My own fanfic

Discussion in 'Universe' started by Zeriathyr, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

Just some questions.
    If I were to really post up a fanfic..

1. Would you be interested in reading it?

2. Would you want to be part of it?

3. Or want someone (NOTD personnel only) to be featured in it?
  2. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Why not? Give it a shot.
  3. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Can I be a velociraptor?
  4. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

I would definitely read it if you did write one
  5. Zeriathyr

Thanks for the encouragement!

For my part, some sections of the story will differ as (1) I did not manage to play through the Alpha/Sec storyline, (2) I have my own ideas and (3) part of the story is after Easy Company.

So, I will start by writing up on fictional technology first, which may or may not explain the mechanics of the game.

As for Ms Humpz, why not?
    For a more accurate reply:
    http://img5.joyreactor.com/pics/post/sc ... 86485.jpeg
  6. Zeriathyr

Ballistic Fluid

This concept is somewhat similar to the mass relay technology purposed for firing weapons.

Why ammunition is universal is because all clips are largely comprised of the same substance - a ferrous based fluid that conforms to the gun's specs like the size and shape of the ammunition.

The fluid in question packs the punch as any metal slug when fired from the standard gauss rifle via electromagnetic projection, but can be paired with ammunition upgrades (hp, fmj, ap, he), which are upgrades to applied via the gun or directly to the ammo clip.

When attached to each and every gun, a smart chip processes what form and size is required to suit the gun's caliber, hence explaining why standard firearms cost 1 bullet per shot but may cost more when it comes to the shotgun or even stinger.
    The fluid is also charged or altered in some cases to deliver damage differently (like heat in the form of flamethrowers).

Each and every character/marine is capable of holding an indefinite amount of ammunition by means of a "reservoir", at the cost of weight and denisity which will slow down the individual. The limit as to how much can be held is not known at this point.

Magazines held by equipment slots (assuming to be SBOs - Standard Battle Orders) have their weight distributed evenly and does not hinder movement. An ammunition box can be said to be a additional rack for keeping magazines (max 15) as an add-on to the SBO at the expense of one slot (compared to 3 magazines).
  7. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

I took the courtesy of drawing myself for you

[​IMG]
  8. Zeriathyr

Thats a little bit more detail than I thought. The only problem is the clothing. Maybe I can put it to fashion.
  9. Zeriathyr

Regarding MissHumpz request: plausible.
    Gene splicing is one of the futuristic controversial issues addressed in many a story.
    With readily He3, compliance matrixes which subjugates the masses, and an abundance of mad scientists who already do genetic research with zombies, why not?

The only trick issue is that people who are involved/submitted interest will be from Easy/Alpha/Security teams. Where and when you got changed is the question.

Also to all potential interested people/characters, I would require:
    - Backstory
    While Easy/Alpha/Security teams are the default, if there is a good idea I'm game for it.
    Example: One the original characters, a medic named Alisochka from the Easy storyline is serving her sentence for being a kleptomaniac. She pick-pocketed Dr Bergmann in between Chp 2 to 3 in the EC story and got something.. interesting.

More updates later.
  10. Zeriathyr

Mechanics, explanation for Leavers

Many a time the spirit or willpower of people break down, having been exposed to too much horror or stress.

Sometimes, it could be net interference resulting in a Blue screen of Death, from bugged or unpatched programming wired to the cybernetics to the HUD of their visual interface.

Or the Compliance Matrix happened to be on the same frequency as the marine in question.

In the worst case scenario, the flow of psionic field happened to have poured onto one unfortunate spot, pouring all its power into the skull of an individual.

These people are rendered without initiative of their own, offering only token resistance to threats. As though their soul has left their body, these people are termed "leavers".

The good thing, if good at all, is that a person of strong presence or leadership is able to assume command and issue orders to the broken one. Usually, this role belongs to the Forward Observer, but marines of the same profession may be better off ordering the leaver as they are familiar with the same skills.

Leavers are not usually heavily penalized for their sudden lack of participation, as it may not be their fault. But their fate depends on their teammates.
  11. Zeriathyr

[undefined=undefined]Fictional factions to consider for fanfiction[/undefined]

1. Military companies
    - We have quite a couple of these already, but more is always fine
    - Internal strife is possible as with Black Ops

2. Pirates
    - Space piracy seems unlikely due to era of technology

3. Mercenaries
    - Unlikely for space, but as with the Apollo Sec team, possible.
    - Problem is lack of He3 means most other groups will not be as advanced, and are restrained to local areas.

4. Cultists
    - Possible. People can be easily swayed under the right condition, and a scientist with a god complex and access to Compliance Nexuses can easily screw up the locals.

5. Rebels/Survivors
    - Possible. Some will eventually find that picking up the gun themselves is easier than praying and waiting for a miracle.

===

I wonder what did I miss out?
  12. EdAWACSdenyY

EdAWACSdenyY Member

13. Of course I will be interested to read the fan fiction of a good theory crafter like you and it would be an honour if I am included as marksman or tank Assault and piracy is not that away as space is very big (look raynor status in wol campaign)