NOTD 2 Q&A: Ask Me Anything Edition

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kith, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

NOTD 2 Q&A: Ask Me Anything Edition
    Because it's about time we had another Q&A thread
    I was talking with some dudes the other day and they were pretty concerned about some features of NOTD that were going to be addressed/upgraded in the sequel, and it occurred to me that a lot has changed since the original design pitch of NOTD 2 and the Kickstarter campaign and yadda yadda.

So!

Ask whatever your little heart desires and I'll serve up an answer.
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I guess I'll ask a sorta-silly one with a slightly more serious one.

What percent of the stuff posted in the NOTD 2 forum is up to date, in terms of what is coming?

On the slightly more serious note, will you make some sort of master listing of whether something is finalized / planned to appear as stated in the Class Discussion?
  3. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

Half-life 3 or notd2 will come out sooner?

On a serious note tho... give changelog, the faster you start to keep one the less painfull it will be. Bnet has map as v1.5 changelog there is at v1.1 and contains a total of 0 info about what is in game by now outside of Commlink work.

Like without booting up game i can't even tell what if at all is in from [​IMG] class forum which has no "implemented" ect tags whatsoever, hell if i didn't go into every thread i would have no clue anything changed.
    'Cloud' changelog you seem to have in form of poping a memo in places that changes did occur is a start but my inner autist desires centralized hub for it. Oh and a list keeping track what of drawing board world has form in code would be sexy also.

Offtoooop (open)

why oh why is uploading images disabled in this subforum
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The only thing I can think of that isn't up to date is the Assault thread, but that's just in terms of the Concentrated Fire/Critical Strike adjustment.

When we hit beta, yes. Right now we're in the midst of implementing things and fixing issues and correcting designs as we go along.

There's way too much iteration and minor tweaks going on right now for detailed changelogs, but I'll see what I can do posting updates to the main map itself when we do make updates. We will start being more diligent about detailed changelogs when things are more stable and when we're closer to beta.

The only classes present in the game right now are the Tier 1 (aka Rifleman, Medic, Assault, Recon, and Demo). We're going to finish implementing the initial designs (which aren't perfect but get the job done for right now), get missions up to speed, add other features (such as the tutorial and the shop), review/update the Tier 1 classes, and then shove the game into beta and start adding Tier 2 classes and additional missions/game modes.

NOTD 2 Discussion has thread tags for Unimplemented, Partially Implemented, and so on. NOTD 2 Class Discussion doesn't have them right now, but I'm sure I can poke Blaqk to make them happen. I'll tag the threads accordingly once they're available.
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Add Flamethrower class or riot!
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

cavs or warriors?
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Good news - it does now.

The Flamethrower is already designed, you nincompoop.

Or.
  8. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

My stuff is due for an update, its just when i get time so look forward to more of commlinks eye candy lol.
  9. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

What, in your opinion, is the most realistic ETA for NOTD 2 to enter beta?

HOW MUCH MONEY FOR COMMIE EYE CANDY??

When will the Gravity Gun become available for civilian use? Why does White Mesa insist on only allowing the military to use something that also has a vast amount of uses in the civilian market?

We are all aware that the members of Easy Company are all heralded as heroes, but what do you have to say about the reports of UGC Black Ops attempting to assassinate Easy Company during their battle with the Zombie Queen? Why have we not heard what Easy Company has had to say on their point of view?
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Assuming everything goes as planned (however Life does enjoy getting in the way), two to three months. The "requirements" for beta are:
    • The Infested spawn system functioning properly (Very close to done)
    • 5 classes (Assault and Demo need bugfixes/tweaking but mostly done)
    • 10 missions (We have the base 5 in place and the Infestor submission working, we'll be updating the base 5 to be less bad and toss in side missions and then that'll be done)
    • Full Custom UI (We're about 50% on this one)
    • Credit/Customization Shop (I don't really have any idea how far we are on this because it's lowest priority)
    Well, assuming that NOTD 2 gets monetized (which I am very strongly hoping it does considering Blizzard said they're going to be focusing on helping custom devs do that), a single Armor Piece (i.e. Head, Torso, Shoulders, Arms, Legs) will cost $1.00, a full Armor Set will net you a piece for free at $4.00, and we'll be offering bundles where the sets are grouped together at $3.50 a piece. I haven't fully hashed out the USD:Credit ratio yet, but right now what I'm looking at is $1 to 2500 Credits.

Keep in mind, the various Eye Candy (armor, camo, UAV models, ect) will be obtainable by those who don't fork over cash. It may take a lot of gameplay effort, but you'll be able to get everything in NOTD 2 without paying a single cent if you so choose.

Microwaves were originally a military thing and were not given to civilians until much later, once the technology was further refined and less likely to kill people. A manipulation device that powerful has an enormous potential for misuse and a large possibility for dangerous side effects, so it's not going public yet.

The UGC has released a statement saying that the conflict resulted from misinterpreted orders and outdated information. Senator Wilkins was going to stand trial for grossly overstepping his bounds and manipulating government resources for the sake of personal gain, but he was assassinated by a survivor of the Apollo Incident with a Rocket Launcher during a press conference. This incident, by the way, is what prompted "overly destructive" weapons such as Rocket Launchers and Grenade Launchers going back to using standard ordinance as opposed to being compatible with UGC Modular Ammunition.
  11. Lefty

Lefty New Member

As much as I love running around and killing shit while playing the objective, how dynamic will boss spawns end up being if you have a stacked team that already knows what they're doing.. and how will the difficulty really scale via amount of players or excessive high ranks that could possibly trigger more spawns? Also since the Noise Threshold comes into play, what exactly are you forcing players to do when they encounter this "horde" of zombies so early in the game?

I feel like movement speed of players can play an important role when it comes to the actual gameplay.. Too much freedom of roaming around the map and soloing can leave me bored by knowing I can outrun everything I come across... That risk factor you feel when playing my favorite survival game kith should influence many players that it is simply too dangerous to roam alone... unless you are a certain class that fits the role to play scout. :)
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Boss spawn locations will be random. They're not very random right now, but the missions are getting overhauled and the 2.0 missions will see much more dynamic variety in terms of bosses.

The game's difficulty plays a major part in what the players will experience, so higher difficulties will play very differently from lower ones (for example, Nightmare has nearly twice as many missions as Recruit). The team's Squad Rating will influence each enemy type in a unique way, granting unique bonuses rather than a blanket increase in health. You can find more details on NOTD 2's difficulty scaling here.

That's entirely up to them. The Noise System is intended to allow the players to tackle the challenges put forth by NOTD 2 as they see fit - they can fight through every enemy they come across for more experience or they can avoid enemies and save their ammunition.

Solo roaming is intended to be "dangerous but possible". Having access to invisibility will surely make it easier, but there's still a significant risk, especially on later difficulties when detectors and other enemies are more common.
  13. zXr.666
    • Donator

zXr.666 Member

Will those whom donated the required amount via kickstarter or other means still be getting their standard custom color and sidearm name as per *promise* and if so, is there an ETA or method on when/how this information will be collected from us?
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

We have not forgotten the Kickstarter backers or the donators from the funding extension. They will be receiving the promised rewards as soon as we can distribute them, i.e., when the shop is in place.