Kith's Rifleman Rework

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Kith, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Focus Fire is hardly awkward and annoying. Press button, get results. Granted, pressing it over and over can get irritating, but I'd rather not just leave it as a switch to leave on so you can get a constant supply of Super Grenades and DPS boosts.
  2. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm, these options. I personally want the reload speed, but I'm just trying to figure out the significance of increasing FF by a total of 4 seconds. The FF increase is an energy management tool, and although it does have a rather significant reduction in energy use (keeping FF up for 45 seconds you use a total of 45 energy as opposed to 81), I don't see the advantage of it. I rarely run into energy problems as crofl, and I would love to have the reload reduction. I would never skip it. Although there have been times where I wished FF had an auto cast (I know it won't happen) I kind of feel that the increased duration stems from "I don't like hitting 'f' every 5 seconds"
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

It boils down to energy conservation and utility. If you don't think it's worth it, vote for better reload reduction.
  4. ComradeHX

ComradeHX Well-Known Member

+1 for reload.

Make timely use of manual reload almost instant so roflman can make most use of focus and frenzy.

Extra focus fire time does very little to make roflman more fun.
  5. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Yeh kith GJ I love the new rotfl, makes it less nooby and more fun to play imo. Also switching p-shot and weap passive between crotfl n surv made the rotfl better as a class. P-shot gives surv more ultiliy and weap passive ups crotfls dmg and dps.
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Kudos on that brilliant post, Domo.

I prefer the increased duration of focused fire b/c it increases the whole idea of pseudopassives and talent synergy in the rifleman. Everything builds on everything else (except maybe sonic traps). How would you feel about slightly nerfing the surv rifle slightly and then making sonic traps somehow decrease the energy cost of crippling fire, just to make traps not just stick out like a sore thumb?
  7. LordFond

LordFond Well-Known Member

I voted for reload. I think that an extended version of Fired Up may result as a "clone" of Bloodlust (they both increase damage/attack speed for about 10 seconds except for sight bonus/-1 armor debuff and enegry cost).
  8. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

The thing I've noticed is for some reason most people skip Pshot.
    There's a thing that is unclear to myself:
    Trapper is mainly used for silver star gain. That being said I see very often people getting 3 3 2 0 1, and theoretically you aren't looking to take hits. While others will always skip saline because.... It has no use/you shouldn't be using it.

Combat tree is good work. People dislike granades but I actually like them, might because I don't need max critical due to 9 perception when using rifle :). Having a granade incase something spawns on your feet(eg beatling) doesn't hurt.
  9. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Apparently, due to the speed burst and also the AoE, people prefer to just run and and repulse. I'd almost be willing to say we should nerf it.
  10. Scorpione

+1.
    After level 9 they just spam repulse and traps when something is getting near them. Repulse shouldn't stun, at the very least.
    Edit: traps already stun/slow.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Man, if you guys wanna nerf Repulse, you can figure it out. I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.
  12. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

Didn't repulse used to not do damage or something?
  13. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Traps mostly slow, plus spamming repulse n traps justs eat up all your eng. I think repulse fine it is.
  14. Scorpione

Yeah but just yesterday I tested it. Repusle stuns everyunit and gives them -10armor. It allows u to use smg n make up quiet a large amount of dps on plenty of bosses even if short time, it can be spammed.
    Like you said: traps = slow + stun. And repulse has a rather big aoe.... Reduce aoe radius, n maybe instead of stun heroic just a slow instead.
  15. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

But, your understand surv doesn't have much dps since weap passive is gone. It's mostly burst dmg like the p-shot and repulse.
  16. Ramses II
    • Donator

He's not supposed to have dps. He's not a dps class, he's a disable support class who needs very little support to function. Theoretically we could even remove the damage from pshot and repulse, though that would stir up an incredible hornets' nest and remove the additional function of pshot killstealing for levels and taking out immortals.
    [hr]
    Actually, now that I think about it:

Make pshot only 5-10 energy cost, 0 damage, and immortals that die while stunned by pshot do not come back. This reduces survrofl's energy issues and provides a higher skill ceiling with single-target slow/stun spammage.
  17. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

And make Survival Rifleman < Combat Rifle?

Because almost nobody is going to be playing Survival Rifle if you nerf Repulse & Precision Shot.

Lets not make a beginner class underwhelming for beginners.

Because every new player that tries out Survival Rifle, and tries out Combat Rifle, will find Combat Rifle to be exceedingly superior, because Survival Rifle will be doing jack shit in comparison.

Would you even use Survival Rifle over Combat Rifle in Alpha or Apollo Sec?
  18. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

We ban surv rifle even now in alpha and sec as useless in comparision to combat but we in eu like our zombies dead. Only place where traps are welcome is surv with all the troll parasites possible. But that would be it.

And on topic of poll, i would like reload reduction but ff isn`t so bad either if it will be longer with cooldown remaining unchanged, otherwise it will be bloodlust v0.5.
  19. Scorpione

Ramses pretty muh said what I was about to say :D
    Well put it this way: in alpha it doesn't really matter what you do.
    In sec you don't need survival since you can get level 14 by the time you get to hades.
    In survival is kinda nice. That extra -10armor really helps with a high hp persers + smgs.
    Surv rifle is more of a team build or easier time with SS. The repulse damage isn't really a big thing. As much as the free 2 second stun on any unit.
    Nik you just hate it cause you can't farm with short range weapons >:D

Edit: call repulse+trap a free way to defend dps if there's already plenty.
  20. Ramses II
    • Donator

Almost no one already does. NOTD has been moving towards more and more specialized classes for a long time now, stuff that's half dps half something else doesn't work. Why do you think weapons proficiency got swapped over in the first place? Remember chainsaw or old charge? How about the original reflexes? Pretty much the only classes that are part dps part something else that actually work are demotank and smm, and the demotank is full tank with extra dps (he does literally everything you could ask for from a tank while still putting forth more dps than the support classes with ttd), while the smm is actually usually just used as a straight dps class now what with the ridiculous ease of scouting.