[North America] - YukitakaOni - 1-S2-15097546

Discussion in 'Player Reports' started by JohnyM, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

Pls move to report subforum, for some weird reason i cant manage to get it through:

Region: North America
    Player ID: 1-S2-15097546
    Player name: YukitakaOni

Screens from replay 17-02-2016:
    Mind "PubHero" wins and medals, no WM's (wasted credits), exclusive demo cp's:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, after public call about loosing bank, YukikataOni come back with rather different bank. Mind 2 weapon mods, totally different CP distribution, and sudden medals / game diff wins change:
    ALSO, NEW BANK IS VERY WELL PREPARED THO CAR MEDAL COUNT IS 259 WHILE TOTAL WINS IS 260
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shame... it is active forum member...
  2. stanK

stanK Member

Welcome to the hax-club yuki! Dayum shame...
  3. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

I don't know how to rename threads, but I figured out how to move it.

If I wake up tomorrow to a flame war, I will cry.

edit: I figured out how to rename threads
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. OnceAgain
    • Donator

OnceAgain A perfectly respectable human being.

Yuki didn't hack his bank. I gave that bank to him. It was an old bank of mine. I was unaware it was against the rules but that is no excuse.
    I am not arguing Yuki and I are free of any wrongdoing. I argue will argue that my giving of an old bank was done in good faith and is void of
    the usual negative intent usually associated with altered banks.

>This game is almost dead. It's not being updated despite numerous bugs and I doubt it will be. It's a 5 year old finished game with few devoted players.

Yuki had an account that had 80k + exp that was superior to the bank I gave him. The only difference is the CP. I gave my bank to him because he's a nice guy.
    He lost his bank because his labtop had frame rate issues and he took it to best buy where they formatted it. This wiped out his bank, $150$ and did nothing to help his computer issues.
    Anyways, I gave him this bank because he lost weeks of grinding and the bank I sent him wasn't an upgrade over his old bank. He didn't gain any advantages.

It was against the rules that was written years ago.

Yuki and I broke the rules when I gave him a bank that he did not earn. However, he is not a cheater.

• http://notdstarcraft.com/threads/reporting-procedure-for-cheaters.1361/#post-38011
      • A Cheater is a person who has modified/altered his/her NOTD Bank file information for gain and giving them an edge in NOTD with superior stats from either altering code or using a modified Bank file downloaded from a malicious website.
      • This is seen as an offense for the person did not play for their stats therefore they did not earn it nor do they have any right to it.
      • Also, NOTD is a game with a grind element, gain without play is not allowed.
      • Using false stats leads to poor gameplay as these stats impact the outcome of a game they are in and since they lack the hours of real game-time experience they are not fit to be in possession of such stats.
      • Also, if stats of a person should not add up or there are certain elements displayed that is not possible through normal gameplay it can/should be reported as cheating
    He altered his NOTD bank info but he did not gain any meaningful advantage. As I have stated before, the bank I gave him is inferior to his old bank. He had nearly twice the EXP, more stat and mod points. The only difference is the CP is higher for classes he does not usually play and lower for classes he does play(demolitions). He has played countless hours of this game and the bank I gave him is not disparate of his skill and knowledge of his game.

The rewards for grinding NOTD are significant and hackers who alter their bank maliciously obtain stats they have no merit towards. Yuki is obviously not a player who has played a few hours of the game and decided to use an altered bank with 500k exp, all t3 medals, 20 mod points, and 400 cp in every class. He has played enough hours of pub and NM games to reach 80k experience.
    • 2.) Sharing bankfiles.
    • Sharing bank files is not allowed and under no circumstances is it ever okay. I don't care if you are good friends with that player or if you have been part of this community from the beginning. There are no exceptions to this rules. Either to learn to back up your bankfile or suffer the consequences when your bank file corrupts or is lost.
    It's clearly against the rules and I am not arguing that Yuki and I are clean of any wrongdoing. However, some blame should be directed towards the mods of this site because you did not properly update how to back up bankfires. The link is dead. Obtaining an 80k experience bank legitimate requires an extraordinary amount of playing time and losing the bank permanently due to unfortunate events is severe. Yuki did not know how to back up his file.

Rule #2 suggests to back up bankfires or suffer the consequences when it does not have the proper info on how to do so. This is understandable because this game is outdated. It was released 5 years ago and it is essentially a finished game and the forums reflect this state. The game does not receive updates or bug fixes and the thread for the rules of this game have not been updated in 3 years.

Yuki is one of the few players who participates in nightmare games and he often plays in pub games, hence referring to himself as a pub hero. Unlike me, he participates in recruit games and presumably helps new players which is more than I have done for this game.

"Rules are put into place to prevent chaos and to create order." - line 4 of http://notdstarcraft.com/threads/main-rules-for-playing-notd.1091/

Once again, I am not denying rules have been broken. However, rules are made with intentions. The rules against bank sharing are clearly to prevent people from gaining rewards and stats that is disproportionate to the amount of time they have dedicated to this game. Obviously, anyone who has worked towards rewards of any kind through time spent grinding would be dissatisfied if someone had cheated the system and taken rewards achieved through work and dedication. The rules were clearly written to prevent players who have played little to no hours of NOTD from obtaining stats that must be earned through weeks of playing the game. Otherwise winning games would be meaningless if the rewards could be obtained through illegitimate means. Dedicated and challenge are tied with rewards.

I was the one who suggested Yuki take my old bank. I even offered a 60k EXP bank because I felt it was closer to his old bank. He chose to stay with the 44k EXP bank in the screenshots posted above in the original post.
    Yuki is not entited to my bank. However, through his playing time of this game, he deserves it.

If the person reviewing this post was a robot who decides reports based on whether the rules have been broken then the verdict is clear. Justice demands that Yuki and I are punished. We broke the rules, we suffer the consequences. However, I will assume that the person who is reading this post is a human being. There is no set of rules in this world, including justice systems, which are perfect. They are bodies of ideas that are created by imperfect beings, humans, and as such they will be imperfect themselves. Rules should be guidelines for the person passing judgement.

“Mercy without justice is the mother of dissolution; justice without mercy is cruelty.” - St. Thomas

When I was a little kid in elementary school I used to tattle a lot. Any sign of rule breaking and I would immediately scout the surroundings for an adult. I enjoyed seeing people in trouble. I remember when asked by the teacher if the child guilty of wrongdoing did it on purpose or on accident. I said on accident because I didn't understand the meaning of those words back then. If I understood what she was saying then I would have chosen to say, "on purpose" because it would have increased the likelihood of that child being punished. Eventually, an adult called me a tattletale. I was a tattletale. I didn't care about the rules honestly, I just wanted to see people punished. I didn't give two shits about the meaning behind rules. They were to protect us children back then. I also lied to teachers and adults to minimize punishments towards myself. I wanted to hurt other children by following the rules. In short, I was cruel to other children by following the rules zealously.

If every rule were followed exactly down to the word then the world would be a very sad place.

Rules have been broken but the intention of the rules have not been violated.
    • Butt Butt x 1
  5. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

No worries mate! Ur a donator!
  6. stanK

stanK Member

In situation like this, its probably best if yuki just deletes old lifeless' bank, and starts anew. That's what every single player who lost his XP went though to my knowledge. And the fact that there is no way to restore xp in a game that openly states it has grinding involved is disgusting, totally agree with lifeless point here.

Yuki -- you got anything to say? Or are you waiting for a ban or something?
  7. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Needless to say, Extifer has the final call here as to whether or not one person should receive special treatment because they failed to do what we all vet players should know to do. Back up your bankfile!

I will add that Yuki's recent post on applying their evidence to prove their xp, point etc., to recover their lost bank is a flawed system as people can manipulate their bank files very easily as we see with reoccurring hackers.

8. stanK

stanK Member

Pretty much like everyone else who ever reported a hacker. Cheaters have ego, they think they are "special" cos they got something they weren't supposed to have.

You did it the proper way. Rest is up to wardens, if there are any left.
  9. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Extifer is still around. You may not see it, but I can.

I have detection, so I can see invisible forums and hidden users.
  10. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Whatever happens on StarCraft II chat between users has no place here.
    None of this "he said" "she said" nonsense.

Please provide strict evidence only, rather than clutter it with verbal uselessness which just makes it a harder job for our Wardens to filter through.

You've been warned. Don't make me put you in timeout.
  11. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Locking Thread.

Rules are in place for a reason. Sharing bank-files is not allowed and this is not the place for the discussion as to why.

If you do not know how to back up your bank file and you lose it as a result due to reformatting, getting a new comp, etc. then that is your own problem not mine nor the community. There is a guide below that is accessible to anyone. Backing up your bank file is not quantum physics, and is a very simple process.

http://notdstarcraft.com/threads/foxs-bank-file-backup-restoration-guide.47/

Lastly, do not bring drama into my sub forum. I nor the moderators do not care your in game spats.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.