Leaver tk

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Klobber, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

So there needs to be some kind of consequence for using leavers to tk someone. Just got tked by zombiehunter, a horrible player mind you. His excuse was he didn't like pathfinders in ec.

Honestly people like this should be permabanned from the community, but that's not my call especially since I'm the victim and I want his testicles ripped off :p

Anyways now that I'm done with my rant, here's a screenshot of my discussion and the replay of the event.
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

The fact players can target allies in Recruit is pointless as far as I care.
  3. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

new idea: in recruit you can't target people.
  4. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Fixed that for you.
  5. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ok, watched both replays. Zombie's tking was completely unwarranted, and he acted as though he was also upset that you were tk'd in the game. Your tking was clearly an act of vengeance, but was still not exactly the best course of action considering there were two 0 xp players in that game (hugostiglitz and night), and you did not stick around to explain to them why you were killing zombie and that NOTD is not normally riddled with people killing each other at the start.
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Take it to PMs or General Discussion if you must. This thread stays on topic or I drag it into the abyss.
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Felt the urge to place a warn on both of you.

All I can say is to not play with people who you find as being disrespectful, and rude.

Adding a command that would be required to control a leaver's unit would be a simple solution of accountability. Players are free to do as they wish, however, when it comes to manipulating the game / game files, that is when the law comes down upon them.

NOTD operates assuming people can be mature and respectful towards one another and cooperate. While that isn't always the case, it should be noted you should work together rather than TK each other. If you have a problem, take care of it over PM's, or talk to a moderator. TKing each other isn't going to make the situation any better; its only going to increase hostility towards each other.
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Negatory. Let em feud, builds character.
  10. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Unclickable teammates in recruit mode would be a very nice fix. Or if possible make it so you can karmabite the person giving the final attack command which causes death. That would probably be a more difficult fix though.

Apologies for any problems I caused concerning the 0xp players. I was a bit upset. I won't act so rashly next time.
  11. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

wouldnt there be a problem for the medic then in regards to targeting for healing purposes?
  12. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I still personally like the ability to tk people in recruit. The reason being, well if I ever see a hacker and I cant vk then I have to at least TK. This is cause it will send a message to them from me and the community (See video below).

Other than that, players that tk other players is a little bit unfortunate however you can just put em on a revenge list and tk them back later. Also, you can keep them on your personal S*** list and warn fellow players and friends of their action. This of course could lead to a multitude of your friends tking them back for you. This of course sends a message to them like the following video except replace us with me:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWVxI6XZAuE[/video]
  13. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

i dont dislike zombie or u klobber. but he should be fine 200xp and 1000 karma for tking a non hacker :/
  14. Ramses II
    • Donator

Just please don't do it when there are newbies. It makes the community look bad.
  15. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

Quote :

Just please don't do it when there are newbies. It makes the community look bad.

/Quote
    This^

Hell it's a last resort, I've nuked a troll medic before. I don't like to do it but it's a last resort.

Though another point for targeting allies is a cause and effect relationship. Newb demo places Armbomb around team or newb picks up stinger and damages allies. Think of it as a child touching a hot plate.
  16. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I will tell the newbs that so and so is a hacker and the community looks down upon that and action will be incurred. Then I will proceed to TK and tell the newb that this is what the community does to hackers.
  17. Allenssmart

Allenssmart New Member

Show Spoiler
    Hey klobber, fuck you fucking piece of shit faggot dirtbag. First you vk me out of the game then you go on the channel and spread shit about me. And then you get me kicked from every single private game FUCK YOU. I put my time into this game to get to 7k xp and now you've rendered it unplayable for me. I killed you BECAUSE YOU WERE FUCKING PATHFINDER IN EC. THAT'S NOT ALLOWED! Fucking faggot ass shit I can't believe you people exist. I thought better of my own country, get the fuck out of Canada you fucker.

Also, keep getting all your friends to SPAM ME WITH INSULTS YOU FAGGOT. YOU HAVE TAKING IT FAR TOO FAR. i have attached a replay of what I EXPECTED TO HAPPEN AND HOW I GOT THE MENTALITY OF HATING PATHS IN EC. IT WAS ALL OUT OF FUN. BUT YOU, NO, FUCK YOU. YOU HAVE TO GET ME BANNED FROM THE GAME.

Zanafein: zombie, you from quebec?
    or are you an indian. Because I hate both of those
    James: lol ikr
    Civil: seeing that you dont talk to really anybody, and that you only have 6 k exp and you sit around jacking off to dogs with peanut butter . ill take klobbers word over yours anyday
    Zanafein: we're not corrupt
    you're just mentally retarded
    James: chock on a dick
    [hr]
    fuck you and your "i won't act so rashly next time" you fucking lying faggot. I try to make this better and you have to ruin IT ALL. So you have more xp, DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN BAN ME FROM THIS GAME. I DON'T WANT TO TAKE YOUR INSULTS AND FRANKLY I'M TIRED OF THEM. I THOUGHT I HAD BEEN GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE, TO "PLACATE" MYSELF, BUT YOU JUST THREW IT OUT THE WINDOW YOU DIRT FUCK. Good day to you sir!

User was banned for this post.
  18. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Oh dear...
    1st and foremost, SEA players are trolls. Do not use their logic of friendly fire in NA.
    2nd, there are forums rules.
    3rd, killing anyone for any reason other than to save a life of one who is being intentionally and malignantly shot at, is frowned upon

Yes, playing with an ally being pathfinder can be very tiresome, and they could possible ruin THAT game for you, but killing them and ruining the game for them, will prompt defense from those who call themselves friends of klobber. If you do not want to play with someone for the sole reason of the class they random, quitting is better.

In short, keep a cool head, watch your words, and if a game does not seem to fit your ideals, leaving is better than tking. It is easier to get mad at a tker than a leaver
  19. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

That's hardly a fair reason. All players are allowed to play whatever they damn well please. You may not agree with it, but killing them is no excuse. That being said, the Pathfinder is currently balanced for Nightmare Apollo. It is also still unfinished, and not fully balanced, and is currently overpowered. This is only exacerbated by the easiness of Recruit difficulty. That being said, player's have a responsibility to play their class in Moderation if they can outlevel their teammates with ease. Klobber is at fault here for most likely playing like a selfish prick, and Allen is at fault for tking him out of spite.

Really now, nationalist prejudice. This is nothing but hate speech.

Well, you can block communications with any players you need to. If truly serious, you can take it up with Blizzard. As for Klobber & his gang, that is indeed taking it too far for one butthurt tk.

This is simply pathetic. Worthless children, thinking their tough shit on the internet. I don't care what you did to piss them off, they just want a punching bag to inflate their own egos.

Surprisingly well said.

Now, the matter at hand. I'm not going to ban anyone, shocker I know. If one of the other mods feels its necessary, then so be it. But I will say two things.

Allenssmart has gone about this all wrong. One cannot fight fire with fire. While their may have been some shred of nobility in his initial teamkill, any of that has been lost in his response. He chooses an immature swearing contest over acting like a rational being.

Klobber however, I think I have more disdain for. He took something as petty as a teamkill in a public game and used it as a scapegoat for something that is nothing short of cyberbullying, assuming what has been said is true.

Both parties from what I see are at fault, and both show great immaturity and unwillingness to treat this in a civilized manner. If you two wish to continue raging it out, then take it to private messages, talk to each other like men on vent, or do so ingame. I will be banning either of you if I see another word of this on the forums. And no, I don't care whose "right."[hr]
    That had best be sarcasm. Some of my good friends, and our most valued forum members and veterans are "SEA trolls". Ability himself heralds from the server. All servers have bad apples, the difference is SEAs can run to NA and "start a new life."
  20. Osaze

Osaze Well-Known Member

This post actually made me login for once. Simple put, SEA players arent trolls, they just go about things differently. And ZombieHunter, if you tked me because I randomed a class you dont like, you would recieve an all out war... Klobber has nothing on what I can bring, so you need to realize that what you did was not ok. Now, Klobber had every right to tk you next game, I was in it, he explained it to me. I was perfectly in agreement. Your spewing of this hate is unacceptable, YOU ARE NOT ME YELLING AT QUASSY. Should you persist in trying to be me, I will destroy you.
    Thank you, THAT IS ALL.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.