NOTD 2 Infested Bosses

Discussion in 'Missions' started by Kith, Apr 24, 2014.

1. ozzy

ozzy Member

it would take 40 armor to combat the final boss and i do not think any class can maintain that armor continuously
    unless order shock trooper still has righteousness thing and smite
  2. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Is notd2 going to feature tanks, or at least tanks as we have them in this current build of notd? I was under the impression that the addition of jump (or revival of it, depending on whether you played the original warcraft versions) was to support a more mobile style of play, and that tanking would be limited to 'soft tanks'.

Though I do see where this is coming from since you're one of the more prominent tanks of the current notd.
  3. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

Tanks as in class tank types ? or actual tanks! Dunno about classes, but tanks are planned =).
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Yes, there will be tanks. The things that are changing the most are the bosses rather than the tanks themselves - a lot of the bosses are going to have much more powerful armor penetration. Extended facetanking will be much less viable in NOTD 2 than it is now. For instance, Rentodus deals 200 damage with 5 points of reduction per point of armor. Even with 10 armor, that's only 50 points of reduction.
  5. Lyanden

Yes, I am aware. I was referring to playstyle. (I.E. Tank and spank NOTD to "Hit me for a few secs so the team and I can move to a more strategic position" ad infinitum)

So same old, except most bosses become old Athena-ish run and gun. Gotcha
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kinda sorta. Basic enemies (barring slashers) are going to remain "tankable", but bosses are going to splatter you with extreme prejudice. Tougher characters such as the Assault will be able to weather a handful of attacks (possibly more with Medic support), but there will be no situations similar to that of the current Eos fight.
  7. Lyanden

So same old, except mos bosses become old Athena-ish run and gun. Gotcha

Also, realized late that this ozzy is not the ozzy I know. My bad RamsesII
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ozzy

ozzy Member

I am the ozzy that always lags
  9. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

[​IMG]
    Tarion - err something wtf is it'sname? Someone help me,
    [​IMG]
    Tarion - Bloodknight
    [​IMG]
    Final Boss
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Oh shit man that's scary looking at that marine to Rentodus.
  11. ozzy

ozzy Member

will another final boss have a faith ability that damages all marines and stuns them for some time if they are in range
  12. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Please god no, this game is about controlling our characters, don't implement something that takes away our ability to do anything. We had enough of that mistake with huggers, shrieks, and demeter.
  13. ozzy

ozzy Member

and that does make the players control the marine to move out of stun range
  14. Ramses II
    • Donator

Of course, how could I have been so stupid. I must have forgotten that those are avoidable. There's no way I could have been talking about helplessness as a concept rather than practical helplessness if you fail to do something to avoid it.
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

All stuns, slows, and otherwise incapacitating effects will be avoidable. No hug sniping, no unavoidable stuns, ect.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ozzy

ozzy Member

rentodus is very similar to the zealot thing but a lot slower
    is there a giant mechanical final boss
    [​IMG]
    is there a hybrid final boss thing that can not move but only blink
    [​IMG]
    the bosses for this path of the campaign are good but they are not easy to combat because they do more damage
    they seem more like bosses than just taunt and sit there like a potato and the boss will die
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

There will be a mech boss later.
  18. Marcus

Marcus Member

From what i read most boss fights are defensive or normal type. Will there be offensive type boss fights?
    e. g. There would be boss that is going to hatch. He will be in cocoon that can use some abbilies/do dmg(something like hades 1). You will have 30 seconds or minute till he/she hatches. During this time 1. as much dmg u do to cocoon as much boss will be weaker in final form or 2. there will be several mutation roots connected to cocoon. Each root gives unique ability/dmg/mutation to hatched boss. During hatch time u are able to destroy 1-2 roots. So hatched boss can have all his/her mutations or he/she can lack 1-2 of them(this can be random or u can know which root gives which mutation).
  19. nex_

nex_ Member

I don't think a game design around "laser minion / ice minion / profanation / plague" and other crap to avoid because they are there grant something (reference is diablo 3 fail "more skilled thing to do").
    Sprint jump is the basic combo to avoid boss attacks, real attacks
    Triggered shit arent helping, except maybe "enrage" thing that makes senses.
    Making one solution (place in shield) to avoid a boss attack (burn nova) limit the auto-determination. If its jumpring /sprint, its more movement based and its fine.

:cool:
  20. Ramses II
    • Donator

Isn't Sarbus an offensive type boss fight? He doesn't care about attacking you, he primarily damages you in another way. Your job is to kill him as fast as possible before he can do a different objective.