leavers

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Harry B.C. Dresden, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Harry B.C. Dresden

Harry B.C. Dresden Well-Known Member

i think that if someone leaves and you micro them, and they live. you should get the exp rating karma that they would have gained.
  2. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

So if seven other people left the game, and you miraculously get a speed win with all of them alive, you should be getting more than 500 exp for the game?

Also, how will those extra experience rating and karma be distributed? Will everyone share the amount that would otherwise be earned by the leavers? Or will it be shared only by those who the game records as having controlled the leavers' characters?
  3. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Thread moved to NOTD Discussion.
  4. Harry B.C. Dresden

i dont have any specific ideas on how. but it seems to me. that your scenario 1 person keeping everyone alive soloing game would be rediculously difficult.

in pubs it would be more pertinent, because usually when 1-2 people leave everyone else leaves thereby throwing off exp averages rating karma exp.

maybe something like:

5 exp/1 rating/ for each chapter leaver is alive. so if say leaver in chapter 1 lives to the end, player microing him could get 10-15 exp 2-3 rating for keeping him alive.
    that wouldnt give a large amount of exp/rating but it would incentivise microing leavers.
  5. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

That could be abused, say just before game ends and a party decides to help a friend and jump ship, that guy gets all the xp and karma bonus for doing nothing
  6. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

i dont think i would be down for the xp bonus, rating bonus eh maybe for whole game +1 but karma is something i could see this fitting into, might not be worth the coding tho
  7. Harry B.C. Dresden

well thats why i would do it with something like per chapter if someone were to leave say at lab or domes then theyd only get like 3 or something. there is nothing to benefit from microing people right now. and in pubs i find myself microing 1-2 extra chars on average. like today i had to micro myself a medic, a leaver nano and i kept everyone alive from mining base. seems to happen a lot.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I suggest that instead of microing said person you make them hold fire and suicide into a mob so they don't steal your xp. Unless of course it's NM and you want that MoH or they're the only medic and you need them for the sl and av. It's a single character game. The only reason they don't disappear when they leave is because then you would basically lose any time you had a bunch of leavers.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The reward for microing leavers is having an additional hero unit to use and the possibility of MoH.

You don't need more rewards.
  10. Harry B.C. Dresden

I was thinking as for ec specifically. Just because there tends to be more leavers. It was just a minor idea to promote micro skills and how to use other classes. Right now there really is no gain to micro them.
  11. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Why not just leave the game also if there are too many leavers? It's not like you lose exp and credits if you leave before a game finishes anyway.
  12. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

You actually do get an additional reward, more credits. if all 7 players leave and you find h3 canister you get full reward, if players leave and you kill boss you get full reward ( or at least your full percentage of reward).

Although I do see why you would ask this, and was thinking of something similar for keeping Sgt. Stallens, Cpl. Irvin, and Pcf. Brooks, but only 1xp per, and 1 karma for all 3.

I think cp and full credit/ higher credit % is probably enough though.
  13. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

I would love to see a karma reward for this as it makes alot of sense and gives you an actual good incentive to keep other leavers alive. But this would require a rework of some sort of the actual Karma system as it's way too easy to win some, as it is currently.
  14. Gattu

Gattu Well-Known Member

Yea i agree with a bonus karma for the controller, because you are risking the death of your own character for the benefit of the team. But of course this is impossible to code given that the system cant accurately measured who used the leaver the most.
  15. OdinTL

OdinTL New Member

Agreed. I use leavers in nob ec when everyone leaves and end up raking in a good pile of creds and an easy win, haw haw haw
  16. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

One question is, at points in the game it readjusts difficulty to players in game, the question is does it account for leaver units as well, or are they null when adjusting difficulty?
    If they are in fact counted, and not crucial to teams dps or survival, id say let em burn and rape the ammo.
    Anyone know for sure?