Kithrixx bitching about colors

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Kith, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

So, what's this about the Pathfinder being blue? He's of the Engineer class slot, and therefore should be Dark Green. I don't understand the break in consistency. If we're going to start assigning unique colors to all classes (which we can do considering that there are 16 colors available and 14 classes), then I'm fine with that, but I'd much rather we do one or the other rather than arbitrarily decide to make changes. I'll happily write up a color roster if we decide to make all classes have unique colors.
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

RE: Questions and Suggestions.

Its because the Pathfinder easter egg from before the class was added was blue color. Don't get your dick in a knot.
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Be less of a bitch. I'm just looking for consistency in the color assignment scheme, and if anything should be colored blue, it's the Assault, considering that he literally can't be anything else (at least until the new texture is added).
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

The new texture will fuck up his face, which is not preventable because blizzard was lazy and made tychus's face part of his texture. So it remains to be determined if an ugly face is worth team colored body.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I absolutely think it is. Rarely do players actually look at the models. If it becomes a huge problem, then we can just get a custom texture.
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Yeah. It's a 95%/5% split between color via Armor being viewed, and the face of the model which requires zooming in and proper angling to the camera. Rather have colors.
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Considering that we're axing many cutscenes, its becoming less and less likely that players will see the faces and up-close details of the models. On top of this, from a distance, the face looks fine (because despite looking like roast beef, its still fleshtone).
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

That's going to be 200kb of space, so do we have room for it? I thought the script limit was still an issue.
  9. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I don't have a strong opinion on the colors. It's up to you, kith.
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Rifleman - Light Gray
    Medic - Teal
    Assault - Blue
    Recon - Purple
    Marksman - Yellow
    Demolitions - Brown
    Engineer - Dark Green
    Commando - Red
    Flamethrower - Orange
    Forward Observer - Green
    Psi-Ops - Light Pink
    Technician - Violet
    Pathfinder - Dark Gray
    Chemical Expert - Light Green

wwwwwhoosh, color roster, with pink and white left over

Also, we just hit the script limit, not map size limit. I'm fairly sure there's a difference.
  11. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I'd like CP sharing classes to share the same colors, just because it used to be that way until some new ones were added.

No real reason I suppose.

Giving them all unique colors can work (as would having shared colors would work) but makes purchased colors less unique in a way.

Btw, why do you hate pink? :p
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Purchased colors are still unique, because it's one of the colors across the board. And I don't hate pink, I just don't see an appropriate place for them. Perhaps we can put Light Pink instead of White on the Psi Ops.
  13. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

I would be happy to have Light Pink on the Psi Ops rather than white. Adds personality to it IMO, and also makes use of at least 1 pink color.
  14. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I'd also be tempted to have demo stay orange and FO be brown instead. Since the coloring is nearly full body on the FO now and a full orange suit is a bit well.. :p
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The Demo being brown is more in-line with his class, considering that his armor scheme is desert camo. I think Orange suits the FO better, considering that he's the one who calls down big-ass artillery strikes and all that.

Thermidor, I'm all for changing the Psi Ops to Light Pink, but I realized that Light Pink is not actually available in the color shop, so it'd be kind of an issue. If/When we implement the Class Customization interface, then we could put it in.

Edit: Bah, fuck it, put it in anyways
  16. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

Kith, the only problem, I mean I have been wondering since Demo was added,,,,,

Why

Why is he using Desert-Camo Armor on the moon ?????
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Man, I have no fucking clue. Don't ask me.
  18. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I think demo should be orange. The reasoning behind his ridiculously colored armor is because he fucking blows stuff up and doesn't care what his suit looks like. He thinks desert camo looks cool, and he thinks orange looks cool.
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I really think the FO needs to be orange so his teammates can see him easily. He's pretty fragile, and with gunship taking away his character control, I want to be able to pick him out of the crowd at a glance. Brown is too muted, but on thhe demo it hardly matters because he's fat and brownish orange anyways.
  20. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Because desert cammo = desert = sand niggers = bombings/explosions!

I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, I like this proposal to changed colors for every class. If this pushes through however, I DEMAND that a new method to inform the newbies about which classes share which CP be made.