Minor tweks suggestions list

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by JohnyM, Feb 21, 2017.

1. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

1) DSM check and NC check for everyone
    2) Possibility of hard -DSM mode with hit from bane = death
    3) Visual ping for apollo civs spawn
    4) Tweaks with shared exp / level up speed:
    - All DPS classes need to get less level up speed with exception of rifle and engy (Mando, Assman, Marksman, Pathfinder)
    - Psi ops should get global shared exp like con do
    - Demolitions should get small increase of shared exp bonus
    5) instead of 4) get global experience where all players share same level - i expect this gonna make "whores" unhappy, but this would drift game to better direction than it currently is
    6) Counter of aliments stacks
    7) Decrease of commando power, prolly by cutting adrenaline by some % to make other DPS classes viable
    8) Decrease of shotgun power, prolly by decreasing it splash DD or primary target DD by about 50% (like real shotty, brenneka or pellets) not it it TRUE GPR ( 8 might make 7 not necessary anymore)
    9) Decrease HE power a lot (give EOS a chance)
    10) Decrease truck trigger time (often it is on only after EOS death)
    11) Comms and leaks available since start, or triggered soon after start, without random element
    12) Comms and leaks in survival
    13) remove of automatic movement upon getting hit when holding fire / reloading
    14) double items prices in shop to reduce its usage (maybe after some exp mark - now i can buy everything i want and still capped on 10k)
    15) Hold positiont key not interrupted by other skills /actions
    16) Hotkey for medkit / better hotkey for bandages / or overall hotkeys for inventory slots.
    17) Manual aiming not disabling "hold fire"
    18) Replace GPR with UA420
    19) Ammo cap @100
    20) Black ops need a separate group, as sharing vision with BT's and Worms is ridiculous
    21) Stinger splash need to happen, even if main target died before contact
    22) Supply station replenish ammo above 5/10 and sting/l3 still wont fire
    23) Ammo boxes merging
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. stanK

stanK Member

I haz a concern: each topic needs a separate thread, or this will turn into a mess.

For example we cant do "18) Replace GRP with UA420", cos blaqk decided newbies need GPR to learn to switch guns.
    But "3) Visual ping for apollo civs spawn" is a much needed change, cos players with no sound don't do civs for this sole reason, its nonsense.

So since everybody will agree with some, and disagree with other points, separate threads would help keep it organized.
  3. Pickles

Pickles New Member

Hey Jm, I'm liking the ideas.

Perhaps pooling your changes into a poll so the community can vote and subsequently organize them hierarchically would help.

I'd like to discuss each of these. Just not all at once.
  4. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

Community on this forum is very small, so i dont see reason for poll. Got an opinion? Type it here. Many of those topics were discussed on discord, but i would like to get some more organised pov's here - from active players and devs who actually do something for NOTD1 (Hi AP).

I think 1, 3, 6, 15, 16, 17, 20 have 100% positive feedback rest might reqire some discussion.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  5. stanK

stanK Member

Lets not turn this into kith style cherry picking, so ill just say i agree with 3, 10, 11, 19, 20.
    I may want to agree with more, but i'm being realistic about things that are possible currently, and have immediate benefit.

For example i want to agree with "6) Counter of aliments stacks" but afaik its impossible to count behaviors in sc2 engine efficiently.
    Or I may want to add "-dsm" command to make kaboomers do 100x times damage, but it benefits too few players since it has no reward.
    Or I want a medkit hotkey, but at same time I know we are out of hotkeys in command card. In fact I suggested it myself a while ago.
  6. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

Added 21, 22, 23.

I dont think making 23 separate topics would be appreciated.
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

And just what is the problem with my style of discussion? :p
  8. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

This doesn't seem like a really fun or interesting addition, just frustrating to deal with.

buff rifleman make fun great again

Because people won't just load a backup bank like they always do. This really doesn't accomplish anything but make using the store a chore instead of discouraging it's use.

they took away m5 and grav gun, leave gpr alone, it did nothing wrong

It doesn't change gameplay at all when it is set at 100, where many classes do not even use 100 magazines over the course of an entire game, or even come close to holding that many. Overall a seemingly inane change. Either set it lower (75/60) and annoy everyone, or just don't bother changing it at all.
  9. stanK

stanK Member

It would affect
    1) rare newbies who get 100+ ammo, and die as a result.
    2) commandos and smms in ac and sec respectively, who load up 100+ ammo not to run out instead of asking for ammo boxes. It would force the team to distribute ammo carrying task, as it should be.
    This change can only happen after ammo box bug is fixed.
  10. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

@Stereo
    DSM mode would be volountary trigger, for those who appreciate it, like NC is now. How it is frustrating for you?
    About 14) you are prolly right right, but i think shop should be somewhat discouraged, idk how.

About 18) SMG is for ghouls and zombies. HK420 is for stalkers, seekers, its okish for ags and zombies, acceptable vs everything else. HMG is decent vs every target, Laser is single targer high dd output with reduced splash. So we have 4 guns with similar purpose buth with "character". What is GPR? It is slightly worse vs ghouls and barely better vs zombies than SMG. True GPR here is HK420 and HMG. HMG is too powerfull, hence my suggestion for HK420. GPR doesnt fulfill any role in the game.

19) Ammo cap - what stanK said.
  11. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

It isn't fun and doesn't add anything. NC removes healing but we have a healer class, so really you're just more dependent on that person. Mega-DSM gives the enemies an unfair advantage, especially Tartarus, Eli, and Beastlings from Dome C and in AC. Losing it on a player by player basis instead of as a squad seems to warrant this less.

what about just remove the ability to buy weapons from it

I rarely see anyone use SMG. That said, I am very aware of how poorly the GPR performs, I just enjoy the troll factor of finding 5 discarded GPRs and putting them in the Demo/Tech/Firebat's inventory.

I also speak from experience with The Rising Dead. A max ammo cap was added in an earlier patch (where there wasn't one, and no punishment for loading up to 200) and I can honestly say that it did nothing to change how the game performs. All it does is annoy scouts who have to drop off the ammo hoard they amass everyone once and again.

I can't see how NOTD will be any different in that regard. If you carry 100 and have 45 in an ammo case, that's enough to be set for an entire game. Between finding your own and asking people (which happens anyway), I cannot see how this would change anything. Noobs still eat up all the ammo they find, or they don't and it sits in their inventory. Commandos and SMMs will load 100 mags and carry a full ammo case, then ask for ammo later. They do it anyway, an ammo cap doesn't change needing to ask for more ammo, just increases the likelihood in a game that it will happen.
  12. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

There are few instances where I load up on more than 100 ammo, and it's usually because people don't pick up ammo when they are supposed to.

1) Sec armory
    2) picking up multiple ammo boxes
    3) really lucky recon

Equipping more than 100 mags is glitched in the UI. I would rather prevent 100 mags than fix the UI glitch. When I'm carrying more than 100 mags, I don't actually want to. I would actually recommend the limit be 97 or higher to use a new mag, so you can never equip more than 99.

Obvious bugs can be fixed (10,11,13,15,17,20,21,22,23) or merged into a bug thread.