Limit to credits earned in NM SURV

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by HamCient, Apr 5, 2012.

1. HamCient

HamCient New Member

I noticed that nightmare survivals would only allow you to earn up to 500 credits and no more. Is there a reason to have such a limit or is this a bug ?

If the intent is to prevent farming, then the system should not drop anymore H3 after dropping 500 credits worth of H3.

Nightmare survivals are a way which players can earn credits. If it's too "OP" for a player to earn lots of credits in nightmare survival, then some sort of discussion should be carried out to debate if it's worth to let a team of well coordinated and good players to earn their well deserved credits in nm surv in a more unrestricted fashion using honest means.

Thanks.
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You won't reach that cap if you play with 8 people. With 2-4 man runs you will run into the cap.

It is intended to prevent excessive small team surv credit farming.
  3. HamCient

HamCient New Member

I would theorize that removing the limit may encourage more people to NM SURV more often and have a more fun time. What do you think ?
  4. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

increase spawns at every wave by 10x and then remove the limit of credits. there , it solves everything due to balance . unless the true fact is that "YOU" dont want us to buy weapon mods.
  5. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

I am not sure if you do not understand Ghost's post, or refuse to understand it.

The limit does not have any impact on full-team runs. It is designed to limit people from NM SURVing a small, and probably the same group of people to farm for credits. there is nothing in that restriction that discourages people from NM surving or limiting their fun. It does limit people gaining a ton of credits over the course of a week.

that said, i think NM surv is more than popular enough. I'd rather you come up with a way that encourages people to try alpha/apollo instead.
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well, the limit was set by Ability himself. So it's not "Ghost" who doesn't want you to excessively and speedily farm Nightmare Survival. It's The Man. The idea is things like Weapon Mods are supposed to be something that long time, multiyear players are supposed to have. Not every Tom, Dick, and Harry are supposed to have 4 of them by the time time they hit 20,000 XP.

Considering the success rate he quoted that he wanted for Normal Survival (Not even nightmare) is 5% as well, obviously it's something that was never intended to be farmed. We can logic that it wasn't meant for Credit Farming necessarily but as a Challenge Mode. There is a lot of tweaking needing to get it there though.

EDIT: And I do support the cap myself. Currently the way survival is set up running with fewer members makes it EASIER, and gets you MUCH more credits than a full team.
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The Credit Cap is fine the way it is. It doesn't need increasing.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Fixed that for you.

A. Getting 2.5 times more credits for a 2 man nm survival game than a speed nm medal of honor apollo route b is not at all congruent with the difference in difficulty.

B. Credits and weapon mods are meant to be a reward gained after a long time playing notd and an incentive to keep playing many months into the future. If a person really tried and played for example 3 2-man nm surv games per day, winning 1 of them, they would get a weapon mod after just 20 days.

C. NOTD is a cooperative survival map designed for relatively large (5-8) groups of people. It should not pander to the desires of solo gaming and very low player games. These should be a good bit harder and a lot less rewarding.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

It needs to be readjusted to be based on how many people are present in the game. It doesn't need increasing.

Better, Ozy?
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Survival needs to Harder for fewer players, not easier. Spawns should NOT balance to players present.
  11. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Full 8 man team spawns all the time!

And in Nightmare games I'd like to see the random, nonwave spawns be set to Alpha Company standards. (Random Agrons, Devourers, Stalkers, Zombies, and Wraiths) instead of the Easy Company standard that appears now (Zombies and Stalkers).