Knife ourselves to death?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by RawrBeezy, Apr 6, 2012.

1. RawrBeezy

RawrBeezy New Member

Didn't know we could knife ourselves to death. but i guess it's possible. Died as pathfinder while jumping then holding knife. Correct me if i'm wrong. But that's how i saw my death. Please s hare if you think i died in a different manor

Edit.
    Just jumped in the same spot again and knifed. Seems like that spot causes you to die if you jump+ knife there.
  2. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Jetpack assisted seppuku.
  3. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

tried some games in apollo and every game ended up with people killing themselves left and right, something is wrong with either the pistol or the knife, it's near unplayable right now
  4. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

i think it's related to knifing something while shooting with a pistol. someone in the channel mentioned they died while knifing a creep tumour, so i wanted to test that. knifing alone didnt seem to cause anything, but when i shot the tumour with a pistol WHILE knifing, i hit myself as well. not sure whether it was the pistol or the knife hitting me, but i assume it's related to the pistol change, especially the change from 2x attack to single attack.

replay attached. i tested knifing and shooting a teammate, there is still no ff that i noticed. then we go to airlock to test the tumours (was in ec em for testing).

i think the reason a lot of people have been mentioning pathfinder is simply because pf starts with the pistol, the bugged weapon.
  5. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Forgot whether Pikatikaa knifed and pistol shot tumor or whether he jumped and knifed tumor but this was the outcome:
    [attachment=540]
  6. fox

fox New Member

Confirmed. Doesnt have to be PF. And you don't need to be shooting tumour.

In a pub just now the cmd and i was knifing inf (cmd has pistol obviously) and he ff'ed both of us. Lucky the inf died b4 us lol...
  7. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

It's the Pistol and X1 new weapon mechanic. Will be fixed in next patch.
  8. SHADOW

SHADOW New Member

Very lucky i hope it get fixied soon pistol is my fave early game wepon:(
  9. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

Which means finally pistol will be weaker as it finally no longer hit twice :D