Leaving Notd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaze, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i have 2 reasons for leaving Notd 1. my computer cant handle much of anything anymore. 2. im just tired of the elitist side of the player group excluding me from alot of stuff, and also looking down on me like im an inmature idiot when im acctually just enjoying a game i love, i still dont know why anyone does that and i dont care i never could stand anyone who acts like that and excludes anyone from games so till i get a new computer ive quit, just to much bs behind my back to wanna stay
  2. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

If someone is annoying you, you could always use the block communications command that Blizzard was nice enough to give us. Other than that, farewell, I hope to see you soon.
  3. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Its not a matter of ignoring them, they ignore him. No one invites him to games for some reason and like he said, "elitists".

Have you tried any of the other servers? My lil sis is having a blast over at the SEA Server since cross-region play became available.
  4. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

You'll be back. They always come back.
  5. Blaze

Blaze New Member

I did say i would come back but with new computer
  6. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

Until then, have a CNY ^ ^
  7. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Meh..well see u till then..hope u come back soon.
  8. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Elitism around NOTD? Who knew..
  9. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Obey and you wont have those issues.
    Notd could use more thralls, everyone wants to be the leader when you only need 1/8 x population in that position.
  10. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[hr]
    [hr]
    [hr]
    [hr]

Wait, NO ONE is inviting him to games? Is this an exaggeration or something? I haven't really been to channel games much these days so I wouldn't know.

I'm asking because if it is not a hyperbole then it might be time to take a step back to look at the big picture there.

Rarely is it the case that 'everyone has gone mad' when you start seeing yourself as 'the only one sane'. :|
  11. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

90% of your whole post is immature*. At first you say you can't stand the "elitists", then you say you'll be back. So obviously it's not as big an issue as you make it out to be.

A wise person once told me "you can't change others...you can only change yourself". Work on it kid, you may have lost your chance with a lot of people. But there might be new people by the time you're back.
  12. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Klobber, I'm not gonna lie, And I'm NOT trying to be a dick, but wow that post would seriously come off as snobby to Blaze, because it sure did to me. Again, not trying to be a dick, just putting it out there in real, graphical terms without sugaring it up any.
  13. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

"Elitists" give people chances. You fail hardcore more than once, you shall never be seen for a long while. People don't like seen non new players fail. If you are a pub hero/star then well, you can't complain.
  14. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

squish i think you have the wrong idea here..

Klobber and Lyanden have a point.
    Sure you can try to be mad at the community and say you'll leave for good because you think they mistreat you, but then you say that you'll be back not because of the elitst players, but because you will have a new computer.(hypocrit)
    So obviously you are trying to lash out at certain members of the community while disguising it under the fine prints of "my computer is broken, bbl when its fixed."

You can try to be mad at the community, but maybe you should be mad at yourself.
    Think outside the box a little and see why you are disliked by many and loved only by yourself.
  15. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Yes, to someone outside the community it would seem snobby. But the fact is you haven't been around and have no idea what is going on so your opinion is irrelevant. Facts are facts and I don't shy away from truth. This can make me seem like an asshole at times and I don't deny it but I would hardly consider myself a snob.
  16. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

Problem with this was blaze got shunned by alot of the community due to something that wasn't his fault at all and was blamed entirely on him. hes got a more than fair point which is something i predicted and messaged to extifer in about november that the way the community treats him will cause him to leave soon. This is not just a case of loooking at yourself, which is what most of these are. Juss sayin, many many many of you were dicks to this kid, when all he wanted to do was fit in.

Now however i will say that im not a fan of voicing these kinda leaving things then blaming others. Wanting to leave is one thing, burning your bridges on the way out is another.
  17. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I will say you did message me about this and there needs to be more context added as a result. Truthfully, I was going to stay out of this thread, but because my name was dropped I decided to make a post. I do apologize if my tone is a bit harsh, but when it comes to matters such as this I will give my honest opinion.

First off yes lulz, you did contact me about Blaze and how others were treating him within this community. As a result, I spoke to him privately about some of the things he was doing wrong which rubbed everyone else the wrong way. He asked me to private message him anytime he did something wrong and I did from time to time, but if that was the only way to help then I was not going to do it forever. After all, he does have a brain and I'm not going to babysit him forever.

For the most part, some us and myself included are wrong for the times we mistreated blaze, but at the same time he has failed on numerous occasions to listen to advice and improve himself and that is fine. It's like when most of us play a pub matches for NOTD, the new players that want help we'll help them, but the ones that don't want our help we just cut loose. We can only do so much and that is the way society works. It's one thing to make mistakes as we all make them, but it's worse when we don't learn from them and continue down that bitter road to self destruction.

Historically speaking there have been many members that have made mistakes in the past. However, they all learned from it and have actually improved themselves.
    Show Spoiler

Ex 1. Spartanhija

Spartanhija was disliked highly in the community during last year around summer time because of some of his threads. This includes one about being drunk, one about waiting in a pub lobby, to one about being bored at work. Many of the members in the community were irritated by these threads because they served no point and were useless. As a result, Kithrixx and others made it known to him that he shouldn't be making threads such as the above. Hence, I can actually say that Spartan learned from this and hasn't done a thread like that ever since.

Ex 2. Mirage

Unfortunately for Mirage, he was caught modifying his bank file for NOTD during a time when there was no ban system. He was completely shunned for his actions by the community as we don't tolerate cheaters. Rather than saying F**k you to the community and never returning to the game, instead he decided to reach out to Ability to tell him of the information he knew about coding and decided to put his services to good use. It goes to show that although he knows what he did was clearly wrong, he learned from it and went ahead to fix his ways.

Example of someone who was given alot of advice but has failed to learn from their mistakes and is no longer with us......
    Show Spoiler

Mossy.

Mossy was known as the earlier enforcer for NOTD as he was the one that went and tk'd the cheaters/hackers of NOTD during the days when there was no ban system. Although it was something that many of us (myself included) never condoned, he did get rid of most of those cheaters/hackers. The only problem with Mossy was that he tk'd everyone he "believed" to be a cheater/hacker which included a lot of innocent players. As a result, many in the community (especially Shooz) warned him not to do that because innocent players were having their playing experience ruined. He decided to not do such a thing and continued on his ways, which resulted in many unneeded disputes between him and many innocent players on the forums in addition to many innocent players leaving the community completely. There's other things that Mossy has done as well, but I'll only mention one of the main things he did that was wrong.

Blaze says everyone looks down on him when he act like an immature idiot. So tell me Blaze, when you were in the ChanmanV chat channel in both starcraft II and the live stream, you think its a wise to idea to go telling everyone to call Kithrixx "Matt". Kithrixx really hates being called "Matt" and the only people who ever call him that are generally people that are very close to him, but overall he hates being called matt because its a reference to
    Show Spoiler
    Matt Ward

Even you should know that he doesn't like being called that because that was in the "rage of the day thread" and clearly it shows that he's not happy being called that. So you basically told everyone in the ChanmanV stream and Starcraft II channel to call Kithrixx that name. You think that reflects well on the community?

In the community it's fine to joke around with one another as we all do. From everyone making fun of me for my Homer Simpson giggle in vent to "supposed obsession with Judge Dredd", to Humpz's rage to Kithrixx's anti fun attitude. However, that is something we all do to another within the community only because we all know that we are joking with one another. Obviously, we would never do such things to one another outside of the community.
    This is because if we ever did this outside of the community, we would practically be shaming our members.

As a result of your previous actions, many watching that live stream were growing very irritated with your "immature" attitude because although some of us may not get along with Kithrixx, we would never do that to him for he represents our community and is an important figure head. As such, telling people to call him "Matt W***" would not be a good reflection of the type of community we are. Therefore, what you did shows that you don't represent this community.

As for the elitist side of things for community. Here's my comment,

Show Spoiler

It's in every gaming community out there and is part of the gaming culture in general. Grow up and mature a little. The thing that is common about "elitism" is that the "elite" players generally give everyone a chance, but when you don't want their help/advice and mess up and ruin the playing experience then they have every right to exclude you from their games. This is because you shaming yourself, ruining their playing experience, and players don't want that. If you are fortunate enough to play in a game with these players act mature and prove that you want to be part of their group instead of showing your a** as Shooz would say.

Also I use the quote for elite because I'm sure a majority of people will exclude a player in their games in general when that player shows their a** and ruins the gaming experience for other people.

Example that needs no explanation = SALVIR

Lastly, if you are going to make a thread about leaving NOTD, then it should be about leaving NOTD. Not some cowardly act where you say I'm leaving NOTD because of the way some people are treating me, but I'll be back when I have a new computer. That's just being a hypocrite and a drama king.

Again, I apologize if my tones sounds harsh and for the wall of text. However, it is the truth of the matter and as the saying goes, "Truth Hurts, but if it makes you a better person then by all means"

I admit that I'm no role model myself, but for the mistakes I make and criticism I receive, I learn from them.
    Anyways, that is all I'm going to post and comment in this thread.
  18. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

Lock the thread. This has gotten out of hand and does not reflect well upon the game, the community, and the players in this thread. There are potentially new players checking out the forums after that live-stream from ChanmanV and the Arcade Spotlight from Blizzard, so having threads of such nature near the top of a forum list reflects rather poorly.

DrCaptain Imaginary Lock Engaged.
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

This thread smells like old socks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.