Mass effect ending - fan fiction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ability, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I should probably get around to playing that game one of these days. Still surprised at as much rage as I've heard over the ending. From what everyone's been telling me the rage is all directly aimed at a commonly used framing device.
  3. Emperor

Emperor New Member

It's not that it was framed, it was just terrible (thematically and logically). I could go at length on why, but just take my word for it.

I'll point out one thing though, the plot for ME3 and Homeworld 2 are basically the same thing. Play Homeworld 2 instead, it has the better ending.

At the same time, I won't lie. That game is brilliant until literally, the last 10 minutes.
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4[/video]
  5. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Least that guy makes some sense. And I can see why he'd be legitimately upset. Everyone else I talked to the issue was "The ending is just some story by some ancestor of the Shepherd and that is totally lame!"

Which is why I didn't understand it. Having some future persona relating the epilogue is a common storytelling device.

Plus side, it sounds like no matter what ending they got they closed the book on that trilogy. You aren't going to get up to Mass Effect 9 or something.

Unless they cheat the mythology like they did for Terminator 3.
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

They left it ambiguous enough if they need more money, they can retcon it enough to not screw with the continuity. Ie, explain wtf happens to the Normandy in their own wtf-spin off. My guess is they just use this entire ordeal as a catalyst to make lots of "what ifs" or "real ending Pro+" endgame dlcs.
  7. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

Retcon.... I will forever hate that word. It reminds of that fuck who wrote a couple of codices..

That said. I'm only buying ME3 when its 5 or 10 bucks at the black friday or christmas sales. Ammo is getting more expensive these days.

Hopefully the game will be all ironed out by then with some ending adjustments. (yes and before you ME neckbeards start raging, I know the endings. I looked em up when this controversy heated the hell up)
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Yup any WH40k fan dreads that word like no tomorrow.