K Preview: What Kith's been up to

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Kith, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

[align=center][​IMG]
    War, Horseman of the Apocalypse[/align]

Just, y'know. A heads up that I haven't been doing nothing. Learning the editor and the previewer and working on boss patterns (Tartarus is getting some new stuff so he's not completely fucking boring) and rewriting Survival and making Apollo useful. The pretty individual up there is War, the second Horseman fight. The Horsemen will be replacing the last four waves of Survival (or at least, the last five, with the final "wave" being GOTB if there's a strong enough showing for his continued presence).

The Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as of now, are elite Black Ops Operatives, and will consist of themed bossfights. They're based on being "super" variants of the player classes:
    • Conquest, the Marksman
    • Pestilence, the Chemical Expert
    • War, the Technician
    • Famine, the Medic
    • The Headless Horseman, the Infested Colonist Yes, this is Bob.
    • Death, the Commando

As for the rest of the bosses, I'm aiming to make them much more like Cronus, where there's an actual attack pattern and involves a lot more than just "run for your life and shoot it when you can".

So, yeah. That's what I've been doing. Inquiries and comments welcome.
  2. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

I want one
    You didn't have to quote the entire post. ~Kith
  3. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

MAYBE HE WANTED TO?

:p

Anyways it looks good.
  4. Lyanden

I did! You know me so well. But seriously, that thing looks amazing. Who worked on it?
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Me. I did that. It looks a lot better in motion.
  6. Lyanden

Dayumn. You been busy Xavier
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I've also been very quiet. That's the reason for this preview - to show that I have indeed been spending my time wisely.
  8. Lyanden

:cool: good job
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Mumble grumble I hate everything. Have Conquest and Famine.

[​IMG]
  10. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Omg. This is some good stuff right here. can't wait to see how it turns out! :)
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

War, Horseman of the Apocalypse looks good!
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Good. I was aiming for "a really suped up viking", but ended up not using the Viking base model because it looked too cramped/similar. Spartan Company works because, hey, flamethrower arms.
  13. Lyanden

BADUMP!

Please approve of said models great creator.

Implementing the medic's specifically should help fix its model glitch right now and get the new model in (2 birds with 1 stone). Ty
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Uh... hate to break it to you, but the whole "four horsemen" thing was dropped and will be held over for NOTD2 and its Survival mode.
  15. Lyanden

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/video]
  16. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Sorry, Dogg. Survival's got its own shindig right now, it doesn't need to be remade into something else. Best to just leave the Four Horsemen and their shit to NOTD2 so it's got notable differences.
  17. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Could just make a "Boss Bash" mode, in which you end up fighting boss after boss after boss in a confined space starting from Easy Co to Alpha Co to Apollo Sec to Survival, then the four horsemen, and then the this-isn't-even-my-final-form-boss becoming a large Dr. Freeman with a laser rifle.

Because, you know. Some people remember getting chased out of the lab by a laser rifle wielding doctor.

If anything, that could be a 5th game mode with its own exclusive character.
  18. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCH4cY9k_o[/video]

I would also like to say to Kithrixx, please keep up your good work. Its great to hear that this will be be coming to NOTD2 instead of our current NOTD.
  19. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

The last four to five waves of survival? Will the order they appear be random so it adds an element of surprise?
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

They might've. But they're not happening, so.

In NOTD 2 my plan is to have them show up every 10 waves and be Survival-specific bosses.