lets get notd into the first list on customs map

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, Jun 12, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

How can we do this? Its a great game but we need a way to attract more players, i looked on youtube and the video ability made with a few other's looks a bit outdated, maybe we could get someone to make a new updated video? Also i think we should really stress helpibg noobs get into the game more. Any suggestion's??
  2. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Well maybe it might help if we stopped calling new people "noobs"
    I prefer using "Newbs" and I never use it when directly addressing a single new person.
    I use "Newb" when discussing new people to other people who are already in the community and are discussing something about new people without having to type new people over and over again imjustmumblingrandomstuffnowthatrepeatsoverandoverandhasnorealpointwhatsoever!
  3. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

That was a productive post, im trying to get some feedback to help the community expand, i appologize if were not on the same page, but id like to see notd grow into something bigger.
    [hr]
    Also, if someone ask's for help, and you dont feel like helping, maybe staying out of it is a better way to handle
  4. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

I'll be more productive in this post then.
    Just wait for a bit until all of the people who left SC2 to play Diablo 3 come back to SC2 so there will be both older players coming back and also more new players joining public games.
    Also once HotS comes out there should be a lot of people who come and start playing NotD (Maybe even old players that quit might come back too)

But honestly, new players don't like to be called Noobs :p
  5. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

;p Its actually quite hilarious for someone with less posting then me to be calling people noobs.

And as with all the other posts; yeah people really don't like being called noobs, its just rude and frankly being a dick to the people who may be helping the overall population of the game.
  6. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Ok, thats kind of a wait and see answer but better than nothing i suppose. I recall as i started playing notd being called noob repetedly even after 10k. So didnt see it as beimg offensive just a part of life, stating clearly that i was new to the game. I dont take offense to being called a noob, cuz i will always be a noob at something. And i wasnt calling you in partucular a noob, so im really not sure why you even posted your first post. If my thread is uninteresting in some way dont read it. Id like to bring notd up to the top , where players can see it. It would benefit everyone from the top to the newest of players. Lobby times would be much shorter and more people playing means more support for notd, and at very least if we got more people on forums, maybe we could get the site more ads. All of this SHOULD help notd get better. All im trying to do his help friend.
    [hr]
    Ok, i dont feel like arguing about post's, you guys arent looking at the subject of the thread or the point, so i dont care to read your responses. If you dont want someone trying to help, you got t.
  7. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Step 1: Get Blizzard to stop fucking up the Custom games list.
  8. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Ok how do i do that
  9. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

You kill them because everything else has not worked.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You can help by opening games to public before starting them and playing a lot of games, especially long ones with full house where everyone stays in.
  11. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Well you could join a game solo, don't pick a class and the. Just go afk, that will usually give 7 hours or so if your at work/school.
  12. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

So the maib idea is play looong games to increase playtime on this map? Although i reeeeeaally like the kill them idea, it sounds fun but no1 woukd ever no why
    [hr]
    We should make a day were every notd player logs in, creates solo games, and plays as long as possible. That way there will be between 12-59 games going at once :p
  13. Gattu

Gattu Well-Known Member

If this ever happens new NOTD channels would have to be made maybe "NOTD 2"
    Or else people would get frustrated / not bother to remember and play something else, capping the community to 100 players at a time

Just a random thought:
    So in theory assuming no one goes afk in channel play games like normal 100/8 = 12.5 games. 12.5x 1hr 25 mins = 17hr 42mins average played per 1 game of NOTD
    OR we would be capped at gaining 12hrs 30mins per hour battle net is ran. (time is in game seconds)
  14. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

NOTD Channels:

NOTD
    NOTD2
    NOTD3
    NOTD4

NOTD4 was mainly composed of the same people who were in the other 3 channels.
  15. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

+1

Because here I go again.

I actually think that the

Newb (Newbie > New-B)

vs

Noob (someone who has been playing for a while but has been found unable to grasp principles that would otherwise make the player better)

post is very relevant to this.

Calling newbies noobs when it is highly possible they're actually better than some of the players who've reached the 5 digit exp levels can marginalize them and be detrimental to the growth of the game's player population. A factor that has quite a significant role in getting a game "popular".

I have seen (and been pleasantly surprised) new players utterly own the game on their first few playthroughs, becoming proficient with whatever class they held at the time.
    I'd even go as far as saying that some Newbies were pros right off the bat.

In contrast, I still see players who have reached the 5digit exp mark and not know a ton of things about the game, making avoidable mistakes etc etc. Usually, these same players believe themselves 1337 and beyond reproach by virtue of having 10k exp onwards.

Newbies are to be nurtured, guided, supported. They are the future of this game. They are an asset to NotD as you can be sure that their continued playing will add hours to the game played. And the popularity system is all about hours played.

Noobs on the other hand

[align=center]"are a painful sight to behold."
    -Nite[/align]

So yes, stop calling new players noobs. It'll help them feel more welcome and actually stay.
  16. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

U have obviously never played a pub with me 1 other decent player and 6 "new" players. Shit i get noobs to like being noobs cuz i pamper them with baby power and all
  17. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

All the same, stop calling them noobs.
  18. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

lyaden, if i hadent played with u id say fk off, but fine, if thats such a big deal, i can stop.
    So anyways, it costs me alot of fking pampers. i dont know when i got so drunjik tough.
    [hr]
    nightarc, and lyden -1 in my book though, for stupi dhsit
    [hr]
    omg 17 replies hot thread omg
    [hr]
    fk this shit im just a player, you assholes arent open to new suggestions, but u like do give ur own. its funny though, only the side ppl ( no coders) like to give suggestions while coders understand every areas, im only sayin this because any1 that actually codes here should realize how they are effecting u. Eventually either giving u more to code, or not giving u much (usefull stuff) to go off of. Black ops is probably a good idea, but so far what ive seen and experienced ( not just wat i think, what i have actually seen) , the black ops are assholes, maybe not all of them, but the ones that come out and say, hey listen to me im black ops, dueche bags. But anyways, fun vs. bs, i just wanna play, whoever invited me to forums made a mistake i suppose, but in truth, the only thing i have to say is, I have played NOTD non stop since i first played, whether or not u played longer than I , i dont caRE, because ppl on this forum that activley post are less than 100k, where i see player that play like a mug, have around 20k-100k, a few have more but most, who actually post on this fking forum either dont play or havent played for a while. Which is fine except for the fact that they are making suggestion's that effect ppl who ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING GAME. lyden I have played with u twice. Thats two games. The only reason why I would take what you say for fact, Is because you have two profiles and one has a few games on it. The funniest part about it all (meg this if for u, even though i <3 you, its a sterotype) when you do -w xxx , i only have 125 wins, but 130 or 40 speed wins ? wtf???? Judgin me off broken or mis-interpreted code??

WTF ever. I enjoy this game, I enjoy most of the "NEW PLAYERS" but its the old players, perhaps the ones that played from begging till, well not now, but want to put there 2 cents in cuz MAYBE, some of them have xp. I see ppl online with over 100k xp that are kind , curtieous, (or silent (download)), but actually help team. PPl on here can be team players, but when im in a game with one of these ppl, they think they know everything when some of them arent even high xp, so wtf?? Ability is getting ideas "help"(is that what it is?) form black ops when I havent seen 1/2 of them online, or they are just NOOBS. IDK IM sick of other ppl interefering with shit when they FKING suck. If this thread doesnt apply to you DONT COMMENT. WTF is wrong with you? Im sick of this. PPL who are supposedly on black ops leave noobs to die, dont help ppl at all, yet are still critics. MAYBE if you think IM talking to YOU, you have played this game (alot) but just dont anymore and are involved in the forums. Thats cool and all but for the mother fuckers out there actually shooting zombies, STAY THE FUCK OFF MY THREADS, there only for active fking players. Im sick of you fuckers putting in your two cents when you arent that good( any more, or in general? i dont care), and you dont take care of your team (E.G. NOOBS, or CLASS SPECIFIC JOBS). So dont tell me how to fucking play, when I am the one keeping noobs alive and in game. I know at least 3 newbs ub the last two days that are still playing because of TEAMWORK. so get the fuck off my godam thread (Lydan this is not including you, but unfortunatley you may have been caught in the middle, thx for your profesional-ism in game and on forums).
    Regards,
    Spartan Hija
    [hr]
    about the 100k and active posts, what i mean is, I havent seen much ppl activley posting as well as playing, its either one or the other. I see alot of ppl playing but not posting, and alot of ppl posting BUT NOT FKING PLAYING. So be your own CRITIC, and dont listen to any1 telling you shit.
  19. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Im sick of trying to have fun, and mother fuckers gettin in the way of that. Tell me, whats the point of (1. Creating a game someone ELSE turns into a bad time, 2. Being a dirt bag?), cuz I dont know. I try to have fun as well as help new ppl, if 20 posts is the cost of saying "noob" then this shit, ive been patient, Ive listen to many of you tell me what I need to do or stop doing, but no, Im here and IM doing what I think should be done, whether or not ppl like:
    1.SOLO/SMALL TEAMS
    2. HELPING NOOBS (I SAY NOOBS CUZ THATS WHAT THEY ARE, I DONT CARE WHETHER ITS SPELLED NOOBS OR NEWBS, A NOOB IS A FUCKING NOOB (newb=newb) SO LEAVE ME THE FK ALONE ESPECIALLY WHEN IM TRYING TO HELP NOTD(^look at fking thread name). I want to help notd because I love this fucking game, and the attitude i get from most (its seems like BO, but ill just say vets) is fuck this game, alot of you are bored of it, and if thats the case MOVE ON, otherwise help ppl out and quit being so crabby.
  20. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

You seriously need to calm down.
    I dont know what good/bad experience you have with them and for this matter it does not matter how active/inactive they are because what they are writing about has nothing to do with notd at all. Whenever they wrote that a noob is not a newb (yes there is a difference) you took it as a serious personal insult an reacted like that. You should reread what they wrote,they never attacked you they just keept saying that noob and newb is not the same. It might have been a bad decision from lyanden to bring up the debate again but as he states he felt it necessary, its fine if you dont think so but just because you created the thread you dont have to authority to deny other peoples opinions (even of those you dont like). That, if necesarry, is the job of the admins. I have had a long discussion about naming things on this forum too but that is no reason for any bad blood, discussion is what a forum is there for. I just hope you read this for what it is a advice not a command from a mega pro looking down upon you.