NA and SEA server question

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by rayjobob, Oct 13, 2012.

1. rayjobob

rayjobob New Member

so im from the NA server and apparetly u can go on this site or st2 and i can register for SEA and i can switch and use either one if i wanted to but i looked and i didnt find anything so is this even true? or do i have to go and buy the SEA version of sc 2 and have both on my comp,
  2. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Only those with SEA accounts can login to the NA servers. I assumed Blizzard only did this because SEA is relatively low populated and were giving them an opportunity to play with more people. Remember the Korea is a separate server entirely (Korean law basically requires it).
  3. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

I still had 2 pay for my NA account. I think people had free access 2 NA server if they bought a copy b4 2011.
  4. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

I got my copy at the start of 2012, so I think you get free access to NA server if you buy a SEA copy of Starcraft.

It's like this... You make an account and you register your copy of Starcraft, then it gives you an option of adding an NA Starcraft key on your account for free.
  5. FerralTech
    • Donator

FerralTech Well-Known Member

The reason is because the SEA community (mainly aussies) whinged about the high pings and latancy to the location of the SEA server hosted in Singapore. Blizzard conceded access to the NA servers after awhile which has better ping for some people
  6. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

i cannot get over that thumbnail FerralTech. it is just....idk
  7. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

So Arch u have a hairy and sunglasses fetish now? Huh? RAWR?
  8. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Sea= NA + Sea
    NA = NA

That's all there is to it.
  9. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

I had to buy myself another copy of SC2 just a month ago and I still was able to access the NA server freely. :)