New Stats ideas!

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Gattu, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Gattu

Gattu Well-Known Member

If you had to make up a new stat what would it be?

Mine would be Discord,

Its abit different from the rest in that you can have it be negative and positive amount of points on it.
    But stat points are spent according to the absolute value of it.

Effects:
    Positive discord
    Marines get:
    -an increase chance to be inflicted with madness
    -boost in their base damag
    -splash
    -cause increasing friendly fire from the splash of your guns.
    Being around teammates or bosses would
    -lower movement speed
    -decrease experience gained from ally kills.
    More points increases effects

Negative discord
    Marines have:
    -lowered base damage
    -gain more exp from ally kills
    Being around teammates will
    -increased vision
    -increased movement speed
    -critical strikes

I can see this stat being too complicated to new players, but I like it.
    It might add a new layer of how notd can be played.
    It promotes both team play and lone wolf play, variety is always better.

Can be unlocked at 10k xp

So what's your opinion on my stat?
    Or if you have a totally awesome stat what would it be?

Attitude:
    -increase exp gain from allies
    -decrease base damage

So my thoughts for this stat is specifically designed for the support classes to benefit most from it. So now we could have a stat system that all roles can benefit instead of currently tanks - str endur primary, while every other class is primarily int
    So tell me why this stat is OP.
  2. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

Id rather see Traits like in Fallout 2 but thats obviously not gonna happen due to various reasons. The stats system was inspired from that game's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. (Str.Per.End.Char.Int.Agi.Luck. with luck missing and Char in form of Karma)
  3. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

This is just my thought but
    Perseverance: Initial point put into stat gives 7% overall damage boost when health is less then 40%. Each point put in after will increase damge boost by 1%.

Just my dumb little idea but to each his own. Besides the coding for this would be annoying probably.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Probably not that annoying. However, it'd be a huuuuuuuuuuuge buff for Opsmandos.
  5. Foehammer
    • Donator

Oh ya, since the weapons proficiency already gives him a 15% increase as is. hmmm.... Could always change to +1 armor if health reaches below 40% and if ail resistance ever gets added, increase ail resistance by 7%. Each additional point adds 1% ail resistance.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I was actually talking about Borrowed Time. He has a reliable way to lose HP without actually putting himself in danger, so he nabs a powerful damage boost and a ton of energy. I mean, 7-15% additional damage isn't so much when compared to the 150% damage of Surgical Strike, but it's still overkill.

The desperation armor would be neat. Useful for tanks, at least.
  7. Foehammer
    • Donator

Another dumb idea :p
    Revenge: unit has 27% chance to return 20 damage if hit. Each point increases chance by 1%
  8. Blaze

Blaze New Member

another idea inspired by how slow marksmen is

Coward: every hit taken(including hits that dont break shields) has a chance to give you a 15% boost in speed starting at 10% chance with each point adding 2%
  9. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

And how long would the speed boost last?
  10. Blaze

Blaze New Member

im thinking 3 seconds
  11. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

*Ahem* COWARDS DIE IN SHAME !!! :p
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Put this on the Demo to get Spiked Armor crits, or on the Assault to trivialize hordes even more.

That would be... exceptionally bad, actually. The entire point of NOTD is "don't get hit", even moreso with the Marksman (who is fragile as fuck). Taking a movespeed bonus that requires you be damaged first (with movespeed being something that is supposed to prevent getting hit) is counter-intuitive. I'd say instead of that, apply a 1 (+0.1 per stat point, for a total of +0.9) second increase in Sprint if an enemy is within a 1 (+0.5 per stat point, for a total of +4.5) radius of the unit. It's immediately something worth considering because of the raw utility that's available if you can kite well enough, and it's also extremely useful for the players that find themselves in bad situations.
  13. Foehammer
    • Donator

im just going to keep posting these until theres nothing left of my pride :p
    reflexes: if unit takes damage, unit has a 7% to increase attack speed by 35% for two seconds. each point increases chance by 1%
  14. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i can already see how an opsmando or arms ass can abuse this
    [hr]
    since my last idea was a miss how about this

battle prowess: Amateur: for ever point of range the enemy gets closer you loss attack damage but gain attack speed im thinking 1% per point for the increase and decrease

battle prowess: Veteran: After a 5 range every point away the target is away from you you lose 1% attack speed and gain 1% attack damage per point
  15. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Commando is too squishy to actually abuse it
  16. Ghostel

Ghostel New Member

Well here is mine two cents of ideas.

Stat:

Nanotech/Protection/Powersuit/*put your name here* - each point adds X to shields and increases by X% shield regen speed. OPTIONAL -> At some point give bonus 1 shield armor. Maybe twice -> first time at 4, second at 9.
  17. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

True, Commando is rather squishy to properly abuse it. However, I think the main issue with the suggestion is that it requires the player to be hit to be in with the chance of gaining the perk. Read what Kith said about the entire point of NOTD is "don't get hit" in his reply to an earlier suggestion.
  18. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Predator:
    Moves 4x% faster toward enemies, moves 2x% slower when moving away from enemies in a range of 6.
    Combat knife deals 12x% increased damage, and has 4x% reduces range and the cool down is reduced by .02x seconds. Combat Knife gains a .25x chance to inflict Open Wounds to a target.
    Crowbar deals +7.5x% damage, and suffers a .025x range reduction.

X represents # of points in the attribute.

tl;dr Very useless attribute that encourages stupidity; maybe useful if you're a tank wielding a crowbar for a little extra damage, but gets you fucked over in the end since you cannot escape easily.
  19. Gattu

Gattu Well-Known Member

I like this idea. As a health tank you can simply stat up endurance and strength but for a shield tank this would compliment it nicely.
  20. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

And silver star becomes easier to get.