Nicarco's Fan Fiction Thread.

Discussion in 'Universe' started by Nicarco, Feb 6, 2012.

?

What should I do next?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2012.
  1. No one likes these stories stop writing Nic!

17 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

It is awesome in my opinion as well, because I always think a good fan fiction involves the entire community

I'll try your dialogue idea next chapter. Thanks.
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

It is a CYOA (from what he said at the start)

The idea of having Text Responses is actually a Good idea, allows us to see the way of how he intends to decline / accept / do certain things.
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I VOTE FOR SEX OPS
  4. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, Prisoner 247 is a dude, right? I thought Psi Ops is for women-only? Unless I misread the Psi Ops information.
    I'll picked BO as someone said, they're practically unknown, except they follow some lunatic dude.
  5. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

As I remember it's something like 99% of Sex Ops are Female because the females develop more powerful psychic powers for some unknown reason.
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

However, the male 1% is chosen because of their extreme powers, far surpassing that of the female members.

Btw, we have less lore on PO than on BO, so if you want Nic to fill holes for us PO is the way to go.
  7. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

This is indeed correct. As with most organizations, the minority of groups are usually stronger.

either way is fine, I don't have time to write now so you have like 8 more hours to decide. I'm going to talk about both groups (and everything else) either way, and I don't think you should count it as lore unless Ability says so. (It's just a fan fiction)
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

And it's not like Psychic Powers are limited to female only at all. Since the lore on the Black Ops suggested they were Psychic as well, and generally are male. Same deal with Commandos who are developing psychics.
  9. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Black Ops are psychic? Really?
    Oh yeah, Commandos got psychic power. Same with Flamethrower, well to some people's POV with Order tree. Or that's just Power of Faith?
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Who knows? Tech? Faith? Psychic powers? It's kinda like the Warhammer 40k stuff. When I asked people like "... so does faith in the god emperor in and of itself work?" you get answers like "No unless they're Psychic" or "Yes, because the God Emperor is psychic and manifests" and even "Just being faithful alone can pop a miracle off in a Daemon's Ass".

Maybe it's a combination for Flamethrowers, of their suits own technology combined with some latent psychic power that manifests through the faith?

I also believe there is a bit saying all Marines are some untapped psychic talent. Mostly just because it's the fiction explanation for killing Clicklings. Channeling their limited psychic potential to smite them.
  11. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

We do not question His will. We are his servants, and without his sacrifice and unending life we would be nothing. The Emperor's blessing is seen by all his children, and his wrath extended to all his foes. It is not our place to attempt to decipher His Will.
  12. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Well, unless the people who replied and didn't actually vote are actually voting, the Black Ops route wins!!!!

I will post the story in about 20 minutes, and then finish it tonight.[hr]
    Here goes:

"No, I don't think so" Prisoner 247 replied. In his mind, he had undergone an argument that seemed to last a day, but in reality lasted only about 10 seconds. "The Black Ops I know, and either way, it seems like I'm going to join some shady organization. Better them than what you are proposing, at least I will have the law on my side."

"Well, if that is the way you feel... then Congratulations."

The person vanished, and then Prisoner 247 realized that she wasn't actually real. The next moment, a previously hidden door opened and a figure dressed completely in black came out. He was beaming.

"Prisoner 247 is it now?" He asked, smiling "Well, you passed the initiation like I told them you will. You will make a fine addition to our team, I said. They didn't believe me, but now they will"

"S-S-Shoz? What are you doing here?" Prisoner 247's voice sounded normal compared to the surprise he felt. First he expected to be executed, then worse, and now...

"So you do remember me. Remember the White Mesa days? Remember the accident? Well, I don't have too much time for nostalgia at the moment, but we can talk about it all we want later okay?"

"But... But since the incident!"

"Yes, you thought we had all died didn't you? Well that's what the UGC naturally wanted you to think. But at a later time okay? They're already getting suspicious that I've disabled communications this long, and I'm already suspicious since I've been using a projection for the last few weeks!"

"So... So you're part of the Black Ops?"

"No time, no time!" Shoz directed Prisoner 247 towards the door. "Just go down the alley, there's a laboratory at the end of the path where a few more friends from White Mesa work!"

Prisoner 247 walked out the door, taking heed of how the sun suddenly seemed so warm and friendly now that he was among friends again. A banging on the door of the room behind him brought him back to his senses.

"Just go! And the answer to your previous question, is yes!"

Without a second thought, prisoner 247 ran down the alleyway.
  13. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Hmm... I can't tell if people are waiting until the end of the chapter, or just not reading.
    But I'll write all the same. Wait about 1 hour
  14. Arturia

I read; I just do't always post because I find it unnecessary to post after every thing.
  15. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Thanks for telling me anyway :). I suffer from a somewhat bad case of low self-esteem.
  16. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

We need more lore on the Psi-Ops, their presence was never well explained. That and the relationship between them and the Black Ops. Go bug Reaper for more details.
  17. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Like I said, I'm just a fan fiction writer, it is up to ability to decide whether what I write becomes lore or not.

In any case, I'll write a little bit about the connection, though it might be a little bit into the story before it surfaces.
  18. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

New Section!
    It is time to choose once more! (You have until tomorrow)

The distinctive whoosh and ping of a bullet passed by very close behind him. No doubt the civil police had posted guards outside, who had just witnessed what looks like an escape attempt. Prisoner 247 ran faster, using the fences as minimal protection from the bullets, and looking ahead with his psionic sight to identify a safe passage through.

The alleyway twisted between the two buildings, eventually coming to a dead end at the brink of a canal system. He went right, as he heard the garbled thoughts of the civil police down left, and continued running until a door opened in front of him and beckoned him in.

"In here!" A blue clad civilian ushered him into a sparsely decorated living room. Dominating the living room was a large TV, from which displayed the expanded visage of Dr. Green.

"We have received notice that a high security prisoner is on the loose in sector 9 of City 13. Watch out for him civilians, for he is armed, dangerous, and insane. If you see him, report him at once to local civilian police stations. Thank you for your cooperation." His voice is no doubt issuing from every TV and broadcast station in the sector, but the civilians seemed no closer to giving him up.

"Upstairs, you'll find the way forward from there. We're just going to stay behind to stall the police, they will be here any minute!"

"Thank you..." Prisoner 247 realized that he didn't even know the name of his benefactor.

"No time for that now! Now listen, when you get to the lab, tell the guy there that Art is going to clean up the railway, too much heat from the latest prisoner. Go!"

He was ushered up a narrow stair case to the second floor. A civilian on the second floor opened the door for him, and he barely got through as civil police, clad in their protective suits and full face masks, broke in from the other side of the hallway.

"This way." The civilian led him through the room to the window. "Only way to escape now, just don't look down. Oh and before you go, you should at least be armed with something."

He picked up a red crowbar from the ground, and handed it to the prisoner.

"This is all we have, civils confiscated our weapons a week ago. But a great man once used the crowbar to great good, and we hope that you can as well."

He opened the window and prisoner 247 jumped out. The rooftops were sloped slightly less than 45 degrees, but the prisoner's high friction prison shoes easily gripped the surface. He jumped across to the next rooftop, and then seeing that there were no roofs at the end, he broke the window with the crowbar and landed in the building across. The police were there waiting for him.

They carried stun batons, designed for incapacitation, and they wasted no time in hitting him multiple times with them. Soon, prisoner 247 was rendered unconscious.

"Hey man... You awake?"

Shoz's voice woke prisoner 247 up, and he suddenly realized that he was lying on a makeshift bed (it was actually a lab table).

"All right! Guess you didn't have a map of the city on you when you left me a few hours ago. Ended up on the roof of our labs, and the police have been staking out that area for days. But luckily I thought you might have decided on unconventional entrances. Always the dramatic man you were, in our White Mesa days."

"Now now Shoz, the man has just recently recovered from his 'Shock Therapy' as the police like to call it. Give him some time." A man dressed in a lab coat walked over to him. "The name's Dr. Bergmann, I run this laboratory, though the police don't know it."

"It's not the police that you need to worry about, Doc." Shoz said. "It's those Black Ops."

"Wait." Prisoner 247 said. "I thought you said that you were part of the Black Ops!"

"We are," Shoz replied. "But perhaps it will be easier if we took it from the beginning. I've got it somewhere here..."

After some rummaging among the tables, Shoz returned with a small, electronic book market with the words: BO DP.

"I think BO stands for Black Ops, but what does DP stand for?"

"It's an old phrase from about 100 years ago. All we know is that they liked to put the two words on guide books. This is a guide book, so we put the words on here. Part of an encryption system I'll tell you about later. But anyway, this will tell you all about Project Shadow, and the schism in the Black Ops."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Project Shadow

The Black Ops are not the same today as they were when they were first founded. It is believed that the schism, the division within the Black Ops happened with a certain Lt. Koller, the then commander of the Black Ops within Earth's army. One day, he announced that he was giving control of the Black Operations Special Squadrons (BOSS) temporarily in order to better secure the Helium - 3 production. The control of the BOSS was given, but before they could be returned, Lt. Koller was found dead, apparently committing suicide, and the squadrons' new controller became a mysterious UGC officer.

The truth was, Lt. Koller did not commit suicide. What did happen is that we killed him. The takeover of the Black Ops from the government to the UGC was termed Project Shadow. Not the entire Black Ops, mind you, but enough to help the UGC slowly take over the world. The Black Ops may be invisible to the public, but their influence is everywhere. Their ability to psionically alter the minds of the public has made them much more accepting of the propaganda put forth by Dr. Green. Even the death of the Black Ops commander, believed to be orchestrated by the mysterious Psionic Operations Division (POD) of the army, was not enough to slow the spread of Project Shadow. Soon, the shadow from the project spread over the world, and into the minds of the people.
    However, there is one place the totalitarian arm of the UGC does not reach, the moon. Established around 5 years ago, the colony is full of criminals and other such folk, and the UGC has adopted an open policy towards them: they can do whatever they want, but a strong UGC marine force is always there and on board the orbiting Virgil. General Koller, the son of Lt. Koller, has been assigned there, and told to remain there. As the earth's UGC complex has not told him of the changes that have went on because of Operation Shadow, he is oblivious to the state of the Earth at the moment.

Ten years ago, a mysterious event happened at the White Mesa Particle Physics Lab, an accident, or seemingly one. The scientists had been working upon a device known as the Impulse Reactor, a reactor designed to be much more efficient than the modern day fusion ones. Perhaps there really was danger in pursuing the idea, or maybe the UGC just felt threatened that their power base, the fusion material H-3, would become obsolete. Either way, it is believed the massive explosion of the prototype Impulse Reactor was caused in some way by the Black Ops sent there that morning.

Read On...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No time for that now!" Shoz said "We must get going, or more accurately, you must."

"Yes, that is right my friend. " Dr. Bergmann added. "Unfortunately, the police are still following you, and it will only be minutes before they start banging on our door as well. I have outlined for you on that guide two paths from here to the new White Mesa stronghold, but each one has its own risks, and perhaps rewards."

"The first path involves travelling above ground, we have a railroad system designed for smuggling important people out of the city, but because the civilian police, and likely UGC military, are out looking for you, it could be more problematic."

"The second path involves taking the underground, the remnants of an old subway, a transportation system, they used to have. Unfortunately, due to recent radioactive dumping of substances down there to accommodate the new fusion reactors, we have no idea what might be going on down there."

"So, those are the choices huh doc?" Shoz said. "Well, hard to decide, but better decide quick man, I hear the police coming down the street now!"

- "I'll go for the above ground route"

-"I'll go for the underground route"
  19. Arturia

Underground route.
  20. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Wow you read fast... Took me so much longer to write that.
    Anyway, I must warn people, zombies aren't only on apollo.