New Forum Suggestions

Discussion in 'Online Operations' started by MissHumpz, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Its going to have several subforums when I get around to it this weekend I've been too busy with work.
  2. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Remove the ability to create a bug thread as "Confirmed" for normal users (inc Black Ops).

Reason: No bug thread is meant to automatically start as "Confirmed" and since only mods and above have the authority change a person's "unconfirmed" thread to a "confirmed" one, for it to be available to everyone else when creating a thread in the game bugs section serves no purpose.
  3. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

I'm stilling waiting on my gold star D':

Also, is it possible to include, say, idk, a banana in the icon rating bar, with the description "throw a banana".
    Yes, I'm asking if I can throw bananas at people?
    • I'll drink to that! I'll drink to that! x 1
  4. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

Suggestion: Include a list of players who frequent the Easy, Alpha or Sec sub folders respectively.

List may include a short descript on what each person is famous (or infamous for)
  5. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

:oops: Blaqk is it possible to move the "Member's Birthday" out of the Members tab and somewhere more, visible?
    • Rainbow Sticker Rainbow Sticker x 1
  6. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Ought to be. A lot of people still need their birthdays fixed.
  7. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

A lot of people are 44 years old too :p
  8. Can we have something like the IGN below the name? this will solve many things like: ah unknown, are you unknown soldier?
  9. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Since we're phasing out the Mumble server in favor of the TS3 server, I'd suggest removing the forum quick link to Mumble and replacing it with a TS3 one if it exists (it should, I remember being the one making the suggestion for the Mumble one and I only did that because another forum I visited had one for their TS3 server).
  10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I have something more reliable I'm making for TS3. The Mumble doohickey is erratic at best. Instead of an ever-present preview taking up screen real estate, TS3 will be getting its own tab with a preview and information, making it much more user friendly and an easy place to send people to find information on TS3.

You can see the script-only version here:

http://notdstarcraft.com/blaqk/test.html
  11. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Can we get videos embedded in spoiler tags to be normal sized, not thumbnail sized?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I second this, in the old forums we never had this issue. It's really annoying and I always feel like falcon punching my computer every time I see it.

[​IMG]
  13. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Can we fix the issues with picture resizing when we use spoilers or replying?

The image are so small when you post it in a reply or a spoiler that I need a magnifying glass to see the pictures.

Also goes with videos as well.

[​IMG]
  14. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Click them.
  15. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

What about videos though. It would be good if we could have it like the old forums. I'm not a big fan of the re sizing.
  16. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Give Mods full thread creation tools when you split and edit and thread.
  17. Marcus

Marcus Member

Could there be some hidden/private tag when its content would be visible just for staff members and included other non staff members?
  18. CaptainKaos

CaptainKaos Member

can there be a thing where if a person gets 1567 posts they get a star on their picture?:D