New Enemies

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by ProbeGst, Mar 6, 2012.

1. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

saw this at Notd Enemies
    Crawler (Coming Soon)
    Dionysus (Coming Soon)
    Artemis (Coming Soon)
    Coeus (Coming Soon)
    Styx (Coming Soon)
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

I'll give you 2 rep if you can come up with a viable replacement for Clicklings.
  3. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Easy.

Just make it explode on contact, have 100-250 hp, and give it the lowest threat value of any unit, forcing players to click it. You could also increase selection circle size if you wanted to make it easier.

Alternatively, you could make clicklings unselectable, which would prevent their selection info from replacing your character's. This way even if I'm "clicking" them, I dont ever lose control of my own unit. If you need a reference, think of how debris works ingame, selection wise.
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

See my own Clickling thread. That's darn near verbatim what I said.
  5. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

I really like the idea of unselectable clicklings. Helps alot with manual reloads. Hate being a second too late to reselect my character for my reloads.
  6. ProbeGst

change name to mindlings and make them die from single skill like mind blast.
    so medic and other caster can easy kill them.
  7. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Not sure about this but

Do clicklings have the same property that neutral creeps do in most blizz RTS games where multiple selection commands on it (meaning it has to be selected) and consequently "taunting" the unit results in the unit's detonation?

Because if so, it's possible that making the clickling un-selectable will make them not trigger the script to self destruct.

Which will need a new script added to the game altogether. Just saying. Might be more work than we think it is.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Cross-posted from the Black Ops.
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Ha, lol. I guess it is. I musta subconsciously remembered that. Or maybe it's just birds of a feather.
  10. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

You know what would be a cool new enemy. A giant zombie that when killed turns into the normal/smaller zombies that we usually kill in game. Just an idea not really original though.
  11. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Not sure if referring to Titan, or just late to party...
  12. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Well I was thinking it could be the titan considering how cool it would be when it dies that it spawns multiple zombies that surround the squad. However, I don't know how the reaction of the community would be considering how much loathing I've heard already from various community members about how strong the titan already is and adding this would only create a nuisance.
  13. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

What about a cloaked low health zombie that does 0 damage but makes you drop a random item from your inventory (or maybe equipped) onto the ground? :)
    It would have low target priority and be a tiny bit larger than a parasite. :D
    Could call it the Prankster, Pickpocket, or Thief. :p
  14. Annihilate

Annihilate New Member

Do you just want a different mechanic for killing the clicklings, or are you looking for an entirely new unit all together, not similar at all to the suicidal clicklings?
  15. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I'd rather see Invisible hunterling-type things. They jump on you, and are extremely hard to see; and flee when there are 2 or more marines within 12 radius, but rushes rapidly toward lone marines, and Jumps on them, suppressing them and dealing damage over time. (5 true damage)
  16. ProbeGst

clicklings change not to explode but change it into a group of zombies :p
  17. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Clicklings replaced by beastlings :(