Loading screen

Discussion in 'Online Operations' started by Querth, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Querth

Querth New Member

In the loading screen it says mining starts year 2068, and then 2102 it has gone 36 years without any incidents. Shouldn't it have passed 34 years? :p
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

This has been brought up numerous times and each time Ability assures us all "somehow" the math is correct.
  3. Querth

Querth New Member

Ah sorry for thread then! Just made account here have been seeing the loadscreen a few times just thought I should ask :)
  4. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

The years were calculated in another math besides from base10 obviously.
  5. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

The only way I can figure it out is there is a 2 year survey/building period before mining actually starts.
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Oh I think it was worker riots or something. I think it was in the backstory thread on the first forum.
  7. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well I remember there was some large scale riot on the Mars Colony, where guys with shivs managed to take over because they only had Compliance Nexuses for Law and Order, no marines, no robots, no homicidal AIs.
  8. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

9. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Hmm... You would have thought that riots are classified as "incidents".

My explanation is that a freak temporal wormhole opened up that caused the world to go back two years, but I guess the math is right somehow.
  10. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I think its being looked at from the wrong perspective. Mining Started that year. Construction must have started before Mining started. During the last two years prior to mining, no problems occurred. 2 Years Prior to the start of mining, no Space-ships / equipment malfunctioned severely and caused huge problems (no Crashes, work-related deaths from equipment [Disease may be included, not sure though]).

Its not like Suddenly the Mining Colony and everything was there instantaneously. Some work must have been done prior to the Start of mining Operations such as tests, Checks, Construction and whatnot.