NOTD 2 SUGGESTION BOX

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by SEEKRIT AGENT OTIS!!!, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SEEKRIT AGENT OTIS!!!
    • Community Leader

SEEKRIT AGENT OTIS!!! SUPPER SEEKRIT!

for all your boxed suggestion needs :cool:
  2. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Oh god.. this again.
  3. Kith is playing, so what?
    I suggest having a speedy game mode (30 minutes) :cool:
    • Rainbow Sticker Rainbow Sticker x 1
  4. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

FRIE IYES CREEEEEEEM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Alright here's an idea I've been toying with since before I left.

Disclaimer: I don't know how NOTD2's campaign intends to work, or how difficulty/scaling will be handled, be it SR based or actual game difficulties (Recruit, Veteran, etc).

Anyways. I had an idea for a number of toggle-able game difficulty modifiers. Similar to the skulls on Halo or the Second Wave options on the old X-Com windows games, if you are familiar.

These options, for which I currently don't have a good name (Mutations?) would provide random and strange buffs to the AI or penalties to the player. They could be applied to any difficulty besides whatever the vanilla public game/beginner difficulty is (for obvious reasons). They would make the game harder in more unique ways than your normal difficulty scaling of spawns, hp, etc. But still within the levels of reason. Now, the purpose of all this. NOTD2 seems to have a much greater emphasis on long term rewards, unlockable content, and customization. This is all great. But, it'll rely on credits, which assuming the haven't changed in the past year, must still be a pain to collect.

So its a gamble. Players can enable Mutations (I'll refer to it as that until I get a better name) to increase the credit, experience, or maybe even medal yields of their campaign. Any "bonus" rewards from Mutations would only be awarded at campaign end, to prevent possible farming (enable every mutation, die half way through game, still make more credits than playing normally). So while they make the game more difficult, they are purely optional and very lucrative.

I'm toying with the idea of letting players disable mutations part way through the game, forfeiting any excess rewards granted by them. Or you could just let people suffer their mistake and remake the game (which is rather tedious). These options would be enabled at the start of the game, after you pick your gamemode/campaign. Players would vote on which modifiers from the list they want, with some kind of checkbox interface. Anything with a simple majority wins and is enabled.

Now, as to the actual Mutations themselves, I'm just tossing out ideas as an example. Feel free to shoot down any or comment your own. I've not bothered to check how difficulty any of these are to implement yet, so anything too difficult or simply to tedious can just be voided out. Some of these may also end up overlapping with existing game mechanics, or proposed NOTD2 ones, so there's also that. Any numbers subject to change.

* Concrete Shoes: Sprint is on 2x normal cooldown length, or increased energy cost.

* Slow and Steady: Remove -0.15 movement speed from all player characters.

* Do You Even Lift?: Item weight tolerance is reduced by half (aka, gear is 50% heavier)

* Power Walker: Removes Sprint completely. (Reward would not stack with Concrete Shoes)

* Weapons Jam: All reloads are now 50% longer.

* Piece of $@%#: All weapon fire rates reduced by 20%.

* Standard Issue: Only common weaponry is available this campaign (ie, no Stinger/Grenade Launcher/Barrett, etc). Rule ignores any plot necessary weapons (like the laser rifles in Easy Co.)

* Poor Logistics: Only 50% ammunition available this campaign.

* Firecrackers: All explosives deal significantly less damage/splash damage/radius (cant decide which).

* Solar Flare: Minimap disabled completely, meaning no pings either.

* General Disarray: Players start with no items and must scavenge early gear.

* Major Malfunction: Players only have 75% their normal energy reserves.

* High Maintenance: Energy Regeneration is disabled when moving. (Might be too hard)

* Alone in the Dark: Flares and other vision aids (scopes, comm links, etc) do not work.

* Fight the Urge: Weapons can only perform their perfect manual reloads (yellow reloads) and automatic reloads.

* Medal of Failure: No Medals may be equipped this game.

* Fission Mailed: All timed objectives only have 75% normal duration.

* Wounded Knee: Ailments cannot be healed by skills/items.

* Medical Emergency: "Less" (or even None) medical supplies spawn this game.

* 28 Days Sooner: All zombies can charge. (Or some other movement advantage)

* Toxic Scourge: Every zombie hit deals an ailment this campaign. (Or chance greatly increased)

* Thick Skinned: Bosses now get an X% reduction to all damage.

* Can't Keep 'Em Down: Zombie hp regeneration is greatly increased.

* Blindspot: Players units receive 2x damage when hit from behind (by zombies).

* Deadliest Game: Friendly fire damage is doubled.

So in summation, all these options would be potentially enabled modifiers on a campaign. They'd make it harder but each would improve awards/earnings in some way. They'd a high risk gamble for those willing to go above and beyond for credits and such. They may themselves be an unlock (ie, mutations are unlocked as players rank up) or unlocked in some other way. There could also potentially be the reverse, modifiers that make the game easier but hurt rewards. Anyways feel free to comment.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Perhaps giving the Recon a suppressor innate for any non-rare/uncommon weapons. I find that if the recon is going to be on recon and what-not with this new stealth system that he should get a new toy. (For perhaps the GPR, M-45, Pistol, or Flamethrower(?).) And possibly a T3 option to ping mercenaries every once and again.

Making light sources that would reveal your position destructible via explosives/shooting. (Or perhaps a side mission to shut off street lights.)

A creepy sound affect when a horde event is triggered.

I also like the idea of toggle-able mutations. Perhaps they can be unlocked per campaign, and you have access to more the higher the difficulty you beat it on? And also have a portion of the players, like 50% for them to be unlocked.
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Remember! No matter how small you feel your suggestion is, it can prove to be important. Even the tiniest suggestions can lead to huge discussions.
  8. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

how about....SPACE MAGIC.
    or riding on your predator into battle
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

I don't have a predator.
  10. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

When Seekrit Agent Otis is randomed, he will only spawn near a toilet/outhouse. No matter the difficulty/squad rating. He is also not revealed by team locator.
  11. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Start off at the Poles for Mars would be a better color choice... Also just started watching Helix. So this just seems a better thought for terrain.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The arctic poles were considered (as you may have seen elsewhere in the NOTD 2 Dev Forum), but ultimately decided against. For NOTD 3? Sure, I'd love to - it opens a lot of avenues, like weather exposure damage and other effects. NOTD 2 being set on a colony has a lot more opportunities for missions, and is a better setting to tie up the various storyline ends.
  13. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

I suggest MASSIVE MASSIVE hold outs, with a set amount of zombies that can appear on screen say 125 or so, with a spawn supply of like 1000. To combat such over whelming waves, supply caches must be found to help augment marine defenses. E.g simple sentry turrets ( which you got to construct say only engy or tech can and once it placed its permanent), temporary barriers, weapons, and so forth. Otherwise with out such aid, marines face the risk of being over run by the waves of infected. As zombies will spawn just as quick as they're killed and the team will eventually run out of eng or ammo..
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

There is already something similar to this planned. It will involve defending civilians.
  15. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Add an option for the campaigns called; "This is how we die."

At certain intervals, the amount of mobs on the field will increase significantly, and receive a random bonus.

(Something like, +1 to armor, 5% increased chance of ailments, etc.)

Edit: The idea is these infested bonuses will stack. (So if they get +1 armor at one point, and then another +1 armor, they now have +2 to their armor.)
  16. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

:D
  17. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Upgraded Medals.

Say A Medalgives the soldier +.015 to their move speed, and is unlocked by being crippled 15 times in a single game. So that's the bonus, until it were to be upgraded. Instead of being crippled 25 times to upgrade it, the requirement to upgrade is something entirely different, but still along the same lines. Now, to upgrade it, the soldier must slow him/herself down by half their move speed with only equipment. This does not include magazines. Now the A Medal, instead of granting .15 move speed, it gives .19 move speed.

Now, propose the B Medal is awarded by killing 1000 zombies in a single game, and grants +1.5 damage to infested targets. To upgrade it, the soldier has to kill 100 massive enemies in a single game, and then grants +3 damage against infested enemies.

And then say the C Medal is to kill 100 mercenaries in a single game. This grants +1.5 damage against non-armored mercenaries. Then kill 50 mercenaries with abilities, and grants +3 against non-armored mercenaries.

etc.

However, upgraded medals will not reveal their requirements.
  18. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

get one. and ride it into battle. but make sure to train it to lvl 11 for blink, cloakign field and rockets^^
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

These were considered, but decided against.
  20. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

When a marine is EMP'd with their night vision on, it will disable their night vision until remedied, either by time or repair from a tech or engineer. Same with flashlight.