Next Patch Preview

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blaqk, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

As a followup to the post I made in development news, there will be a total of four patches released this month (barring any hotfixes) before NOTD development is lain to rest. The next patch is 2 of 4. Changes include:

- Updated models for Technician, Commando, Marksman, Rifleman, Forward Observer, and Medic (Blaqk)
    - Confirmed fix for Sec Team crash (Blaqk)
    - Fixed bug that allowed a Recon to cloak Mad Spark (Blaqk)
    - Overhauled enemy classification and armor to be more logical (Blaqk)
    - Minor adjustments to item drops to fit spawn timing (Blaqk)
    - Very minor pathing adjustments in Airlock (Blaqk)
    - Replaced Parasite Hex with a VERY toned down BBQ in Recruit mode (Blaqk)

If I've forgotten a change I'll add it to the list later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. Rock_Lobster

Rock_Lobster New Member

Cool, Blaqk.

But I've got something:

1. Equipment mode. We all know about weapon modes, but what about something similar but for inventory. The person with equipment mode can remove 1 slot from inventory and add it to equipment slot and backwards. I think 1-2 maximum is enough. Sure it's fair and won't disbalance the game.

2. Would you add new ammo mode opposite to fmj ? We have +firerate/-range mode but not +range/-firerate one.

What do u think about it?
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

There aren't going to be any new content updates to NOTD1. NOTD1 is only getting bug fixes, polish, and balance. This has been true for quite some time. That said, you should make your suggestion in the NOTD2 forum section.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

The "toned down" BBQ is a regular ol' Brain Bug with no health regen and movespeed reduced to 2. It's actually less dangerous to new players than the parasites it replaces and is a more natural transition to higher difficulties.
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Patch 3/4 is coming. While there will be at least two additional patches after 4/4, they'll only be minor updates of the long-term weapon overhaul project.

- Synced patch notes version with actual game version (Blaqk)
    - Removed M5 from game (Blaqk)
    - Updated GPR and UA420 (Blaqk)
    - Raised Hit Par for Alpha Company to prevent near-guaranteed rating loss (Blaqk)
    - Fixed Baneling damage (Blaqk)
    - Minor tweak to Assault's taunt to make it less overshadowed by I'm Your Father (Blaqk)
    - Taunt and IYF no longer disappear from command card (Blaqk)
    - Pathing repainted by hand including that one bridge (Kithrixx)
  6. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Patch 4/4

Oh boy will this be a boring one. I'll hammer it out this week. Here's generally what you can expect:

1. New Assault and Black Dog models
    2. Updated SMG and M45
    3. New Pets (If I have the time on this patch)
    4. Tooooooooooon of bugfixes.
    Bugfixes are the priority this patch so pets will be on the backburner until that's done. If by Wednesday I feel that I have fixed as many bugs as I can, then I'll add pets. Otherwise, they'll have to wait for some time.
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Another delay. My work schedule is including a sixth day this week and next (last, too) so it may be some time before I cobble everything together.
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Patch sent to Ability for upload. While my work schedule is still best described as "torturous", I haven't forgotten the promise of a special pet for the 5th anniversary of NOTD. I'll make an announcement on it in the coming weeks. It will be free for all.

-Fixed Devastator damage losing bonus to massive (Blaqk)
    -Hopefully fixed Eos reinforcement AI (Blaqk)
    -Fixed a couple of spots where items could drop but not be retrieved (Blaqk)
    -Updated M45, SMG, HMG, and Barrett per planned updates (Blaqk)
    -Further changes to prevent Metabolic Shutdown and eliminated spooky icon (Blaqk)
    -Removed Corrosive Acid from Devourers outright (Blaqk)
    -Minor pathing updates and removal of an old cheese fix (Blaqk)
    -Mercy rocks added at Armory (Blaqk)
    -Minor QoL changes (Blaqk)

Regarding a few things:

1. I could not recreate Ogilvy's death.
    2. Despite it popping up nearly a year ago, I still have no idea what the real cause of the "full-heal bug" is. It's probably validators, which isn't my thing.
    3. Everything about Devastator's Barrage is right where it should be. No clue why it's not showing up.

Finally, please provide feedback on the current state of Banelings. The current iteration is a comprimise between the old, sluggish and deadly version and the accidental quick and painful version.
  9. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Is that the bug where the medic's heal beam makes the lil' health "+" appear above a player even after its done healing, and makes the really annoying heal sound last for the rest of the game?

If so, that's a blizzard bug. It's directly related to the heal beams of Medics and Skibi's Angels. I've seen it in the WoL and HoTS campaigns, as well as when I play custom games w/ attached mods.... so basically IT'S BLIZZARD'S FAULT!! XD
  10. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

o_O "Mercy" rocks? We talking changes to the current destructible-scrap or did u place destructible scrap-towers in front of the armory or somewhere else in the vicinity?(cuz if so, it's gonna be so awesome. We can break the pillars, boarding up the entrance to the armory, and just sit back and kill shit :D)
  11. stanK

stanK Member

Seen it only one time again after I reported, solo ECNM, about when download appears at epsilon.

To me, low-damage turbo banelings was most fun when bug first occurred. Compromise seems good too though.