lets get notd into the first list on customs map

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

The evils of alcohol.

'nugh said
  2. Emperor

Emperor New Member

The funny thing is the edited post came roughly half an hour over the original post, and the original was like 3 - 4 lines.
  3. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

maybe we could swap the two words. face it typing noob is easier than typing newbs
  4. FireFlyerOni

FireFlyerOni New Member

Here is my thoughts about this, how about we call them Rookies or New Players? This does not imply any thing aside from they are still learning about the game and we "vets" or "pros" should willing to teach. This will give everyone more runs if you ask me. Those who use the words "noob", "newb" or "newbies" are often but not always, the real fools. Sure, "noob" is easier to type, but if you are lazy as a teacher and or "pro", "veteran" or whatever you call yourself, will that not also discourage new players from coming back? :)
  5. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

+1
  6. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Call them Recruits. They do start in "Recruit Mode" after all.
  7. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

^ lol.. so i was eating peanut butter out of a jar while typing. anyways Calling them Recruits is a great idea. That way there is no confusion
  8. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Well its almost on second list again
  9. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

ALMOST, the key word.
  10. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

well im starting games and just going afk in them to help get us on top :D so if u see me online and u try to send me a hate box (chat box), dont be sad if i dont reply im just doin my part xD
  11. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Useless lol

A single person going afk in a game won't get us anywhere, look at games like SOTIS having 10 people per match (lets assume 8 though with insta-drops) and games that go for 35-50 minutes each * player count, you won't even touch the games on the first list.
  12. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

so if 1 player plays 4 hours of notd multi pub game, it does nothing to help?
    [hr]
    everyday *
    [hr]
    in addition to playing regularly*
  13. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

I would assume battle.net probably accounts for excessive AFK to prevent abuse of that metric system.
  14. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I wouldn't give it nearly that much credit. Plus AFAIK, you can AFK for four hours and it won't boot you.
  15. Gattu

Gattu Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that is how hours are recorded. I think its only per game and not per game * players.

My basis of this assumption is from the match history and how it works. So for example if you were to leave a game at the beginning and it kept going you wouldn't see it in your match history at all until it finished, and when it is done your history would have said you played until the end of the game, therefore the system only records one game and not multiple different games for each player.
    Having this single game recorded on the system means hours played would only be per game.
  16. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

For some reason i thought it was amt of games +duration.
  17. Arturia

I'm pretty sure its Game Time * # of players in game. With multiple games running, it adds it up into that Hours played value.

While me and a few guys play NOTD SO (I doubt anyone really does besides for them), We would get something like 60 ~ 90+ hours for the game, usually with 5 ~ 10 people playing for up to 2 hours 15 minutes per game (Pre Diablo III, more people played then currently). According to what you say, CleanDust, we should never be able to log more then 24 hours a day, yet we logged 60 or so in 4 ~ 10 hours of play.
  18. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Well ima keep trying. Im sure it gives some credit, and were next in line to get in to second game list i cant give up now.
  19. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

4-10 hours a day?
    I play NotDSO with you guys but 10 hours is a little silly.
  20. Arturia

That is referring to a time before Diablo 3 was released; we usually could get a game going much easily, and had a much higher success rate. Its not easy to win/evac.

Anyways, Pre D3, me and a few other people once did 5~6 evacs in 1 day. Of course a few of those games were much larger then 4~5 mans, but we played and evac'd 6 times. I ended up getting my OOCD (near evac w/ less then 5), and got my 10-man leadership that day (Lead 10-man; Mix of Combat & Leadership points). It'll probably take some time until we can successfully evac again.