Looking for group

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Zeriathyr, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

Before my mind degrades into some kind of newborn internet troll, I would like to ask up front:

Is there anyone who is willing to guide me on Apollo Sec and Survival?

I would really appreciate an honest yes or no. Not some sudden random invite which ends up with a bunch of people going noobnoobnoobNOOOOB before (1)throwing me out of lobby or after (2)starting the game then realizing it with my WHATSGOINGONAUGHLAUGBLARGHH death throes.

On the same note. I will gladly bring a bunch of new players on an ec game walk-through. Just ask, and I'll sit through that 1 to 2 hours to do so.
    - Pauses required from time to time.
    - Paying attention helps.

Thank you.
  2. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Sure why not?
    Im surprised it's a problem that you had to make a post on forums.
    If you see me online on EU/NA just pm. People are usually willing to teach people that listen, so unless you have a reputation on non listener I find it weird its a problem to find a game ;)
  3. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Just make sure you take non vital roles for the story line, then pretty much all you have to do is staying alive. It can help to read the wiki before hand so you have a basic idea of what is comming even if you dont know the way/tactics you would atleast know whats happening. But you can always ask questions, most people are fine with answering then. If you dont ask though most will assume you know what to do and get angry if something goes wrong because of it.
  4. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

@Scorpione: Thanks, I'll message you when I go onto Sc2

@HipHop: Thats the problem. They assumed I know what to do even when I said I never did survival. One or two even suggested ac before the host started anyways.
  5. Scorpione

In both surv and sec you can pick recon. It doesn't have a special role. N it also helps the team. Also it allows you to see and study what the other classes do in the mean time.
  6. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

For surv and sec, probably better for him to pick crofl, less searching with reaper = less troll deaths. Unless he plays that role well.

For sec, there are different builds, the one that AP came up with works well for people that are accustomed to specific task. Generally, crofl will stay with the group, so it's a good starting unit for sec b nm. If everything goes well, he pretty much can be carried giving that he knows the basic game mechanics. Typically for sec, the vital roles are po, tech, rest are just dps and scouting.

In terms of bring in new players for surv or sec, its been done before, so that is not a problem. Most group have a specific ways of doing things, probably a good idea to follow instructions, also probably a good idea to read each chapter on wiki before actually play.

Oh, the games I've mentioned are nm, so hopefully you've already played enough ac nm to know the basic differences between vet and nm.
  7. Scorpione

PO vital? I could argue about that all day long :)
    Yes rifle would also be good, however if dps he would need to know what weapon to use for which boss, and no rolling on hmg isn't your all purpose weapon.
    He can scout with reaper during domes. Not really needed that much. Scouting in sec is usually covered. Ofcourse all depends on team. Mostly recs go hybrid for escape to help at hades cover people. It really doesn't matter much.
    For surv any class can be played. However you should avoid: (na style) pf, po, tech. (Eu style) tech
  8. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

PF, PO and Tech are very common required classes for NA, especially Tech. So I do recommend becoming familiar with such classes in NA, keep in mind thou that different regions have different strategies and class requirements for each story line thou.

Also sweetie, feel free to contact anyone from Clan Prestige as we are always open to teaching new players. :)
  9. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

Same goes for me. im on all 4 servers (Rawrgasm on SEA, LethalLunacy on KA, forum name on NA/EU) pm me and i try to find some players that are willing to either teach with me or to learn.
  10. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

You shouldnt do so while you have to learn the storyline too though.