NOTD 2 SUGGESTION BOX

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by SEEKRIT AGENT OTIS!!!, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I'm unsure what you mean. Are you asking for the ability to actually rearrange the whole thing? Because that's not possible at all, I'm afraid.
  2. bonx0110
    • Donator

bonx0110 TheRealXyzzy

Oh ok thank you sorry for the confusion.
  3. Tantric Vigilante

Tantric Vigilante Localboid Cultist

What it be possible to make a "Threat Analyzer Device" or something for sale in the shop? Basically it would act the same as an Occular, provide +1 eyesight but also open up a sub-menu that allows players to set their own threat priorities, maybe with a Highlight option?

For instance, if players could use this in Notd-1, they could set threat priorities to huggers, ghouls, agrons, parasites and infestors in that order. So in a nightmare game, on a trip through the scrapyard they'd automatically prioritize ghouls over agrons, but then if a hugger started coming close they'd stop shooting the ghouls and focus the hugger instead. With a highlight option the hugger can get red-boxed like agrons are now. And if an infestor comes along, that'd be shot after everything else is dead or out of sight range. I cant imagine being able to find it laying around on the map anywhere, nor being less than a small fortune.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I am not interested in making an item or a customization that plays the game for the players. Proper focus firing is large part of NOTD's gameplay, and it will be a larger part of NOTD 2's.
    • Rainbow Sticker Rainbow Sticker x 1
  5. squish

squish Well-Known Member

So, how about having Laser Designate raise threat priority of targeted enemies to max, with an option for players to use LD priority or normal?
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I'm not a fan of the Survcon being seated with the responsibility of directing the team's DPS. This may seem like a far-fetched fantasy to you, but I'd like to point out how many strategies are wholly reliant on individual efforts - the Demotank is a good example, as are the Psi Ops and the SubMM. If a character can take over an aspect of gameplay, it will.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  7. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Perhaps have the Squad Leader's "Mission Critical" increase the threat rating of marked enemies, rather than the Recon's laser designate? Its cool down is so long that it wouldn't dominate the game, but would be perhaps a bit in-line (albeit reducing the skill ceiling) for Squad Leader.
  8. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I disagree with the ending of that statement - I think it'd raise the skill ceiling, forcing players to think about what they mark more, because marking the wrong thing could potentially mean a game wipe right then and there.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Still not gonna happen. Players only need to keep track of one unit unless they're playing statistical outliers like the Engineer or the Infantry FO. They can handle focus firing marked enemies.
  10. NSviper

NSviper New Member

Just a question... what is the critical mechanism? Last one to be obtained is first to be rolled, or viceversa?
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Critical chance stacks. The Assault can get up to 90% crit chance with all skills active. Critical damage is based on weapon type - some have better crit damage than others, which you can view in the weapons thread: http://notdstarcraft.com/threads/notd-2-weapons-guns-glorious-guns.1995/
  12. Tantric Vigilante

Tantric Vigilante Localboid Cultist

Is there any chance of getting a quick belt system? It'd basically work (ripped off of) like the one from Notd:spec ops, where 2 items can be placed in a special inventory space and used with numpad 1 or 2.
  13. ozzy

ozzy Member

I finished a recruit campaign game on monolith but it took 39 minutes to beat not as long as easy company recruit

and we only got to level 5 at the end of the game
    but there were no side missions to get experience yet so I do not know how it is

and there are no cutscenes in notd 2?
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

We are currently seeing if full numpad support for the inventory would be feasible.

NOTD 2's Recruit mode will be much shorter than NOTD's to prevent people from getting bored.

Experience levels are currently being adjusted. We've moved to full shared experience and still have yet to weight the effects it has on leveling pace.

Not yet, no.
  15. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I would fucking hope it is, given that many other games have implemented it rather seamlessly enough.
  16. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Do me a favor. Load up NOTD 2 and press Numpad 1 and 2 once you select your character.

We did the inventory differently from most to reduce errors such as lag and misclicks. We need to undo the hardcoded functions before we add other ones. Undoing hardcoded functions does not always play nice.
  17. ozzy

ozzy Member

could be confusing to use number pad for items because need to have number lock on for functioning usage

it was like that in Aeon Of Storms which I could activate items with number pad and number lock had to be on
  18. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Most people have it turned on by default; non-issue.
  19. ozzy

ozzy Member

but will recruit be like 60 minutes long if the squad does the side missions

it is weird because it was still easy to defeat the final boss at level 5 by using the wall and put dps on one side and I would charge it then taunt every time it got close to the end of the wall

think Rentodus should climb up and down cliffs and fences to make it harder
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

There will be no side missions in Recruit. There are 2 potential Side Missions in Normal and 4 in Nightmare. You can find more details about the difficulties here.

The Rentodus fight is still being adjusted. I'd like to point out that on the To Do List, "Implement Mission 5" is still present. The Rentodus fight still has yet to be tweaked.

He does climb up and down cliffs, actually. I'm tempted to make him larger and a flying unit so fences don't bother him.