NOTD 2 Stats

Discussion in 'Canceled Content' started by Kith, May 24, 2014.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

2. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

There are 6x10=60 total.
    Then you say
    So to get full in all stats i have to rank up once and earn any medal ? Wait a minute, you probably meant in total you can end up having earned max 50 from medals and 10 from ranking up. (?)
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

You earn 1 stat point per rank up/class unlock. You can earn up to 10 stat points this way.
    You earn 1 stat point per medal unlock. You can earn up to 50 stat points this way.

10 + 50 = 60 total.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Good news, everyone! Unspent stat points actually do something now!

For each unspent stat point you have you gain 1% increased Rank Experience, up to 60%. This means that if you choose to forego equipping stat points in an attempt to challenge yourself (or if you just forget), you will gain something from it.
  5. squish

squish Well-Known Member

So. Rank experience is what's saved on the bank? (Not level experience?)
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Yes. Rank Experience involves, well, ranks. There is only one way to modify your Level Experience, which will be revealed later.
  7. Eagle 11

This may have unwanted effects on newbies.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Explain further.
  9. squish

squish Well-Known Member

A lot of newbies don't get the idea that the stats are there, so they may just go unchecked for a while. 10 unused stats may not seem like much, but! It's 10% more experience than you'd otherwise get.
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

That's exactly what I want, though. Besides, the Stat screen will be shown (along with medals) after the player chooses their class, meaning there's little chance they're going to miss that Stats exist.
  11. Eagle 11

Still i wouldnt like if someone would argue with me over why they should actually spend their stat points instead personally grinding faster.
    And should be careful about not ending up further encouraging pooblic speedrun solo-heroing.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

If they do, you can tell them that I personally told them to knock it off. It's not their place to dictate how others play the game unless it directly involves ruining the experiences of others (like teamkilling).

That's going to be a problem no matter what, but I'm not really all that worried about it- many rewards will be unavailable in Recruit.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  13. squish

squish Well-Known Member

What?
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Armors, rank sets, a fair amount of medals, and a handful of other things will not be able to be unlocked by winning Recruit games. I mean, you can still get credits and buy them yourself, but that's not a "reward".

Edit: HAHA OH WOW I DEFINITELY JUST REALIZED WHAT I SAID. No, I meant to say that you can't get most rewards from Recruit. The original post has been edited to reflect that.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  15. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Top lel. Shit happens. Everyone's human. :p