New Bug from Chemical Expert?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Extifer, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Okay, So I was in a pub match today playing as the Sub Marksman and there was a player who was able to random a Chem Expert.

Essentially, what occurred about half way through the game was at one point I ended up using shadow step and the chem expert ended up shrinking me while I shadowed step.

What then occurred was that I ended up in a permanent state of being shrunk, which can occur from time to time with chem expert using shrink, but it can be remedied if they re shrink you.

However, when you are in a permanent state of being shrunk as far as I'm aware your're not suppose to have the bonus movement speed still applied to your character. However, that was not the case with my Sub MM because not only was he permanently shrunk, but he also had bonus movement speed as well. I should also note that he was equipped with CMA as well, but when that was taken off, it still made no difference.

Replay attached.
  2. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

RE: New Bug from Chem Technician?

wtf is a chem technician
  3. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

RE: New Bug from Chem Technician?

Chemical Expert, was on medication when I wrote thread
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Was shrink or ss ms permanent or both.
  5. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Shrink was permanent at the moment because the Chem expert wouldn't use shrink on me again so that I could see if I could return to my original size once the effect wore off again.

Shadow step wasn't permanent as far as I was aware. However, while I was in the miniature state I was still moving relatively fast for playing as MM. Also, the strange thing was although I had a CMA equipped, when I took it off, it still made no difference in my movement speed and I was still moving really fast.

There were games before when I played as GS Chem Expert and I used shrinker on myself and ended up being permanently shrunk. However, while I was permanently shrunk, the effect of the increase movement speed wore off. Essentially, the state of being permanently shrunk was fixable by simply casting shrinker on myself once again and waiting for the effect to wear off so I could return to my original size.

However this apparent bug is strange because I had higher movement speed while permanently being shrunk, which has never occurred for me before.

I'm not sure if the cause of this is because of the stacked bonus movement speed that I got from both Shadow Step and Shrinker because it seems likely.