New ACCCESSORY ideas!

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by squish, Sep 26, 2012.

1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

D'okay! I was figuring that since there's a New weapons ideas thread, why not make accessory ideas thread to go along with it? NOTE: THIS IS NOT FOR ARMOR/WEAPONS. ACCESSORIES ONLY. I'll start off!

Taped Magazines: Weight: 2
    Rarity: Same as HCM
    Cost: DOUBLE of HCM
    Purpose: cuts reloads times for every odd reload in half
    PENALTY! Reloads that fall on an even number take the SAME TIME AS NORMAL ONES!

or, you know, if it's too hard to code, just global reload cut by 1/4 of normal time.
  2. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

People already took a dump on this idea when i sugested it as a combat rifle skill instead of moving weap prof.
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Maybe because of the lack of unique idea's that one could think up in this area of the game.

Maybe HE rounds that actually make an explosion would be nice though.

Meh, for the hell of it anyways:

Portable Shield Augmentation Unit (PSAU):
    A powerful Shield augmentation device that draws energy to increase the potency of portable shielding unit.

Decreases Energy regeneration by .2, increases shield armor by 1, 2.5% move speed loss.

Riot Shield equivalent to shielding (because Pathfinder should be allowed to tank Eos with relative ease). Only 1 can be equipped however, due to the risk of overloading the shields.

Close Quarter's Alert Unit (CQAU) :
    Utilizing a complex network of sensors, the CQAU helps to alert the user of incoming attacks, aiding in the successful dodging of attacks.

15% increased dodge chance, -.025 energy regeneration. Does not stack.

Kinetic Energy Capacitors (KEC) :
    By drawing on the suits energy, the KEC increases the range and damage of attacks, at the cost of attack speed.

25% increased Damage, 75% decreased attack speed, +15% increased range, halves energy regeneration.

Stupid idea's all of them, but I'm bored and killing time.
  4. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

Flaregun: As an accessory: When equipped usage of flare item changes,you can throw the flare somewhere instead laying it to your feet.
    Energy Cell: Acessory/Item. When you equip it in accessory and its empty you rightclick on it to charge it,when full used via same method(Or it becomes pot item in your inventory. If it has to become pot then its to be perishable item) Used for giving energy to someone else. This transports 40 energy. Enters a cooldown after usage(both for filling and using).
    iNyan5: Plays nyancat when equipped /jk
    Chainsaw: When equipped replaces your knife. Chainsaw ability is longer duration than knife(almost semi-auto so you dont have to hammer it)
  5. Gattu

Gattu Well-Known Member

The Flare gun makes more sense as a weapon, as how else would you aim the flare. If it was implemented i would imagine it would be similar to l3 attack skill. Also this was suggested in this thread at the bottom http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... 664&page=6
    So you can read why they didn't want to implement it.

Back to the topic of the thread,
    Accessory belt;
    -Takes an accessory slot but gives back 2
    effectively giving +1 slot to the user
    This would probably undermine all the thought and balance with classes and their giving fixed slots, but meh im just theory crafting here
  6. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Hmm maybe an acessory that locks weapons in your inventory, and only in your inventory. E.g stinger, so u won't mislick and accidentally equip it and tked like a third of the team during nm Perse...ALso if you drop weapon it will unlock, locked weapons will have reduce weight, and increase your movement speed.Prob, like a 2 key trigger e.g x then l.

I named it teh Anti-Domo-Stinger-Lock (A.D.S.L)
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The reason that people "took a dump on" the idea is because you were proposing that it be added to the Rifleman while leaving Weapons Prof in Survival - meaning that players would be able to pick up both and therefore be capable of getting some incredibly stupid (potentially instant) reload times.

Anywho.

Waaaay too clusterfucky to code, as far as I'm aware. The 25% reduction on reloads would be easiest to do. I'd actually like to see this, but DPS classes already have a lot going for them in terms of accessories available to them, so I'm not sure it'll happen.

The MS is chump change, but the energy regen is a LOT to ask for just 1 armor.

The Protection Assault: Now with more invulnerability. Could turn out to be extremely useful in a lot of ways.

A net loss in DPS for the sake of ammo conservation. A decent idea, but it'd be balanced at 25% increased damage for 50% decreased attack rate. All of the other stuff on it makes it kinda unusable.

A novel concept, but I'd rather not see the Recon's flares get shit on by making it available as an item (no matter how rare).

A bit too complicated - unfortunately our inventory wouldn't be able to handle that. However, Energy Cells will be available in the not too distant future as a consumable item.

Nyanmarine?

Looking to get that Chainsaw Bayonet, huh? Very useful for a crowbar-wielding tank, that's for sure.

It... really doesn't. You can take one hand off of your weapon to shoot the flare gun and then put it away, just like how you can take one hand off of your weapon to use your knife and then you put it away.

Sooo... you want to child-proof the inventory? What happens when someone picks it up that has no idea what it is and is in a really bad position to have it?
  8. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Portable Time Warper:
    Rarity: Epic 1 Per Storyline, Drops in Chapter 3 or late Chapter 2 ( Or drops in Lab )
    Increases Movement Speed by .2 ( Warp speed of leg plates )
    Attack speed increased by .1 ( Speed of firing )
    Damage lost by armor decreased by 1 ( Speed of Traveling Bullet )
    Energy Regen increased by .001 ( Speed of Suit capacitors )

Only two of these can be active at a time.
  9. Arturia

I'd rather make something underpowered then overpowered. The only worry I had was how it would essentially work when combined with Madness (the concept was a reverse madness as an item).
  10. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

Would be no different than a current reload on survival rifle with HCM. And, you'd have to super mega over level or split tree, which would mean skipping bloodlust (not worth it) or skip traps and repulse (no point in going survival rifle then).
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

In addition to the fact that, y'know, you were leaving Weapons Proficiency in Survival, meaning that the character had two abilities addressing the exact same thing: reload speed. Which is kind of okay if you're doing it in the same tree (redundancy is not always bad, Protection Assault and FA Med are good examples of this), but you were suggesting not only having redundancy in two separate trees (at Tier 2, no less), but replacing Precision Shot to do so.

There are a LOT of reasons why it didn't fly, MS. You made it in a desperate bid to keep Weapon Proficiency in Survival as opposed to something that you thought out and considered the ramifications of to solve a legitimate problem. That's why it was largely ignored/disregarded. The concept on its own is not a bad one, it just really didn't fit where you suggested it.
  12. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Well if some one does pick up an item that they shouldn't have. They would usally report it to the team or ask what it is, OR the team will see that player pick it up. Not a big deal really just this is to prevent misclicks and maybe a small* bonus
  13. Arturia

Its like you guys forgot that with Single player the way it is, you can easily reach T3 by Eggs, and its not too difficult to Reach into the T2 of the second tree before domes.

In any case.

Last Resort Pressure Seal [LRPS]

Applies a passive effect to the user:

If the user takes life damage, the LRPS pushes all nearby enemies in a radius of 2, 2 distance away and stuns them for 2 seconds and slows their move and attack speed by 35% for the next 3 seconds after the stun, on a cooldown of 90 seconds.

5 points of weight.

The purpose is more of an emergency purpose only item that can help to save the user's life if they are somehow getting swarmed. It is more of a safe tool in the event you're out alone for whatever reason.
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

... So it's a shieldbuster fart?
  15. Arturia

Its quiet stunning as well.
  16. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Energy kit. Restores 50 energy over 10 seconds.
    Energy Booster. Restores 20 energy instantly and cures short circuit.
    15 creds.
    25 creds.
  17. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

18. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Supply Request Call (1 use only)
    Rarity: Only in store. Only 1 can be bought
    Abitilies: Just drop it on ground and droppod containing 3-10 ammo will appeared.
    Cost: 10-100

Speed Shield Boost
    Rarity: Super rare
    Abilities: Give plus 10-20 shield, slow energy regen by 0.1. As long as player has shield, his/her movement speed increase by 5 percent (3 stack max) for 2-5 seconds if get hit by enemy

Stimulant (1-3 uses only)
    Rarity: In store only. Only one per game)
    Abilities: Lose 10-50 health, but gain 10-50 attack speed, attack damage, and movement speed.

Invincibility
    Rarity: in store-only
    Abilities: Cause you to die instantly.

Ally-Marker
    Rarity: Rare and in store
    Abiltities: make your location seen on your allies' mini-map for 1 seconds for every 2-5 seconds. Cost 1-5 energy. This is basically automatic team location.
    Cost: 5-500 credits

Superior Grip-and-Scope
    Rarity: super rare and in store
    Abilities: For every 1-10 bullets you fired, you have 1-5 percent chance to deal critical damage. Non-stackable.
  19. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

Defensive shield
    One time use item such as flare
    rare

Creates a bubble the size of a huddled group, with the hardened shield animation. Everyone inside take no damage, shiled have x shield armor and x shield life. To be used in densive situation. Shield goes away once enough dmg is taken. Although with whats currently in the game, this isnt really needed anyway.

Just a thought
  20. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I like it if it means you can nuke yourself.