Master of Blades Concept Class

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by squish, Mar 2, 2012.

1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Master of Blades
    Light
    150 HP
    40 Shields
    180 default mana (1 energy gen per second, disabled while channeling energy on toggle abilities)
    2 inventory slots
    no weapons equippable (reason being, 2 blades, using zealot model)
    weapon: dual combat blades, 35 damage, 2 attacks, attack speed of 1.25
    no ammo count
    no useable armor (talents replace)
    (random only, using marksman CP slot)

Left tree
    Singing Blades

Momentum (toggleable, 8/4/2 energy per second)
    each attack performed by Master of Blades increases movespeed by .5/1/2%, attack speed by 1/2/4%, infinite stack, but if
    Master of Blades is out of combat for 5 seconds, all momentum is lost

Spinning swing (20/22/24 cost)
    Master of Blades whirls around, dealing 40/60/80 damage in 1/1.5/2 radius, and for each enemy killed, regain 1/2/4 energy

Honed Blades (passive)
    Increase damage by 2/4 per strike, at level 2, Marine gains 10% chance for every attack on a roll by roll basis to apply
    open wounds on target.

Serrated Edges(Passive)
    For each attack, reduce armor on target by .5/1 for 3 seconds per stack, max of 10 stacks, with a 1% chance to apply open
    wounds on target.

Unbridled Concentration(Toggled)
    -2.5 energy per second, +1 HP/Shield regen per second, double damage of any and all attacks dealt by Master of Blades

Right Tree
    Lifestealing

Locust Blades(toggleable, -.5 energy per second)
    Each attack steals 2/4/6 life from target, and returns it to the Master of Blades

Blades Bound in Blood(toggleable, -.5 energy per second)
    incoming attacks have a 5/10/15% chance to reverse their intended effect, instead healing the Master of Blades

Brothers by Thought(passive aura)
    Allies in 7.5/15 radius gain 30/60% of benefits from the Lifestealing Tree

Armor of Honor(passive)
    Master of Blades gains 3/6 armor, giving allies 1/2 armor in a 4/8 radius)

Nightmarish Blades of Spirit (75 energy cost)
    Master of Blades radiates a psychic aura of pain that harms ALL targets in area, (50% allies), dealing 25 damage per second
    for 10 seconds, and for each enemy killed with either Locust Blades or BBiB active, a pulse of the dying creatures pain
    radiates outwards, dealing 75 damage to each target it impacts, but healing Master of Blades for 60 Health, and applying
    temporary armor for 10 seconds, of +6, and due to the immense pleasure received by this orgasm-like slaughter, Master of
    Blades loses his focus, and goes on a rampage in this area, viciously attacking anything in a 6 radius, with 8 movespeed,
    0.5 attack speed, 45 damage per hit, friendly fire possible in this state, but restricted to this 6 radius area, and allies are ejected from this 6 radius, like a sonic trap, but without the stun
    (place like a nuke, eject allies from area, and go crazy. :p)
  2. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Wat. Lifestealing... More suitable for an mmorpg. Hmmm. I have some advice regarding balancing. Usually if you want to reduce energy cost, you should scale it as evenly as possible. I.e. Momentum -8/-6/-4) also, the effect should scale evenly as well. Ie. +0.5/1/1.5. The greater the energy reduction per skill point, the less your effect should increase.

Interesting concept, but maybe not for NOTD.
  3. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Swordsman/Melee/Warrior classes have been tossed around before. The basic conclusion is always the same. Being melee in NOTD is far to risky, so unless they have tank-like health and outstanding self healing abilities, they can/will get crushed by hordes & bosses. Also, their melee nature generally destroys many of the key balances of the game, ie, the weapon/ammo system. So no matter how good the class, if it's emphasis is melee, its almost certainly not going to work for NOTD.
  4. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Lightsaber mechanic consuming ammo as energy for everytime attacked or w/e? :D
  5. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

A chainsaw weapon that consumes ammo as "fuel" and has to "reload" (replace fuel tank/restart motor/whatever) is honestly the closest I've seen a ammo based melee weapon.
  6. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

this + smg = mass lifestealing
    this vs queen+laser = imba
  7. squish

squish Well-Known Member

this + this class can't use guns.. fixed.[hr]
    momentum is scaled. the energy cost is reduced by 50% of the current level each time you level it up. 8 divided by 2 is 4. 4 divided by 2 is 2. see what i mean? and it's balanced if it uses a percentage as opposed to a fixed increase in attack/move speed.
  8. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Dividing by 2 is lousy scaling. If I add 2 skill points, I save 4 energy. The third skill point only saves me 2 energy, which will make me consider putting only 2 skill points in that skill. I hope you get what I mean. Sometimes, especially with energy costs, its better to just use absolute numbers instead of percentages.
  9. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Kithrixx's Pride and Prejudice in Apollo: A guide to creating classes

I would suggest reading this. It will help you create a Class that can be looked at much more respectably. From what I read, you pretty much just undermined the Inventory System and made it pointless for this character, and created an extremely out-of-place character.

This is what I see.

Skill Tree 1:

Momentum: Hax Adrenaline.

Spinning Swing: Neat idea, it works to remove things off you in the event you get surrounded.

Honed Blades: A % would be better, its just a MMO-style damage Boost though, the Open Wound Chance should be lower then Serrated edge, or be replaced by something else.

Serrated Edge: This should have the Chance to Cause Open Wounds. A serrated edge however, would have difficulty from what I see going through armor etc. The Chance should increase per level.

Unbridled Concentration is March of The Machines minus FF & HP Boost. Nothing wrong with it, I personally thought Weapons Technician Should have a type of March that does High Damage Boost but slows attack speed and forces him to be stationary, like a Siege Mode.

Skill Tree 2:

Locus Blades: Its Really 4 / 8 / 12 HP per attack because he hits twice. Its his tanking enabler.

Blades Bound in Blood: Needs a shorter name, it should still deal the damage to the enemy when healing. Its just an unreliable Sustain, but its powerful.

Brothers By Thought: Confusing; Does this mean they gain the effects & energy drain or whatnot, or does it mean they just gain a passive form of all skills.

Armor of Honor: Assault's Cohesion with Space Steroids.

Nightmarish Blade Spirit: I... What is this supposed to do?

Its useless if it ejects everything from there at the start, resulting in no damage being dealt. It looks like a Psi Storm + Shadow.Geminus from SotIS's Ultimate + Extremely Karma-bite proof TK + TK even though its TK-Proofed.

Makes no god damn sense what so ever.

A Hybrid Is the best option here. Momentum + Locust Blade + Blades Bound in Blood = HAX HP healing. 75 seconds of Godmode at your request.

From how I look at it: Its heavily unbalanced. You may justify it as Risk Vs Reward, but that would just be a crude excuse because of just how simple a hybrid could dominate harder then anything NOTD has. It has no Lore-Possible way to even Make it even remotely relevant. Also belongs Here. No reason to send a person with a Katana / Scythe / Sword in when its been proven by history that Guns > Sword / Shields / Melee Weaponry General. Its way to out-of-place here.
  10. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

I love the description for Nightmarish Blade Spirit. The immense pleasure from orgasm-like slaughter is probably the best part.

I can just imagine him moaning like the rofl using bloodlust.
  11. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

i know what to do ....8 of these. what will happen?
  12. ZeroSnow

ZeroSnow New Member

Lol I remember I made a Dark Templar class and it got flamed soooo hard