New Weapon Ideas

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Soulfire, May 24, 2012.

1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

^Shooz would approve. He'd never stop using it. Addition: User teleports to friendly target.
  2. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

Molotov Cocktailer
    Base Damage: 6
    Armor Reduction: 0
    Attack Speed: 2
    Splash Radius: 3 Width
    Range: 6.5
    Reload: 5
    Equip Time: 2.4
    Weapon Weight: 10
    Targets: Ground Only
    - stacks additional 10% Fire Vulnerability in addition to HE
    - stacks slow roast
    - uses the Molotov cocktail attack sprite

A ramshackle gun is cobbled from stripped down components, utilizing the same ballistic fluid used for flamethrowers, the ammunition is charged and shot directly at its target.

Backstory: used by rioters in the Apollo outbreak. Was frequently used by civilians who lacked proper firearms as means of defense.

===

XV-III Needler
    Base Damage: 12
    Attack Speed: 0.7
    Splash Radius: 0.1
    Range: 8
    Reload: 1
    Equip Time: 0.45
    Weapon Weight: 2.5
    Targets: Air & Ground
    - envenomed rounds deal 1 damage per sec for 10 secs. Max stack 5
    - +20 Vs Biological
    - Critical hits inflict Blindness
    - targets hit by needler are treated as venomed. AV works as usual
    - targets hit by needler bypasses regeneration or other special . This works for even Erobos in his regeneration shell. Regeneration resumes 5 seconds afterwards until target is hit again.

A prototype developed (and dropped) by Dr Tanaka, the gun was used as both means of self defense and experimentation.
  3. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

The Needler is too dam op. It is giving enemies 3 aliments, blindness, venom and the non regen.

To tone it down the blindness will have to go. I think it would just to unbalanced.

Also to tone it down the critical hits should give non-heroic enemies open wounds. Bypassing regen on all enemies is just op. Especially on Erebos as that is his special power.
  4. Zeriathyr

That makes sense, though I was putting it in terms of context for storyline, only causing open wounds would make it good for game balance.

Here is another for the lulz

===

Arc 12 Enforcer, modified
    Base Damage: 30
    Armor Reduction: 0 (ignores armor)
    Attack Speed: 1.2
    Splash Radius: 1
    Range: 8
    Reload: 1
    Equip Time: 0.65
    Weapon Weight: 4.5
    Targets: Air & Ground
    - uses Probe electric attack sprite. Targets struck emit lightning field as splash effect
    - +20 Vs Mechanical units
    - +10 Vs Light units
    - -10 Vs Massive units
    - Critical hits inflict mini-stun of 0.1 seconds
    - targets hit by Enforcer are slowed by 12%
    - targets hit by Enforcer do not revive (Immortals) due to cell degeneration caused by shocks

(inspired by Extifer)
    Aptly named the Enforcer (also Oppressor and sometimes the !@#$ing taze gun) on both Earth and Apollo, the weapon is carried at all times by police to suppress the local populace without killing them by means of non-lethal shocks delivered via electric gel packets.

The gun can also be illegally modified to give not so non-lethal treatment, and has seen action up to this day on both sides of the law. Such is the case of the ones found on Apollo.
  5. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

Realize I been out of sync for months on new weapons n talent development

While I was away, I've been playing L4D2 with my colleagues & thinking what's a zombie game without a chainsaw.

Granted, assault used to have that for their Arms T3 but it was irrelevant cos being arms ur focus should be on guns, not gungho. Ult, the charge was being replaced in proc T2.

Anyway, chainsaw could be a significant upgrade to crowbar with a base DPS of 100, compared to 35. Of course, for balance & reality sake, the chainsaw is powered operated.

Say, it allows 30secs only. After which, the tanker will have to use their MP to recharge the chainsaw to reuse. Since it a chainsaw, it produces loud noise and increase the player aggro level.

What u guys think?
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

A chainsaw will be available in NOTD2, along with a Fusion Cutter.
  7. Zeriathyr

Sci-fi stuff I would suggest hitting zombies with (that I may missed from earlier posts):
    - mono-edged katanas (also recommend installed with vibro-generator)
    - power fist (WH40k, especially NEMESIS DOOMFISTS - just doesn't sound right w/o caps)
    - gravity hammer (Halo? I think)
    - lightsaber (double sided ones too)
    - hyper hammer (gundam)
    - another zombie, and after frequent use, zombie leftover parts
    - wristblades (and smart discs)

Sorry, just saying. Not likely that most of these stuff would go up, but I'd still suggest it for the sake of imagination.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Gonna issue a flat "no" to all of those, for reasons that I hope are evident. If they are not, say so and I will explain.
  9. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

another weapon that is current in use but expensive...

Rail guns...hypervelocity bullets that pierce armour like hot knife through butter...

counterpart to the stinger...whereas stinger deal 300 dps plus splash...

the rail gun fire at a single shot 500 dps, oblierating most enemies. those who survived the shot will be slowed for 3-5 sec due to the high impact of the weapon.

this will be an excellent anti boss weapon such as Athena...etc.
  10. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

There are two weapons that are known to be planned for future implementation, with one that is going to need to be re-purposed, if the NOTD Items page is to be believed.

The Arclite Hecate, a flame thrower, and the Railgun are the only ones I can say will very likely be implemented, or at least planned for.

The Shiva Nuclear Warhead is/was being reviewed to make it have more a purpose rather than to be a random nuclear warhead launcher you happen to have come across.

The NOTD Items page also notes Adrenaline Shots, Cloaking Charges, and TX-1 Ammunition which are also planned for future development along with the Arclite Hecate and Railgun. Because the Shiva is still there, it would likely be making a return in some shape or form.
  11. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I would name this weapon The Law Giver, but due to copy right issues and all that other good stuff, I shall call it The Judgement. This is an idea to throw out there for NOTD 2 since Bob currently kinda "Mehhhh" imho.

Keep in mind too that this can only be implemented if the game size allocation is increased to allow for more content in HOTS. This is a reason why current NOTD had so many of the wonderful music and cut scenes taken out.

Also no one can actually use this weapon but rather it activates if a certain crime has been detected.

Crimes.

1.) Player ID has been banned:

Hammer mode activates and auto kicks the banned player with a message saying, 'Banned player' has been sentenced to death....."Sound clip of Dredd saying"JUDGEMENT TIME" plays"................Banned player has been killed.

2.) Player has been vote kicked by team.

Taser mode activates gives the player a -5 rating and - 5 karma and kicks the vote kicked player with a message saying......'Vote kicked player' has been voted off for their bad behavior......"Sound of Guy screaming from being burned alive plays"........'Vote Kicked player' has left mission control.

Ex. of sound clip

Show Spoiler

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6u-3SfFyeo[/video]

3.) Player has performed a TK and the person who received the tk activates the karma bite.

Penance mode activates "Sound file plays of a guy being beat senselessly" and gives the player who tk'ed - 10 rating, -10 karma, -100xp and automatically activates the save function, -s for that player.

Ex of sound clip

Show Spoiler

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vyipMb9-js[/video]
  12. Zeriathyr

Laser Drill [Rare]

Base Damage: 6/9/18/30 (see below)
    Attack Speed: 0.85
    Splash Radius: 2 Width
    Range: 15
    Reload: 8
    Equip Time: 3
    Weapon Weight: 20
    Targets: Air/Ground
    - Fire damage, HE applies
    - uses the Void Ray/Laser Drill attack sprite
    - target struck is "marked" as it now glows with irradiated inner beauty, allowing sight of the creature beyond normal vision. This lasts for up to 8 seconds once user has broke away from firing current target.
    - Heat-up of laser is at every 6 ammo spent
    - Cool-down of laser is every 2 seconds it is not fired

A portable handheld laser drill for breaking into the crust of the moon, the tool has been re-purposed to dismember even the thickest of carapaces.

As it requires ammo consumption to power up, FMJ ammo and HCM are recommended for dedicated users.

===

Sorry if it sounds unoriginal, but I really like laser drills!
    [hr]
    HS Circular Saw "Razorfist" [Uncommon]

Base Damage: 10 / 50
    Attack Speed: 0.1
    Splash Radius: 2 Width
    Range: 2.25 / 25
    Reload: Nil / 3.4
    Equip Time: 0.3
    Weapon Weight: 5
    Targets: Ground / Air/Ground
    - Hotkey "A" attack command allows user to engage mobs as per Crowbar
    - Right-clicking on target fires the blade in a manner similar to the Monofilament Cartridge. This costs 10 ammo, and can be used to hit aerial targets as well.
    -

A handheld industrial tool for miners, the saw utilizes a heated saw-blade to slice through the smaller rocks for ores.
    The initial model had a defective hydraulic pump that, when ejecting the old blade, will cause the blade to fire forward for some distance. This has only made the saw more popular with the younger miners.

The saw-blade is usually extended by 1 meter away from the gauntlet it is mounted from to give some measure of safety.

However, illegal modification (FMJ mod) puts the saw closer to the hand, allowing for higher rotational ratio. There is little danger in such a modification in itself, except for one case where a miner stopped to scratch his nose.

===

I am randomly inserting technical terms in which I have no idea how it works.
    Please be gentle..
  13. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

Bring back shiva, i guaranteed you see more of this awesome "farting" picture...muhahaha....

[attachment=2012]
  14. Arturia

There hasn't been any discussion on it for a long time. The discussion didn't have a definitive judgement of what would happen to the SHIVA

For Black Ops members, the thread "Shiva Damage and Impact on Boss Fights" on page 3 is where discussion left off.
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

[align=center]'YALL NEED TO READ MY THREADS MORE GOD DAMN OFTEN[/align]

The Shiva IS coming back, in a form that does not require silly code workarounds to make sure whatever abilities do and do not work to buff it into complete stupidity. It also frees up a slot on the command card, allowing for more potential abilities in the future and the re-integration of the Gravity Gun.
  16. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

just a suggestion though, if the new shiva is gonna be similiar to the old one,

it's weird that a nuclear warhead like shiva can be easily shot down. wouldnt it be a huge waste that shiva is designed to be easily destroyed like the stinger?
  17. Arturia

Its weird that the stinger can be shot down perfectly well by infested marines. I'd imagine a rocket would be extremely difficult to hit even if it is thundering towards you.
  18. Zeriathyr

I see a goddess that I worship!
    For her, this dedication..

Excalibur, the Sword of Promised Victory [Legendary]

Base Damage: 20 / 100
    Attack Speed: 0.7
    Splash Radius: 3 Width
    Range: 3 / 100
    Reload: Nil
    Equip Time: 0.1
    Weapon Weight: 25 / 0 (for those of high karma only)

- Hotkey "A" attack command allows user to engage mobs as per Crowbar
    - Combat Knife damage also replaced with Excalibur damage. This is reflected that when the wielder seriously wants the fell creature to die, it WILL
    - Right-clicking on target fires a burst of glorious energy in a manner similar to the Shiva. This consumes all energy. Takes 8 seconds to prepare. If Arturia is doing this, expect her trademark warcry.

Another legendary item is yet to be revealed, but it is openly known as Avalon.
    When these 2 items are paired together, more powers are revealed..
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

IIRC there was a patch that made the SHIVA missile have infinite hitpoints so it could be targeted as a distraction but not actually killed.

But then my memory may be playing tricks on me. Either way, such a game-changing item will not feature a destructable missile. At least, not if I have anything to say about it.
  20. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey New Member

Nail Gun [Uncommon]

Base Damage: 22
    Attack Speed: 0.8
    Splash Radius: 4 Depth
    Range: 10
    Reload: 3.4
    Equip Time: 0.4
    Weapon Weight: 18

- shots have a high chance to slow targets by 30% for 1 second. Critical hits with weapon will cripple target