Missing Maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lyanden, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

So I was laddering with buddies a while back and decided to practice my build orders given my abysmal performance those games in SP (since I'm on the road again and the net I have can't handle bnet2) and noticed that quite a few of my skirmish/melee maps are missing. Anyone know what's going on or how to rectify the situation?

Using Windows7 right now though I do also use a macbook which suffers from the same problem.
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

When you say missing, can you be more specific as to how they are missing?
    All I can say is that I never played ladder till 2 days ago and noticed that I needed to download (was autoamtic but literally every map) even the basic maps to play as they have all undergone changes from the release version.
  3. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Each ladder season, Blizzard reviews which maps to use. Occasionally they remove some maps, and add new ones. Like District 10 for 4v4 was added around season 3 I think.
  4. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

What race?
  5. Lyanden

I play Zerg almost exclusively sir. :)

When you're not connected to the interwebz, you may still play sc2 although only against AI, tutorial or the campaign.

Single Player > Play vs ai > create map

The list given is worlds apart from what you would find when trying to create a multiplayer game since multiplayer gives you all the maps available on Bnet.

Single player only lets you play the 1st/original maps Blizz made for laddering (example metalopolis) and slowly populates that list each time you play new maps,

though not always.

The logic the client uses to choose which maps you played that it will save in your hard drive does not yet make sense to me.

For example, I currently have on my desktop a NOTD SC2 map where the stinger has yet to be implemented and Alpha is yet to have any gas sequence. I cannot fathom why, with all the times I've played the newer patches, the PC won't update this offline map.

This is the reason some players were (for a time) able to get credits out of nowhere. They had a copy of NOTD where one of the many credit bugs exist. It allowed some players to get massive amounts of credits for no effort even after the shop bug was dealt with.

I invite you to give it a try, disconnect your computer from all manner of internet and check out what maps are available to you. Should be interesting to see what versions of NOTD everyone has an offline copy of.

Right now, it no longer adds any maps to my list. In fact, the singleplayer offline lists on each of my computers slowly becoming shorter.

Among which are Kulas Ravine, Metalopolis and Steppes of War
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Yeah. I know, in offline mode hell, I have access to maps I had never even played before.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

In sp you might only have the starter edition maps I think. That's a system they brought in some months ago.

As for old notd map, that's due to name changes therefore old version stopped getting updates as the map name is different. You got the most current version of the old name map.
  8. Lyanden

Kulas Ravine, Metalopolis and Steppes of War are starter edition ones IIRC.

As for the NOTD map, it's already named the same as the current map.
  9. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

No, Lyanden the names have to be different somehow. I myself have 3-4 versions of NOTD in my SP mode. I ended up playing one when battle net was down forever a few weeks ago, and it was one were I had like 400 xp and we had that team tab in the upper right hand corner. I died a horrible death as the mm because everything ran faster than me! It was horrible. Those were the days whem the information from the command -rating meant everything to you.
  10. Lyanden

Well I spent the better half of the day browsing the net on my phone since no one seemed to be able to come up with solutions
    while chilling out in that (supposed) "medical mission" which I'm beginning to feel was just an excuse for the senior drs to go out and have fun on the beach with the younger generation
    and it seems quite a few others are experiencing the same thing.

Blizz's customer support will not help about custom maps missing/not updating on SP but that's fine since what I want is to practice ladderz. A proposed (and tried) remedy was to modify / delete the cache saved on the computers themselves but I chose to avoid the potential problems that could cause and am going for a fresh reinstall.

Thanks sirs.

Unless someone has the same problem/someone has a different solution to post, please send this thread to oblivion. Good day.
  11. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Delete

C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache

And let it rebuild the cache, given this might take a bit to redownload and such.
  12. Lyanden

I'll keep that in mind the next time it happens again. Thanks sir.