Night of the Dead II Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kith, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Jan 10th edit:

HELLO FRIENDS. I COME WITH EXCITING NEWS.

NOTD 2'S KICKSTARTER HAS REACHED ITS FUNDING GOAL.

Thank you all so much for your support. We look forward to delivering the best experience we can to you.

All of the features of the upcoming game can be found within that link. As a special Forums bonus, any donations made with a forum account linked to them will also earn the associated forum donation perks with the amount donated to the Kickstarter.

Lock and load, folks! It's about to get crazy.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Thanks for any and all support.
  3. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I'll be making a donation towards the end of this month. As always, NOTD has my support.
  4. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

I'm kinda MIA, but i'll make a donation next month!
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I'll do my part too. Thanks for all the hard work and resourceful in organizing this, Max. A lot of people also contributed to this so thanks to those who helped bring it to life. Once some minor edits to the video is done, Rafael from Blizzard will also help drive additional publicity on StarCraft II website, SC2 Facebook and SC2 Twitter. Another 30 days of hard work for the team and community to make this happen.

Have posted the NOTD 2 Kickstarter link on NOTD Facebook too.
  6. craft
    • Donator

craft Member

Hello, I have a question.

Assuming that i were to buy the 100 dollars kickstarter, which gets to name an npc

would i get these too

or

p.s sorry for lazy copy and paste
  7. Shooz
    • Donator

As I understand how we have it set up and as many kickstarters do. Once you buy something of high value. You get the lower value perks as well. Unless Charles has changed how he is wants to dole out nifty prizes for donations.

As far as the optional part at the bottum. that pretty much means that given your position on the matter. Once naming the chosen NPC or class, you'll have the option to play AS that named character whenever you pick it. Others would see commando whereas you may see "Buzz Lightspear".
  8. craft
    • Donator

craft Member

Yes, i understand that most kickstarters do that too. But that would mean that if i donate 100 dollars, i would name a major chac, a class, an npc, and get all the freebies.

if i were to donate 500 dollars. does that mean i get to name all the major chacs and final boss listed in 100 and 250 dollars? i believe that would not apply in that case.

While i would absolutely love a personal class chac name for my own usage(optional option) and all the random freebies such as class armour, naming further npc classes and class naming would overdo it
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

You would only get to name one.
  10. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

If you read on the sidebar, for all the tiers above $25 you get the sergeant tier + other stuff. Up until $25 it builds like a normal kickstarter and then above $25 you start getting into special prizes with limited numbers of spots, where you essentially pick which thing you want added to the sergeant tier.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Ramses II hit the nail on the head. Once you progress beyond a certain point, you start getting everything from the Sergeant tier, but the new rewards are exclusive to that tier. This is listed in the brief reward breakdown before the dual lines.
  12. craft
    • Donator

craft Member

okay that clarifies alot of things. I pretty much assumed that the sergeant tier meant begin with sergeant rank in game
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Nope. The only way to gain experience from the very beginning is to port over your NOTD bank, which will snag some other fun stuff in the process.
  14. EdAWACSdenyY

EdAWACSdenyY Member

I can't wait to see the creative story-lines and aesthetic qualities in NOTD 2!!! I also hope to see interesting new concepts which can help contribute to the universe of NOTD as well!!!!

Ohhhh I'm soo excited about the storylines!!!!
  15. Alice

Alice New Member

Ed you are such a freaking nerd about the fiction. Anyway, I'd just like to say that along with donating to help the game I fell in love with so many years ago. I have also convinced my sister and my girlfriend to donate a small amount like $5. I will try to convince any willing family or friends to do the same. I believe my gaming happiness is a good cause :D, it's helpful to be adorable.
  16. Shooz
    • Donator

Thank you everyone for the support and generosity thus far.
  17. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Just Donated $100 robo-bannannas to NOTD II Kickstarter :D
    I've got that warm fuzzy feeling inside me... either that or it's gas...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

Thank you from me and the dev team :).
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. I wish to help with something that isn't money is that possible? (i am a poor student :( )

it is the gas robo (although robots dont have it :) )
  20. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Hi unknown soldier, you can help by spreading the word to your friends and others in the community. We're also working on getting Blizzard to feature our NOTD 2 Kickstarter campaign within the next few days. Thanks to everyone who have donated so far. We've had 18 backers and raised $866 so far on our $5,000 goal. Another 25 days to go.