Managing Influx from Bank Update

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaqk, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Did this a couple of hours ago but logging it anyway.

Posted announcement addressing bank upgrade with link to Ability's thread. I expect an influx of players with questions and complaints so I want to keep the questions isolated to the thread and not all over NOTD Discussion. This is a critical and risky update and how the issues, questions, and nizbiz are handled will either make NOTD and Blueberry look good or abhorrent.

The day is half over and we already have 11 new accounts, 8 new threads, and this makes 113 new posts. That's more posts and threads than an average Saturday and more new users than a typical week.

Moderators be on high alert for bad apples and Black Ops be sure to be community leaders and give help where needed. Let's make the forum one less thing for Ability to worry about.

I'm on my lunch break at work typing this on my phone so my time and capabilities are limited. If something needs my attention please email me or have Ability call so I can react quicker.
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks Blaqk.
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

I've always got your back. <3

By which I mean I'll hide behind your back during boss fights.

Here's what I was talking about. The attached image shows that today was a boom in registration. The fact that something as simple as a bank file update caused such a surge gives me some ideas to help swell the community.

Also Ability, random question. Am I supposed to be super ninja outside of BO? Looking back, it even confuses me as to why what appears to be a random Black Ops member is going around fixing stuff, much less the general public.
  4. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

To them, it'll be one of those mysteries in life.

Yea, that's a good spike in registrations. Challenge is to keep them active. The registrations today are more quantity vs quality.
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Correct. I also saw a couple that looked spammish. I'll keep an eye on them.
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Just set Blaqky Chan to "Website Overseer" or some other fun title. Then he can change his name color as he sees fit.
  7. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Like Black. Maybe. heh

But I like this news. Thanks good sir and keep up the ninja-ing!
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Blaqk, when you've got access to the forum again we can turn off the Bank file announcement at the top.