NOTD 2 SUGGESTION BOX

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by SEEKRIT AGENT OTIS!!!, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Marcus

Marcus Member

Could jump cause minor stun for ground units in 0.5 range of landing zone(Atleast for heavy[assa,demo,flamer,tech] vs light[zombies,...] for 0.5 or 1 sec)?
    Could run cause minor knockback to ground units in a way(Atleast for heavy vs light)?
    Could light marines be not blocked by massive enemies?
    Could light marines get dodge bonus atleast vs massive when running?
  2. Marcus

Marcus Member

Guess mech enemies will be featured later though i come with this suggestion.

Mech enemy types

Base mechanizm(All):
    Base attack
    - eating energy(e.g. Each shot cost 1 energy, energy regen 1 energy per sec - Energy comsuption is equal to energy regen).
    Overheat - increased fire speed(=> increased energy consumption).
    Recharge - decreased fire speed(=> more energy will restore then will be used).

Advanced mechanizm(Advanced mechs):
    Energy transfer(Sharing energy) - can transfer energy to other mech(in recruit 20 energy for 40(30) energy cost, normal/vet 20/30(25), nm 20/20).
    Energy focus(Focus energy to one of 3 areas) - increasing one area for cost of decreasing other area.
    Shield - increase/decrese shield armor, shield regen, shield capacity.
    Damage - increase/decrease damage value, splash value, range value.
    Regen - increase/decrease energy regen, energy capacity.
    By decreasing 2 areas you can increase 3rd by 2 instead of 1. Possible variations(e. g. + o -, 2+ - -, etc.).

Special mechanizm(Highly advanced/Boss mechs):
    Abbilities

EMP - AoE - rocket(Can affect anyone, caster aswell)/around caster(radius of x gets affected by EMP while caster wont). Drains y value of shields or y value of energy if shields down.
    Turn off - mech cant use energy(cant shoot/use abbilites) for aprx. 2 secs. Serves to avoid EMP affect.
    Electric shock - like restoration but deal damage and stuns for 2 secs(affect enemies only in x radius).

Thunderbolt - chain damage(First 100% damage, 2nd 75%(50%) damage, 3rd 50%(25%) damage, 4th 25%(0%) damage). Enemies must be max 2 range of each one to chain take full effect(Hit 3-4 ppl).

Other mechanizm(All):
    Special traits:
    60% fire resistance
    100% venom resistance
    100% toxic resistance
    Weakness:
    EMP(-x value of shields/energy)
    Short circuit(-y/s value of shields and energy)
    Energy guns(z% chance of causing SC)
    Energy abbilities

Things that can cause SC:
    Tech drone 33% chance
    Special handguns 5% chance
    Energy guns 15% chance(If needed weaker could cause with 10% and stronger with 20%)
    Repulse 20% chance
    Lighting(PO) 25% chance
    X-1 5% chance
    X-1 Overdrive 15% chance
    Plasma 10%

Last things:
    Add EMP grenade item.
    Possible storyline in future - Rise of the machines - Just mech enemies(Or mainly mechs).
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

No, to all of these. Stuns and knockback can be abused, the massive enemies are supposed to block players by design, and I'm not a fan of dodge bonuses.

No. Energy is for skill use only. There will be ways to damage energy, so tying their attacks to it will completely invalidate them, something I don't want.

The Pawns all have something that provides a buff to or supports their larger companions.

Some of these are planned.

I have already accounted for these.

There are already planned methods of applying Short Circuit to enemy units.

No to the EMP Grenade, and there has been a "mech chapter" planned for a while. Several, actually.
  4. Marcus

Marcus Member

Dont use tree-specific models for class-description models. It could be confusing.

Attached Files:

5. Marcus

Marcus Member

Will/Could bosses drop on death some stuff? e. g. Mechs could drop some laser guns. Or just "customisation" armors? In case of mercs guess they could drop various stuff(Weaponized stuff) in any of type(not just bosses)? I would like to see some x% chance of drop stuff from regular zombies aswell tho(Guess they were humans before). Zombies could drop with x% chance medkits, bandages, av, occulars(Just regular stuff). Inf rines could drops guns, ammo, weapon modifications(Weaponized stuff).
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The Assault is the only character in the game that will be able to dual-wield, and that marks him as very different from the others. Considering that this affords him a unique silhouette as well, the wireframe will remain as-is.

Human/Mercenary enemies will drop supplies when they die, along with granting the players unlockables such as new favored weapon options or cosmetics.
  7. Marcus

Marcus Member

Well I see why you want keep it as-is. Nevertheless it will be still confusing for ppl who dont know and they could expect that you can wear 2 guns somehow and somehow fast(tier1, tier2) and not expect that their chance to wear 2 guns is 25%. Guess you wont give rifleman wireframe where is he playing with his robo-dog or?

Guess you wont implement some science progress similar to sc2:wol. Killing zombies gives you bio-research points and killing mechs/mercs gives you data-reaserch points. Each has own tree with hitting certain threshold(Lot of points) gives you opportunity to pick one of 2 permament bonuses. For each higher level you will need more points then for the current(2x,...).
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

There are no plans to do this, no.

No.
  9. nex_

nex_ Member

Could it be possible to have an organised & structured topic unifying information (and linking with appropriote topic. There are too much thing to think about, and I got some cognitive blank trying to give feedbacks on the gameplay, intels is spread everywhere ^^

(I'm very bad at this sort of thing, this is why I ask)
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

You're allowed to make threads of your own, you know.
  11. Marcus

Marcus Member

Some dropped items are dark and small maybe add some colored ring circling under them, some shiny light sparkling of them or put icon banner above them(like when you rank up) to they were better visible.
  12. Marcus

Marcus Member

Could there be some banner feature for marines? For customisation/clan purpose?
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

We are currently focusing on other things, but we will be re-evaluating item visibility in due time.

Define "banner". We were going to be adding backpack-mounted banners/flags at some point, if that's what you're asking for.
  14. Marcus

Marcus Member

Well I was thinking more about like in my first post. Shiny big transparent symbol above marine head where you could turn on/off showing this marking by some button/shortcut. Mounted flags could do but guess it would be too small to visible/noticable unless you lock camera closer(Like in SC2:WoL: Belly of the Beasth) but guesss you will not do this. Though I would suggest lock camera a bit closer anyway.

I would suggest add some turn on/off lock vision button for camera following marine if there is none.
  15. Marcus

Marcus Member

When you die you could have in team ui banner/flag instead of lost video contact.
    When someone leaves and there is noone with 1525+ karma to control leaver in team ui should be lost video contact picture and on hp MIA written and his character should disappear(Though this could be badly used therefore items he has should be dropped).
    When you dies there could be placed some unblockable statue/memorial(Maybe various depending on rank or other stuff).
  16. ozzy

ozzy Member

in the status thing below the armor display a shield armor display would be useful for some hero marines
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Ctrl + Shift + F on a unit to lock your camera to it. We will consider making a customizable unit marker available.

Karma is being removed. Not sure what we're doing about leavers. The concept of gravestones or other similar markers is an interesting one, and we may do something along those lines.

I'm pretty sure there won't be one, but don't quote me on that.
  18. Marcus

Marcus Member

I dont know if this will suffice to you nevertheless all links(topics) that are related to NOTD2 are here:
    http://notdstarcraft.com/forums/notd-2-discussion.85/
    • Ban Hammer Ban Hammer x 1
  19. Xxirhtik

Xxirhtik New Member

Kill yourself Kithrixx. UN1T is a shit clan full of elitists just like the clan you were in before. Nice job 5 starring your own game and looking like a fucking hypocrite in another review.
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
    • Butt Butt x 1
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

10/10 bretty gud

Yeah, I 5-starred NOTD 2 because there were an awful lot of people who 1-starred it because "there's nothing to do" when (at the time) it was just terrain. I'd appreciate it if you pointed out my hypocrisy, I don't really have the time to play the guessing game to figure out what you're talking about.