Implemented NOTD 2 Command Card Layout

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Kith, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Despite not being relevant to this thread, vision is not shared by default to increase the amount of teamwork required to complete the game. Additionally, it allows us to put greater stock in skills that grant vision.
  2. ozzy

ozzy Member

if you take off the move command there can be space for sprint jump and sidearm on the primary board
    it is possible to disable ally targeting
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

We have already taken off the "move" command, along with "stop". There is not room because we have included Reload, and because Sidearms are so important, it's either Sprint or Jump.
  4. nex_

nex_ Member

talent tree button really of use ?
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Do you really think it's a good idea to remove the button that allows the player to level their character?
  6. nex_

nex_ Member

Not the button itself, the command card button. You can place it somewhere, else to free an hotkey.
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Actually, that's a really good point.
  8. nex_

nex_ Member

What I must think of all my previous suggestion ><
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

They're not necessarily bad, they just don't fit the game that we're aiming to make. Don't worry about it, you're helping.
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

I could argue otherwise.

Also we can tie dialogue buttons to hotkeys, we just don't know how to translate that to a trigger event. So a talent tree button would be fairly straightforward to create, but a talent tree button with a working keyboard hotkey would not.
  11. nex_

nex_ Member

> ?

Ya I think the hotkey won't be possible on button but as I said, I think it is preferable to have jump & sprint with hotkey and skill with clic, cause the skill tree assignment already need clic.
  12. ozzy

ozzy Member

you can press b to upgrade
  13. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

To expand on nex_ idea.
    You can put talent tree hotkey into marine actions (if someone want's to simply open it to take a look)
    And when you lvl up pop a big red button above inventory saying "Lvl up +1 talent point" or some shit. It disapears after you click it or after you enter talent tree via marine actions.

Diablo 2 pic for reference fotodiablo2expansion-lordofdestruction.jpg

It skips issues that Niteshade lists, as the poping up button doesn't need a hotkey. Just needs to exist.
  14. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

ok already posted in jump vs sprint, but re posting here as same kinda discussion is going on.

Guys your forgetting not all of us played notd and are born with the knowledge of how to open the skill tree. Without a command card button your essentially crippling any new players who will spend the first 30 minutes not even knowing they leveled or how to level up. I still have this problem in notd1 mainly cause playing on ultra -> protoss blue -> the buttons barely register as highlighted at all.

Now what niktos posted was originally in the concept idea for new ui, dunno what happened to it.
  15. nex_

nex_ Member

Heavy class seems pretty advantaged, no hits rating, more ammo carry, and jump more powerfull. Shouldnt it be the opposite for jump ?
  16. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

They are also slow as fuck.
  17. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Base move speed, I am assuming that base stats from NOTD1 to 2 are staying the same, the Marksman only beats out the assault in terms of base move speed and is a light class. (Granted, either Marksman tree is a powerhouse and easily merits such a base move speed, it is still a light weight class.)
  18. ozzy

ozzy Member

subtlety marksman can walk through the shadows fast
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The Assault is the only character that has additional ammo per magazine. By the way, the heavy jump has a lower range. It is not more powerful.
  20. nex_

nex_ Member

Refering to the weight reduction on clip.
    But nvm.