New Items (Coming Soon)

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Arturia, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I just saw this:http://www.notdstarcraft.com/items.htm.

4 Things caught my Eye.

Railgun.
    Arclite Hecate.
    Cloaking Charge.
    Adrenaline Shot.

So I figured I would like to know more about these, and see what we think they each will be.

My Guesses are:
    Cloaking Charge proides a temporary cloak.

Adrenaline Shot is a Stimpack.

Railgun is a Straight Line AoE High-Power Weapon, 5 ammo per shot consumed, and crushes armor (Or the Arclite Hecate Crushes armor, otherwise, both have 0 damage reduction)). Bonus vs massive, armor, range of roughly 15~25.

Arclite Hecate is a High Power Barret-style weapon except with AoE Damage, Probably 5 or 10 ammo per shot used. Possibly Crushes Armor. bonus vs massive, Armored, range of roughly 20~30.

Those are my thoughts, on them, what are yours?
  2. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

u read that page?

i don't know what to say....
  3. Arturia

Well, it was part of Ability's NOTD Changelog Thread, and I got bored so i checked it out.
  4. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

Railgun sounds nice.

Maybe it's a laser. Like an ACTUAL laser beam, not tiny rapid fire missiles.
  5. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Why do I get a feeling that Railgun is a weapon that damages everything in a line, similar to Monofilament Catridge?
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

maybe because... that's what railgun is in every game?
  7. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I actually would like if the Railgun was an artillery piece. Have to "Brace" with it so you can't move while using it, can't Smite and Kite like the Stinger making it it's own thing. Give it the ability to blindshot. Can only attack between range 12 and 30.

But that's just me.
  8. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Arclite hecate is a melee weapon. You heard it here first.
  9. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Find crowbar. Knife Kenny. Retrieve Kenny's liver. Knife 2 infestors. Retrieve 2 Infestor kindkeys. Knife one Brood Mother. Retrieve Brood Mother saliva. Bring all items with you to the hexagon in the Lab. ???. Arclite Hecate!
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Reminds me of Charlie's Kidney. Ah, Alpha Company nostalgia.
  11. Seeky

Seeky New Member

Nope. Arclite Hecate is the name of the flamethrowers' weapon in NOTD: AM. Seeing as Abi takes a lot of inspiration from NOTD: AM.... You get the idea.
  12. Arturia

You mean the metroid?
  13. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

So would this mean that it is actually a flamethrower, but instead of linear splash, a splash like the battle hellion or something?
  14. Seeky

Seeky New Member

Well the WC3 version of flamethrower was that it functioned like a normal gun (shoots air and ground, has damage over time napalm effect, that sort of thing). The Hecate also allows the flamethrower to have a secondary Burst Fire ability. Not too sure on how it'll be on NOTDSC2 though.
  15. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Not the Metroid. Though that was great too. I was thinking of the objective to get Charlie a new kidney. Dunno why it was taken out. Gimmicky perhaps, but fun. I guess because with it being Tanaka now, and how Tanaka is set up, it doesn't make sense for him to help out Charlie/the marines like that.
  16. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Bump.

I like how no official response was ever given. I'm interested.
  17. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

I'd love me some Arclite Hecate. Or even a rail gun.
  18. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Not a priority atm unfortunately.