New Player's Guide

Discussion in 'Strategy and Tactics' started by Nicarco, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

I think we need one, seeing as the old one linked from the website no longer exists.

I'll make one when I have the time, unless someone else wants to?
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I pray Reaper has a copy somewhere. That was super extensive. I'm also going to clone it to our main website as a backup once Reaper re-creates it.
  3. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

A players guide? I never made such a thing, just the NOTD Information and Basics Thread, unless you are referring to that to in which case I do have a copy. Kind of outdated but it'll be no problem to do touch ups.
  4. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Please do. It'll be stickied.
  5. Reaper

Okay but I just need some more information on what is wanted. Very vague at the moment. What it should and shouldn't cover will also help.
  6. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Post what you have in the black ops board and once it's reviewed and deemed good for current NOTD we'll move it into it's appropriate board.
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Fear not my companions. I downloaded the internets! I'll upload my copy later tonight, I last viewed the thread three weeks ago so it's up to date until then. I'd do it now but Reaper used so damn many pictures that it'll take forever to put them in the right places. >:l
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Google's version: NOTD Information and Basic (WIP) From Jan 28, 2012 10:49:42 GMT

Blaqk, compare them to see if yours is more up-to-date compared to Googles, then post the more up-to-date one (if Possible)

Thanks to YetiSwarm for his Google Cache Idea.

EDIT: No longer valid. 4/16/2012
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

No, Google's is more up-to-date than mine. Roll with it. :)
  10. Arturia

I just looked through it, it seems Bob is still there :O .
  11. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Yeah Reaper's guide still had Bob even after he was removed.

He seriously needed to update it, last update was in September.
    Also, RIP Bob... I'll miss the class that I haven't played yet.
  12. Arturia

With any luck, you'll never play him.

The good thing is Technician Mirrors him a decent amount. I would say Keep bob in there, just add a No Longer Available / Replaced by Technician Sign to it.
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Sad though Nicaro. Bob was fun, and the Tech while functionally doing a lot of things Bob did, is missing some of my favorites.

Humanity Tree:
    Eyeball thing: Replaced by the Drone
    Punch: Not replaced, got Floodlights instead but it's not as satisfying as an ability that does frontal arc AoE damage and knockbacks.
    Anna: Replaced by Weapon Array.
    Redundant Organs: Replaced by Mad Spark, though Organs didn't have annoying noises.
    Super Bob: Not replaced at all. Super Bob grew Bob in size, and allowed him to instantly kill any non-boss by just walking towards them. Also did something like 200 DPS against bosses.

Infestation Tree:
    Health Regen: Replaced by Nanite Aura which is A LOT more powerful, and the ailment immunity is now a standard ability.
    Bite: Not replaced at all. Net is perhaps more useful, but less fun. Damage plus a heal, always good times.
    Burrow: Totally missing. Burrow apparently glitched out, but it gave you increased Regen and most enemies couldn't detect, making it an easy way to get out of near death.
    Little Friends: Crawler Drones are basically the same thing, but better in every single way.
    Full Moon: March of the Machines, with fixed duration instead of a toggle. Also made you grow into a giant and look like a Zombie.

I still miss Super Bob and Punching stuff.
  14. Reaper

Lol, yeah the pictures may be a problem because ImageShack for some unknown reason is very faulty as I cannot log in at all and had to switch to Photobucket.

Updates and minor changes to information go fast, I'll bet getting on it later today. Hopefully I will also be done with it today. I just ask that everyone keep an eye for information that I get wrong.
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

If you need, I'll send you the URLs for all of the images you used.
  16. Reaper

No need for that, got every single image I ever posted on computer neatly organized, just have to upload. I'd prefer to do the upload rather than using the old URL's for wanting everything to be in one and easily accessible place.

EDIT: Also just saw the pictures that have been posted on Facebook, gonna use some of them.