Kithrixx - Contract Designer for NOTD

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ability, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I've brought Kithrixx on-board as a contract employee for the month of April to help out with much needed concepts and artwork for the NOTD.

Background
    NOTD has a long way to go in development and we're passionate in seeing it grow. We don't lack in ideas - but really in resources and programming capability. Our backlog of bug fixes and suggestions is sizable. At the same time, because of the nature of our work, the Dev Team spends the bulk of the time on the SC2 Map Editor vs. actually playing the game. We won't be as in touch in the game as a good number of our core players. In addition, I have zero formal training in games design (I studied Accounting in school). We need someone who's able to come on board as a designer and artist to help flesh things out better for us and also sound out the community.

Hiring Kithrixx
    Kithrixx has a passion for games design and he's been playing NOTD for close to 2 years. He's got a critical mind and is able to help us channel our limited time more effectively into growing NOTD. He will also spend more time thinking about concepts and speaking to people vs. being tied up with implementation in the Map Editor which is what Earendil and I do for now. He volunteered himself for the role and we accepted his proposal.

Mandate
    Some key deliverables:
    - Improving overall class concepts and game flow
    - New artwork (wallpapers, icons, class portraits, banners)
    - Sounding out the community on where the game is going

How Does This Impact the Community?
    You'll see more coherent concept ideas come out for debate and allow us to shape our development priorities and calendar over the next few months.

Congrats Kithrixx on your assignment!
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

3. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Congratulations Kith and wise choice Ability.
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

5. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

6. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

Congrats, Kith. Hope it's a successful month!
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

<--- saw it coming. ;)
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I'll be honest, I'm pretty damn excited about this. I've wanted to do something like this for some time.

I'd like to point out, now that I am actually an employee of Blueberry and it is my job to filter suggestions, I encourage all players to bring issues up with me that they may have with the game, and I'll see to it that Ability hears about them if they're important.
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

^ That doesn't mean start sending him crap like "D00d ur clas sux i h8 u y dun u dye?"

Send him constructive, helpful stuff, not insulting garbage. I'll personally feed your bones to the Lemurs if I hear of stuff like that happening.
  10. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do a good job. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)
  11. Ghostel

Ghostel New Member

-Hey guys, no burning the witch this week, let's go home... :-/
    "Angry mob dipserses in darkness of NOTD forum"
    -But we will be looking after you :dodgy:

----------------

On a serious note, Congrats and Good luck Kithrixx in meeting expectations of community, you'll need it. ;)
  12. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Sorry bud, I called dibs a long time ago.
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I'm happy to share that Kithrixx's employment is extended for the month of May. As part of his compensation, he will also receive 50k in-game credits. If there are any concerns or questions, please PM me. There's still a lot of work we have to do for NOTD and we need all the help we can get.

The 2 big things we need are also art and lore contributions.
  14. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

I want in-game credits, too. :(
  15. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

And every random being PF :D

Well done Kith.
  16. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

That's just obscene amounts of luck.
  17. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

5 weapon mod points go go go!

And as Ghost said, well done :)
  18. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Actually on second thought, how are you going to get 50k when the game force starts you at 10k even if the value is higher :D
  19. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Oh ye...
  20. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

You can have over 10k credits, but only 10k of it saves. He can make all of the purchases in the game where he gets the 50k