new update...

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Lolurisk, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

broken as fuck, I shall allow everyone else to elaborate :p
  2. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

WIN! MAYANs were right!
  3. JackBandit

JackBandit Member

It's game over man game over. I can't imagine how all this happened to the game at once or how it's going to be fixed. I will say that I was succesfully hugged one game, but not in the game 5 minutes before.
  4. vexxenon

probably the updated just rolled after that previous game.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Please can you be detailed and specific when listing any issues you encounter with the new version so they can be addressed.

Off-topic jokes and nonspecific "something broke" unfortunately do not help us fix them.

Note that NOTD is a very large map and making small changes can result in something completely unrelated breaking due to SC2 editor issues. (I tried disabling adding AI once and the result was that the loading screen became unclickable and lost all tooltips)
  6. Sicpric

Sicpric New Member

Watch this and it will answer everything. It's only about 15 minutes.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Thanks for the replay but in case something is missed while watching it, a summary of issues would be helpful
  8. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

sic got it probably, in this case it is one of those "you will see the issues when you attempt to play the game"
  9. JackBandit

JackBandit Member

Okay some examples. Pressing "b" or even clicking the talent tree button won't open the talent tree for me or many others. Had to use portraits in order to use talent points. Also the hugger although that might not be a bug. Items floating in dead game space where they can't be reached. I've heard of someone's xp bar disappearing after level 4. When walking down the ramp from the starport cliff my character appeared to be at the same height as the person still on the cliff. This is the extent of what I've personally seen(in a matter of 20minutes or so). I've heard a few others I cannot verify. Some of it is hard to explain.
  10. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

random pillars around seth spawn...
  11. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

randoms are fucked, shows as kia, cant select talents, starts as level 0 etc SHIVA IS BACK HAHA
  12. vexxenon

Ghost,

at this point, it'll be much easier just roll back version 0.61, because EVERYTHING in the game is broken.
  13. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

From my reading the majority of issues occur only if you are NOT player 1?
  14. vexxenon

if your player 1, you're still floating and stuff, items still can't be reached in sopme places
  15. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

I don't think so, this screenshot alone shows at least five problems:
    1. No inventory
    2. Level 0 Pathfinder
    3. Rifleman's skill tree
    4. No starting weapon
    5. No sprint skill

[​IMG]
  16. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

haha me in chat <3
  17. vexxenon

Meg, when you random, that happens to everyone. So random is broken. In fact the entire game is FUBAR.
  18. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Ok a couple things

1) I am currently not at my computer at the moment so I can not play/talk to people/make changes, so unless Ability can resolve issues that have been introduced, then yes, we need to roll back to 0.61

2) Because of the above mentioned issue, should patches be much smaller (changing only 1 or 2 things, maybe 3 or 4) and much more often (like daily)?

3) Also because of #1, it would be more helpful to provide a list of issues that have arisen, and provide a few details.
  19. vexxenon

AP, perhaps provide a change log to latest, that way we can at least test it out in detail and see 1) if the intended fix works 2) if it screwed up anything else.
  20. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden