Unimplemented NOTD 2: Ammo Mods

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Kith, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

With weapons getting overhauled, Ammo Mods are getting overhauled too. Keep in mind that you can only have one of these equipped at a time. More will be added in the future, but for now this is what we're working with.

Standard Mods
    These can be applied to all weapons except for the Flamethrower, Laser Rifle, and the various Melee weapons.

Item Name: High Explosive
    Item Description:
    Attacks also deal 5 (+10 vs Light) damage in a 1.5 radius.
    Effect:
    See Description. The additional damage is centered on the main target of the attack. The High Explosive damage has an Armor Reduction of 1.

Item Name: Armor Piercing
    Item Description:
    Increases Weapon Damage by 15%.
    Effect:
    See Description. This also increases splash damage.

Item Name: Flechette Rounds
    Item Description:
    Increases Critical Strike chance by 20%.
    Effect:
    See Description.

Item Name: Expanding Rounds
    Item Description:
    Lowers the Movement Speed of damaged units slightly.
    Effect:
    Non-Massive units have their Movement Speed reduced by 10% for 0.5 seconds. Massive units have their Movement Speed reduced by 5% for 0.5 seconds. This only applies to Weapon Damage.

Item Name: Plasma Core
    Item Description:
    Increases Weapon Damage by 30% but removes splash type.
    Effect:
    See Description. To clarify, this removes ALL Splash Types, be it Penetration or Scattershot or Spray and Pray.

Special Mods
    These mods only apply to certain weapons and provide unique effects.

Item Name: Hecate Module
    Item Description:
    Increases the damage of each Flamethrower projectile by 2 and increases Attack Speed by 15%.
    Effect:
    See Description. Only works on the Flamethrower.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  2. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

I like the look of these more so than others. This will give me a reason to pick them up now, because as it stands, I only pick up Hecate and AP.

Is plasma core going to become a go-to boss killer ammo?

Does TX1 count as a special mod because of its properties, or standard because it "works with most weapons"?
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Hooray.

I dunno, man. You tell me. It's definitely going to be popular among Pistol users, I can tell you that much.

TX-1 has yet to be redesigned. It's definitely losing its Friendly Fire properties because in retrospect that was dumb, but it will most likely be Standard. I'm entertaining the thought of an ammo mod that makes weapons attack twice per shot.