Most effective weapon on Opsmando against Cerb?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by KatsuraJun, Feb 9, 2012.

1. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

I've always wondered this. Which weapon produces the most damage over time against Cerberus (As in, counting reload times, etc.) I'm looking at M5 Pulse, Pistol, and Flamer mainly.

Also, would the fact that Cerberus is level 3 laser designated change the victor?

Sorry, I'm terrible at DPS calculations, and I'm hoping someone already knows this information.
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Flamer, no contest
  3. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

Gotcha. So it'll still do the most despite the fact that he's not Biological?

Guess I'll keep a flamer on me for Cerb for alpha runs.
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

That's the reason he isn't.
  5. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

iirc, flamer does the most damage against everything it can hit.

Except for IVAX and Seth of course.
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

And X1 Drones from Nazara I do believe.
  7. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

The flamer does no damage to flying so yeah doesn't do a damn thing there!
  8. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Pretty sure flamer is bad against Seth/IVAX compared to most other guns.
  9. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well they're Armored and Massive but not Biological so I think that means they are what, 3 damage per flame? Their hitbox is large enough though that you'll probably get 8 or so of the flames to hit so it's only 24 damage? Even with all 12 that's only 36 per shot. Making the Crowbar strictly better. Shotgun is better, Flamer damage is about equal to HK, pistol, and Pulse Rifle against them I believe, per shot. Which means the Pistol with it's bonus against Heroic wouldn't be a bad choice against Seth.

Pistol? Good? How dare I speak such blasphemy! Everyone knows Pistol is worthless except in Newbie Mode! But with a good NoobCon tanking Seth's Armor into zero or negative armor it's certainly a contender.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Armored Psionic Mech Massive Heroic

Means Gauss, Flamer and M45 would be bad options.
    HK, Barrett, HMG, Pistol, Shotgun, Pulse and even SMG (with Laser designator) would have a field day.
    Not to mention Crowbar of course.
    All attack faster than a flamer too.
  11. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

From what I understand about flamethrower, it does the most damage depending on your position relative to the attack target.
    Due to the multi projectile nature, if you are attacking at the furthest range of the flamethrower, it can deal less damage.

Also, remember that in such a chaotic boss battle, getting close means more danger means you could get killed by cerberus, so it is not necessary the best weapon, even if it has the most dps.
  12. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

That and Alpha Company lacks taunting.
  13. marloelikeswaffles

marloelikeswaffles New Member

HMG or Barret (HMG preferred) with HCM but without -armor. Pistol or SMG with -armor. HK (or pulse) without HCM or -armor. Flamer with taunt. I forget, does HMG gain damage if armor is negative?
  14. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

No it does not. Damage as far as I understand it is straight multiplied by the armor modification, which in HMG case is 0, so no matter what armor it is, HMG will do the same flat damage.

As for helping you determining this matter, we can refer to to my handy dandy DPS CHART

Caveats: This chart only factors in base attack speed/reload and also is per projectile, so it will be wrong for total damage on flamer and shotgun. Flamer can be calculated base on projectiles impacting. Shotgun no one truly understands, so figuring out how many projectiles impact at given ranges must be determined experimentally.

So by examining the chart, with base armor and attack speeds and armor on automatic reload (the Average DPS table), Cerberus is weakest to M5 Pulse Rifle and SMG. If we assume 6x flamers hit Cerberus (rough approximation of his unit model), Flamer will beat out Pulse, but not by much. For Seth/IVAX, because he has psionic in his unit type, Barret then HMG then M5 Pulse are the most effective weapons. Also because of his lack of Biological type, Flamer does AWFUL against him, getting every last -damage mod the Flamer has.

Side Note: At some point or other, I'll write a program in Javascript and have Nite post it on Wiki that will do any and all damage calculations, including every class and Ammo/Weapon modifier. Mid terms are just getting in the way ATM.
  15. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I was trying to figure out whose it was :/
    Can you possibly add in the L3 Grenade Launcher (it isn't included).
  16. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Yes I can, however it will never be accurate given that whatever is printed as attack speed is pure fantasy, you must add variable time of human reaction + latency, since you can NOT auto attack with it at all, it must always be manual click. The only way for this not to happen is to macro the attack, hitting perfect cooldown on attack.
  17. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Although, going back to the original question about an operations commando using a weapon on Cerberus, flamethrower is probably the best weapon:
    Best damage (if close) + adrenaline stacks.
  18. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

You would be correct for the following reason: Adrenaline stack PER PROJECTILE, not PER ATTACK. Consequentially if we assume each attack by flamer has 6 projectiles hit cerberus, your next attack will have +36% attack speed. This leads to a VERY steep exponential build up of the attack speed and thus DPS.
  19. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Just some fyi without adrenaline:

It takes

11.75 s to do 810 damage and reload with pulse
    36.5 s to do 240 damage and reload with one flame on the flamethrower.

So that's 68.9 damage per second vs 6.58 damage per second.

You have to hit 11 times with each flamethrower shot to outdo pulse. You'll also be close enough to knife, further bolstering the dps.

Stick with the pulse.
  20. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

Fair enough.

In fact, even disregarding the fact that the Flamethrower doesn't have a taunt, he still passively stuns his opponents...

I suppose I'll continue sticking to the pulse. Or perhaps, quickly build up adrenaline and then do a weapon switch when reloading.