Kith's Rifleman Rework

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Kith, Apr 25, 2012.

1. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

I love Order and Fortitude. (Also add technician to the list of DPS tanks) I think they are great trees, but they fill dual role just like Survival. My point is I think this is perfectly fine.
  2. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

There are only 14 classes lol

But on a more serious note, traps can be the worst skill in the wrong hands and can aid your death, but in the right hands I would put traps in the top 8 at least, if a huge mob of zombies come and prevent you from leaving your holdout traps will stall them as you make your escape.

Just a question for Kithrixx does repulse still stop lasers in Apollo and he gunship strikes in Easy Company?
  3. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

yet there are 140 skills

Just for shits and giggles i'll throw that top 5 up here for ya 1. Mind control 2. Nuke no particular order for the other 3 but Repulse, Faith, TTD. Now getting off topic so time to stop that discussion.
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

No, they don't stop Orbital Doom Lasers or Gunship Strikes.
  5. Ryan III

Oh sorry thought u ment ULTIMATES not skills sorry bout that
  6. Mick

Mick New Member

What I always liked about Rifleman was the somewhat strong hybrid build - level up to grenades, then work on weapons proficiency. When they reworked Bloodlust it became a little less viable, but I've since seen a few people go for the build in Pubs. I think it helps ESPECIALLY in pub games where new players don't necessarily get the whole talent tree spec system, and end up putting points in both trees. It's nice knowing that such a mistake won't relegate your character to sub-par status, and even nicer knowing its salvageable into a great build.

To support my point, a lot of the other classes have some very good hybrid builds. Medic I know has one; people have talked of the power that is hybrid Dr. Shooz. Current FO in EC makes a good hybrid (get flamers then art for queen), but A) he's changing soon and B) EC is not FO's story-line. I've never seen a Satchel-Look Demo, but it seems like it'd be a decent option too - lay a satchel and Look to keep them within AOE. I'm sure there are others as well.

Kith - when reworking the classes as you have been doing, do you also look at hybrid viability? Or is NOTD trying to shy away from hybrid builds in the future?
  7. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Hybrid Recon actually works pretty well, as well.

Note that with the proposed Rework of Rifleman, hybrid riflemen will be quite a bit more powerful in general.
  8. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

combat rifle is underpowered and needs a buff, but surv rifle is fine the way it is. IMO surv rifle is one of the very few most well designed and balanced classes in the game.
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Except for the part where improved focus fire is a terrible skill.
  10. Sazier

Sazier New Member

I LOVE! the combat rework, BUT! Survival is almost perfect, don't change it!

Just Yesterday in a pub me and another player were leading some newbies and they were dying one by one; by the time we reached the domes it was just Me 10kish, The Other vet 10kish, and a guy with 200xp. I was Survival Rofle and I noticed near perfect class synergy.

I Loaded up with a shotgun (buffed by weapons pro.)and wound up with 1600 kills by the end using traps to herd the spawns, repulse to add some SERIOUS! dps, and used Saline to be basically invincible.

The only skill that needs any rework is improved focus fire because it doesn't synergize with the rest of the tree.

"My Suggestion," you ask. Well I think the choice for specking tier 1 should be between staying alive (lets call it Survivalitude) which is currently saline and a survival skill fitting along the lines of "The Best Defense Is A Good Offence..............And Speed.......Speed Helps Too."

I brainstorm something like this.

Tier 1- In Practice - Passive
    Being the lowest ranking member of UAD Expeditionary Forces the Rifleman never stops training; hoping to one day be selected for an advanced specialization program.

Level 1- Rifleman gains a 5% move speed improvement and 25% more knife damage.
    Level 2- Rifleman gains a 7.5% move speed improvement and 50% more knife damage.
    Level 3- Rifleman gains a 7.5% move speed improvement, 75% more knife damage, and plus 1 knife range.

The idea being that you can knife kite Like A Boss, but if you get hit you aren't as indestructible.
  11. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

Ok I want to be constructive because I’m sure Kithrixx doesn’t appreciate that I hate all of his ideas. Here is my suggestion.

-Leave survival tree the way it currently is.

-Your Combat is fine just change the Weapons Proficiency you currently have on Comabat to something else.

Sugestion 1
    “Dual Magazines”
    Every other Reload will be really fast followed by a full length reload.
    Level 1:
    1st reload 30% faster
    2nd reload full length
    Level 2:
    1st reload 60% faster
    2nd reload full length
    [attachment=961]

Sugestion 2
    “Drum Magazine”
    Larger capacity magazine
    Level 1:
    +25% capacity
    Level 2:
    +50% capacity
    [attachment=962]
  12. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Why? I mean either one is basically a strictly worse version of either Weapon Proficiency and Ammo Feed respectively (And MUCH, MUCH worse). And I don't really see a huge clamoring about how Ammo Feed is completely broken. Though Ghost seemed convinced earlier that Weapon Proficiency would just break open Combat and turn him into some unstoppable juggernaut of pain. So I guess you're not alone there.
  13. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

Well the idea was to keep Proficency in Survival and provide Combat with a similar (but unique) skill that gives him a minor buff that wouldnt make the tree OP.
  14. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Yeah. I can see what you're saying and appreciate it. Just think that having a strictly worse version of what the class already has on the other tree isn't exactly a good call. Be like the Surveillance Recon having an half duration, half radius escape with twice the cool down.
  15. Ryan III

Well the second skill you suggested is basicly nerfed ammo feed.
  16. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

So what exactly is going on with your weapon when you get an HCM? I dont suppose you've duct taped several mags of various sizes together.
  17. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

30 * 1.5 = 45 Then do the same thing as Ammo feed. +30 for HCM for a total of 75.

Honestly I kinda like my 1st sugestion because the 2nd is pretty similar to ammo feed.
  18. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

i dont see how the hcm part cant work with dual magazines.. would simply be 2 larger magazines taped together, possibly works for drum magazine but more of a stretch. But do we really need more Modern Warfare skills in notd =P.
  19. Khorne25

Khorne25 Member

Really no we shouldnt copy that...

Depends what kind of High Cap we currently have but two of them dual taped would be very awkward. Im presuming by 2184 we have something similar to the Maglite HCM rather than an extra bit mag.
  20. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

The same way the same ammo works for every gun, and you can use Hollow point, Armor peircing, and Full Metal Jacket at the same time.... It's a game don't overthink it.