Megamoo's Christmas Presents

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by DrCaptain, Mar 25, 2012.

1. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

AP brought the EUR style over to NA, only to have Megamoo buy 7 stingers and other assorted equipment for the team. The transcript on vent was hilarious. Fun game and we did get Navy, DSM, and MoH.
    [attachment=397]
    [attachment=396]
  2. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Yeah, how I got silver and or any other medal is beyond me, game turned into one giant joke a thon, not sure how we won... But it worked. Despite the "presents" from moo, I'd like to thank Ghost and the EUR server players for letting me play with them and showing some of their tactics and why they do them.
  3. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

You Euros play hell of a boring notd. I don't care how savvy it is for getting medals. I'd rather be down in front meeting my enemies head on with my flamethrower.
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

^ This

It also wreaks hell on an active Surveillance Recon who flares for his team.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Maybe AP can show us the NA style too at some point so we can see what we are missing :)

Well played
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Hmm? Euros would actually tax me as a "Flare all the things" Recon, eh?
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Not sure what you mean, but our surv recs do flare all the time except maybe during post ere1 holdout and domes, where flares are less useful.
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Before I realized how boring it was, after the first remake thanks to a hugger troll, I bought an Arc Reactor just to keep the flares flowing.
  9. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

It's a NA thing Ghost. SurvCons are "NoobCons" as several good players have told me. Only good for Supply Station and Armor Melting with LD. They don't really understand or appreciate having Flares on the team. So even if I am flaring for them, they don't bother using it to it's full potential necessarily. Sometimes they do, but most of the time, nope.
  10. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Agreed, flaring is massively unappreciated. Flares allows 3 things IMO

1) Faster Scouting. This should be obvious, but lvl 3 flare covers a HUGE area, a flaring recon can see everything around him in very little time, including things in sight blocked nooks and crannies.

2) Range of weapons. Tons of weapons have longer ranges then an average player sight range. With flare, every weapon from Gauss rifle and above gets used to maximum potential, especially Barret and Stinger.

3) Information. Theres a reason most good SMM never die in any game. Cloak helps, speedhack helps, but really... Having no sight block is far far far more useful, I can NEVER get jumped by anything behind a sight block, around a corner, other side of a bridge. If you can see anything long before it sees you, it's dead.
  11. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Not to mention seeing the infestor in your HBS, flaring and LDing it for the kill even if its inside somewhere.
    And to ensure people can fire at infestor eggs early when they are placed out of sight.
  12. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Ghost, there are a ton of replays of our verison on this forum, and there is even one on YouTube.

Please don't speak for all of us. The noobs are the ones that think flare is useless. Flare not only has a ton of uses, but is also fun to use. The thing I hate most is when I see SS recons getting lvl 3 LD instead of lvl 3 Flare, and then proceeding to never use it, its like all they want to do is sit around doing nothing. SS recon is an active job the entire game, and the good ones should almost never have more than 100 mana with them.
  13. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

I honestly wish Flares cost like 10/15 energy or something, because it's ridiculous how fast they drain your energy :\ Especially before you get HBS so you literally have to flare around every damn corner and up every freaking ledge.
  14. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

They used to cost 40.
  15. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

Good lord. I suppose I should appreciate it then. :|
  16. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

50*

But this was when Marksman had LD, I mean PAINTING TARGET. It was buffed to 40 shortly after supply station replaced Run Forrest.
  17. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Yep. Of course Painting Target on "Sniper" wasn't as bad as the Rambo-encouraging "Problem Child."

I do, however, miss seeing Mira Han every time I pick Marksman.
  18. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

That was the only downside, the removal of Mira Han.
  19. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

History!
  20. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

On the left tree.

[​IMG]