my pc died

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by ProbeGst, Mar 23, 2013.

1. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

hi,

my pc died and my 28k exp is gone.
    is there any way to recover my lost?
    please

ProbeGst.
    (i already tried fox guide, but my pc bursted into flames.)
  2. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

What is the cause of your pc "dying"? HD related? Graphics blah blah blah?
    If its HD then the answer would b most likely a no, unless stored in a separated device/mail or depends on the damage.
  3. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

stats are saved in a file on your pc, if you cant reach that file there is no way to retrieve your exp.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

If you didn't plan ahead and back up your stuff, there's probably no way to get it back short of yanking the hard drive and sifting through your files.

Alternately, using Vigil.
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Yes, please use Vigil. Also you should occasionally backup your bank file into your email.
  6. ProbeGst

i clear it up, my house was on fire and destroyed the pc
  7. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Obviously you should get an electron microscope to sift through the slag of the hard drive.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Sorry to hear that. Still, not much we can do. We don't generate bank files for people - we already did that once and it turned out to be a complete disaster in multiple ways. Your only hope is if you backed it up previously.
  9. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I'm so sorry to hear that your house had a fire and that your PC was one of the casulties. Personally for me if (knock on wood) my house ever caught on fire. The first thing I would probably grab with me is my PC (laptop).

Also just for everyone else to know, when you guys make back ups to your bank file, please just don't back it up locally. Either send an email to yourself or back up using a USB drive/External Hard Drive.

It really does suck when you lose a bank file with all your stats,xp,weapon mods, and credits that you worked your ass off.
  10. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Should have gotten a thinkpad. Unless your computer was in direct contact with the fire your hard drive should be fine. You should be able to put the hard drive in another computer and recover all your data.
  11. ProbeGst

:/
    brb, i am going to rush nightmare games.