mode" where the player starts the game with either a high amount of skillpoints or levels (not entirely sure which yet) and has something like a 50% Rank XP reduction. We're not too terribly far in terms of figuring out additional gameplay modes, but we do have some ideas of what we want to do.
  4. nex_

nex_ Member

Marksman suggestion : increase concentration recovery rate while using hold fire.
    Promotes micro/ ressource gestion (if we knew how many conc point we have)
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The NOTD 2 Marksman does not have Concentration as an ability.
  6. nex_

nex_ Member

nevermind
  7. Marcus

Marcus Member

Hm, just noticed one thing minis/npc create noise and somewhere you were saying that in NotD2 you will be able to do missions in various ways(Silenced, Big Noise,...). So the question is, if you have minis/npc in chapter you cant avoid the noise and have the whole game 0 noise(Would be lovely some medal for silence way :p, like 0 noise whole game or keep it on some reasonable level or just few times hit the max box :))
  8. ozzy

ozzy Member

you can not have zero noise because there are bosses that are part in the missions
  9. Marcus

Marcus Member

Well i belive there are ways for silence, if nothing else you have Special Defensive Operator Badge.
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

That's intended.